• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Do you think I'm making this sh*t up? :lmfao:
    No, there's not really anything to make up. It's a subjective thing whether or not someone's facial expressions are "over the top." I don't really want to take the time to watch the whole video to see if I subjectively agree or not, and even if I did watch the whole video to form an opinion, I wouldn't really be interested in debating over it. :dunno:

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    No, there's not really anything to make up. It's a subjective thing whether or not someone's facial expressions are "over the top." I don't really want to take the time to watch the whole video to see if I subjectively agree or not, and even I did watch the whole video to form an opinion, I wouldn't really be interested in debating over it. :dunno:
    Yet you continue to reply........... :scratch:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As far as deployments go, depends on your MOS, (job) and of course... timing.
    I had 9 years in prior to Desert Storm.
    Didn't get activated again until I had over 20 in...
    Ended up with 4 times getting hit to go to war.
    I have a friend who had 24 years in the Reserves. Retired as a Major. He was activated for a little over 3 1/2 years during the everlasting global war on terror, but deployed only once and that was to Afghanistan for something under 6 months. Most of his activation was spent at Atterbury training troops for deployment.

I have another (much older) friend who went to Vietnam and during his tours, he made E-5 three times. He said 'Nam was no fun, so he had to find his fun where he could.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Wow...if that's true...certainly adds an ironic twist on the ASL angle. But it seems more likely the attack was random and he had no idea who was there that night. Just because an apesh!t person goes full apesh!t at a time and place when there happen to be a lot of Jewish/Black/Freckled people in attendance doesn't mean it was a hate crime against those people. It may just mean the person was, well...apesh!t.

Of course, The Left has its own segment of low-I.Q. "I don't believe in random coincidences" people, and the realistic observation above would probably find no favor among the "Hate Crimes Brigade." Since it would seem to suggest that merely because "X out of Y" victims of a crime had a certain shared trait, doesn't mean you can assume it was an act of hate against all people who have that trait. That would mean we need to treat crimes as simply "crimes," thereby undermining the "Hate Crimes Movement." And we can't have that.

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I'm not trying to instigate a debate by replying. You seemed to think I was intimating that you were making things up; I thought it worthwhile to clarify that I didn't mean that. That's all.
    I am sorry for being somewhat of an ass. I'll try to do better. :cool:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Two of my kids learned ASL in school. Facial expressions are a big part of it....and apparently a bigger part for some than for others.

I agree that it is. But with a live speaker and Closed Captions I feel this lady is over the top.
    I suppose she is somewhat famous for being a Covid Darling a few years ago. She is even more animated now that then.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I am sorry for being somewhat of an ass. I'll try to do better. :cool:
    No, you're fine. I don't have a very good way with words, and also have a habit of making things worse instead of better when I try to clarify. In hindsight I can see where the tone of my replies came across as snarky when I didn't mean it to be. No harm, no foul. :)

el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany

"Card recently reported experiencing mental health issues, including hearing voices, and threatened to shoot up a military base in Saco, the law enforcement bulletin said. He was also reported to have been committed to a mental health facility for two weeks over this past summer, according to the bulletin." SAY IT WITH ME GUYS "WE'RE PREVIOUSLY AWAARE OFF THE SHOOTER," -the FBI in a month

Top Bottom