• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I've checked the roads to and around the Riley Conservation Club and there should be no travel issues. Until you get to the club. The lot is still pretty icy, so please use great caution. Looking forward to training with you all. Granger is primed. Rhino should be on his way (we told him it was today so he wouldn't be late) Coach is ready, Tom is ready...

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I've checked the roads to and around the Riley Conservation Club and there should be no travel issues. Until you get to the club. The lot is still pretty icy, so please use great caution. Looking forward to training with you all. Granger is primed. Rhino should be on his way (we told him it was today so he wouldn't be late) Coach is ready, Tom is ready...

Excellent idea!

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Less than a week away!

:dunno:

Had a great time today with both courses. This FOF was a little more physical that the one last year. It was an eye opener as usual. Other than falling over the chair rack, it was excellent day. I was a little concerned when coach bent me over the "counter" in the convenience store style robbery...:D.

The 1" of snow that was predicted turned into about 6" of actual. Several falls outside setting up. But for the most part, we all survived. Granger, I'm sure, will have a headache tomorrow.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I know, I know. I couldn't make it because of the snow. I was snowed in. And the foods were horrible. I had to turn around on my way there.

I'm really sorry I missed this. Rhino called me to inform me of the multiple failings on ice.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks to everyone who took part today. Sorry lovemachine could not make it. I had an air soft gun with his name on it. :)

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    You have several airsoft bb's with all of our names on it.

Like I said, if the school teaching thing fails...you have a great knack for becoming a career criminal....just saying...:D

It is good to have something to fall back on.:D

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I had a great time and thanks to Tom we have some video of FAT guys getting shot:):. It is a new camera so it will take me awhile to figure out how to get it posted.
    The class was more than I expected and the fact that it is more about decision making than shooting was an eye opener.
    Things happen fast and when there is no warning they happen faster
    I have a muzzle contact Heart wound to prove it.
    The situational awareness definitely went up a notch or two.

Thanks for a good class guys

For the record I HATE ice storms and 2 inches of snow that turn into 6

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    It is good to have something to fall back on.:D

calling the portly convenience store teller "tubby" broke everyone's OODA loop for a second or two.

All in all, it was a great educational experience and a lot of fun at the same time.

Disaster Preparedness was very informative and it was nice to learn a few tricks as well. I will be reorganizing my bags and gears in the near future.

Thanks again ACT for an extremely educational day.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I will have to say, it was really fun to shoot Coach and rhino. Although, not quite as much fun as it seemed to them to shoot each other.

For the record, I have not yet had the pleasure of discharging an airsoft replica and feeling the glorious thrill of victory of the pellet impacting upon Coach.

Also for the record, Coach has shot me with airsoft many times, on several occasions. Granted, I have submitted a few times for "testing," but he still enjoys it way, way too much.

I understand and recognize the desire to shoot me. Heck, I'd shoot me if I were you guys.

calling the portly convenience store teller "tubby" broke everyone's OODA loop for a second or two.

My OODA loop is toast after that. It was actually a brilliant tactic, although I suspect other motives. Anything you can say to someone to get them to think about what you said will give you a significant advantage. One of the classics is to ask a simple question, such as, "What do you want?" Most people will process the question and be occupied by it for at least a few tenths of a second, maybe more. In my case, all you need is a shiny object to distract me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I screamed like a little girl. I'm not sure if it was because of the airsoft hit or because Coach called me "tubby."

Note how I did absolutely nothing else but "die" in the scenario. Impressive!

When it was happening, it seemed to happen a lot faster than it did when I watched the video.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    I screamed like a little girl. I'm not sure if it was because of the airsoft hit or because Coach called me "tubby."

Note how I did absolutely nothing else but "die" in the scenario. Impressive!

When it was happening, it seemed to happen a lot faster than it did when I watched the video.

I felt a little guilty giggling...being a tubby guy, laughing at a tubby guy getting shot by another tubby guy...:D...TGU....Tubby Guys Unite!

Top Bottom