Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Fair criticism, but we need not empower the federal govt to a degree that threatens our rights. But this discussion on mass shootings is long overdue.

We can't have a national discussion on that topic. The leftists only want to talk about firearms restrictions. They won't talk about anything else without getting that first.

It's like we can't talk about gun violence in the cities. The leftists only want to talk about gun restrictions. Any other discussion about why young black men continue to slaughter young black men is taboo.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Imagine a media that didn't showcase the person's name, life, background, etc... when they did something like this. Do you think it would happen less often, perhaps?

Can't the fault be placed on a massively open and "social media" society where everyone has to see and know everything immediately, and let everyone else know what they think?

I think that messes with people's minds. Messes with how we were meant to think and behave.

Stopping the public notoriety is certainly something that should be considered. To some, this is a surefire way to become famous.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As evidenced in this thread, this will be a fight that we foolishly believed we had won. Even those among us may well fuel the fire of the anti's...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Stopping the public notoriety is certainly something that should be considered. To some, this is a surefire way to become famous.

A. It'll never be considered unless forced by the government, with harsh penalties for doing it.
    B. It'll never be considered by the media because it's way, way too profitable.

So we know what could potentially help... but it's unlikely to ever happen.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Anti Gun is already using this as a cause for more gun control. Which usually means a ban or total confiscation. CBSN has people at the Whitehouse on TV calling for more gun laws.

We have some folk on INGO that are ready to join them. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm obviously not surrounded by some of the most capable minds in the world. That's my excuse.

Well, speculate for me. What can be done?

More to the point, what can a President do? Any President? Why is this the President's role?

Can all problems be solved with legislation?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Speaking of national conversations... Amazingly, despite this horrible event, Chicago is still "in the lead" for gun violence, well over Vegas' 2017 total. THAT FACT is, like Devin Hester, ridiculous. Did the guy in Nevada get his guns from Indiana, too?

Shot & Killed: 496
    Shot & Wounded: 2386
    Total Shot: 2882
    Total Homicides: 533

source: 2017 Year To Date Totals | Chicago Murder, Crime & Mayhem | HeyJackass!

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The problem with shutting down the faces and the names of these killers is the help the public can provide in answering the unknowns. Especially if there is information that an event is not a single instance.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The problem with shutting down the faces and the names of these killers is the help the public can provide in answering the unknowns. Especially if there is information that an event is not a single instance.

Only thing it seems to answer these days is "what tribe did he belong to", "should I be happy or sad about the people they killed because ideology", and "what laws can we try to make out of this."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, speculate for me. What can be done?

More to the point, what can a President do? Any President? Why is this the President's role?

Can all problems be solved with legislation?

No, I'm not going to speculate. Because I don't know if there is a solution.... but I don't know that there isn't a solution, either. All I know, is that it is past the time that we had a discussion to find out one way or the other, devoid of the "take away their guns," and "don't take away my guns" arguments that hinder sincere thought on the subject.

Top Bottom