According to this article, 3 of the 10 worst small US towns are in Indiana..Wow!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Lousy research, and old at that. Guys are saying Elkhart unemployment is 4% and we have guys leaving our factory for better jobs there…LOL. And 3 IN towns but not one from CA……give me a break. Guy who wrote this is a idiot.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Lousy research, and old at that. Guys are saying Elkhart unemployment is 4% and we have guys leaving our factory for better jobs there…LOL. And 3 IN towns but not one from CA……give me a break. Guy who wrote this is a idiot.

The guy is not only an Idiot but probably works for the Hoboken, NJ Chamber Of Commerce.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Seconded on the total lack of the pits in CA and the conspicuous absence of Gary.
    Also, I damn sure hope Hoosierdoc can find time and feel so moved to drop in more often.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...the conspicuous absence of Gary...

With an estimated population of 77,909 in 2014, down almost 25% since 2000, in a couple of years, it could make the cut off.

As for Elkhart, it's sad, but it's kind of a hole. I grew up northwest of Elkhart in rural Cass County, MI and my Dad worked for Miles, a pharmaceutical and biotech company that was founded and headquartered in Elkhart. Bayer bought Miles and a few years after my Dad retired, Bayer moved everything out of Elkhart. Several other companies shut down or moved out since then. I used to drive through Elkhart every day from Edwardsburg to Elkhart Baptist on the south side of town and it wasn't bad in the '80s. There were jobs, stores, busineses of all kinds. Around the mid-'90s, it started to decline and the skid has continued with only occasional bright spots. It's sad to see what it's become.

Top Bottom