Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    This is a writer for Jimmy Kimmel.

After this tweet, she pulled the "sexism" card at a man for responding to her inane bull****.

DLtld4sXcAA_Kxn.jpg:small

Well I guess the "First" is considered the same... so shut the fu<£ up...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wait.

She might be on to something.

Direct election of senators might not be a real thing?

This may be worth exploring....

ETA:
    Dangit.

I wonder what that means for slavery....

We still have slavery its just not called that term anymore instead its called debt (student loans mainly).

Plus we have generations now on welfare which is again another form of slavery. :)

See how we did not get rid of it just hid it.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Sheriff Lombardo Briefing:
    In today's briefing he did not confirm the document found is ballistics calculations. Stated it's still being studied do determine the its meaning and use. Jose Campos, the hotel security guard, was shot before the shooter began shooting at the concert goers. Additionally, Campos was investigating a "door ajar" alarm when he was fired on. The door he was investigating was on a different room, not the shooter's. I can only conclude it must have been very near the shooter's. Stated they believe he shot at the fuel tanks. Doubled down on his conviction based on the mass of circumstantial evidence the shooter was at planning at least at the outset, to escape. He had protective equipment in the room (ballistic vest or similar? sheriff didn't characterize it). Confirmed an additional search of the Mesquite, NV home was being conducted after their interview with the shooter's live-in girlfriend.
    Was it mixed or still in separate components? I haven't heard
    Further commented the vehicle was in the hotel garage and that the Tannerite was not "prepared" for detonation and that there was no electronic device set up to accomplish that remotely.

Wondering where CBS got their information the document found was ballistics calculations.

Comment about fuel tanks:
    These are hardened against being punctured by small arms, and they are self-sealing in the event of a puncture. If not before 11 Sept 2001, certainly very soon thereafter. They have long been random targets for drive-by shootings by bored idiots. One only need drive on enough rural county roads to see road signs with one or more bullet holes, or peppered by a shotgun shot shell. I would have been extremely surprised had the tank sprung a leak.

John

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    If the shooter had any forethought about puncturing the fuel tanks, I would have expected his "arsenal" to include at least one larger caliber rifle.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Depends on the round.
    Yeah it is large but punch required.
    ^^^^^ This ^^^^^
    I would expect, at that distance, a heavy FMJ spitzer minimum. Armor piercing would undoubtedly do it. The tanks are self-sealing, so even if it did penetrate, it wouldn't leak.

ETA
    I've been told they have a double shell.

John

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ^^^^^ This ^^^^^
    I would expect, at that distance, a heavy FMJ spitzer minimum. Armor piercing would undoubtedly do it. The tanks are self-sealing, so even if it did penetrate, it wouldn't leak.

ETA
    I've been told they have a double shell.

John

As to punch......Was shooting at a friends place maybe 50+ yrds at his brand "NEW" 500 steel plates. I ran some 5.56 through one of my AR's and them ran the AR-10. We found some serious pock marks in the new steel. Terns out the 5.56 was putting divots in the steel. The 308 was leaving marks but not removing metal.
    We got on the horn to bobcat and he said 5.56 will do that at 50+. Little rounds had a lot of steam.
    I doubt they would penetrate those tanks at that range.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    As to punch......Was shooting at a friends place maybe 50+ yrds at his brand "NEW" 500 steel plates. I ran some 5.56 through one of my AR's and them ran the AR-10. We found some serious pock marks in the new steel. Terns out the 5.56 was putting divots in the steel. The 308 was leaving marks but not removing metal.
    We got on the horn to bobcat and he said 5.56 will do that at 50+. Little rounds had a lot of steam.

The rounds would loose well over 1/2 their velocity at 600-700 yds...
    yea, 50 is too close for rifle on steel...

-rvb

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    With AR 500, velocity is the issue rather than energy. 3/8 AR 500 will stop fmj 50 BMG, but not 220 swift. I have no idea what the tanks are made of, but I really doubt it is AR 500 as its claim to fame is as a wear resistant steel.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

At 2000 feet my thinking was needing something bigger and heavier for reasons similar to hunters using brush guns for hunting in thickets. The latter is among the reasons why soldiers and marines wanted their M-14's back after they were handed M-16's in the Jungle Paradise. It's also based on what I saw regarding penetration of cover and concealment by 5.56 vs 7.62 NATO at distances beyond 100m in the US Army. The 5.56 was useful to ~300m but could be used farther if necessary. The 7.62 NATO was useful to ~500m, to be used farther if necessary. I'd want at least a .30-06 FMJ spitzer for the tanks at that distance. I think more in terms of projectile momentum than energy. What you mentioned at 50 meters is why Hickock45 only shoots at distant steel with his rifles.

John

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    That being the case, why did it take so long to get to him?

They have said he fired 200 rounds through the door, was anyone else on the floor or above or below & what did they think the shots were?
    They said the guard told the hotel that he was shot, but they didn't tell the police. Did anyone else call 911 and skip calling the hotel?

Top Bottom