According to this article, 3 of the 10 worst small US towns are in Indiana..Wow!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    There is some truth to that list.

What sucks is there are several small towns that are dieinf out in Indiana as the economy simply isn't there and any jobs that are worth having are to far to drive.

I was doing some research and I believe it showed Atlanta IN has died 40% since 2010.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    The writers must come from an entirely different background than me. Being raised in a town of just under 7000 citizens, a place with 50,000 and up is NOT a small town.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Undisclosed Location
    A lot of these types of articles are basically hit pieces written by people living on the east or west coast. Indiana, generally known as flyover country, is a familiar punching bag to those types. Remember the HBO show Thunder Cars?. It put Anderson in the worst possible spotlight. PBS had a program, I forget the name, about a GM plant closing in Anderson and it was not very complimentary to the residents or to the state. The original Teen Mom on MTV had 2 couples that were from Indiana and they were....something else. These are just a few examples.

Gary, East Chicago, and Hammond should be on that list too but they never will.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The writers must come from an entirely different background than me. Being raised in a town of just under 7000 citizens, a place with 50,000 and up is NOT a small town.

This!
    In my hometown the "big" city in our area (Dothan), only had 68,000.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Hey doc! I'm thrilled to see you back. Kinda makes things right with the world again.

Agreed!

Now, back to the regularly scheduled thread, it seems to me that not only is the doc right about it being clickbait garbage, but the criteria are highly subjective. For example, I would have no desire to move to Anderson, but I am amazed at the far worse septic pits which completely evade mention. Same deal with the aforementioned idea of what constitutes a 'small town'. When I think of a small town, it has upper limits of a four-digit population, two filling stations, two stores of any category, and you can count the city/town officials without running out of fingers.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Under 70,000 is a "small town"?

I'm thinking Waveland, Indiana, is a small town. These are definitely cities.

How about a 'worst clickbait' author/article with the provisio no one actually visits the site? And every click bills the writer .5 cents?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just a guess, but I would bet that is considered a positive trait with most click-bait authors.

Did you notice that this is post 666 for you?

No, I don't give it much concern, but do find amusement in people who get distressed by a number, so I had to point that out just for orneriness.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    WHOOPEEE>... Rob is the antichrist for the day!

I have to work at controlling the urge toward laughter when I am standing in a line and someone ahead of me has a total come up $6.66 and they reach for something off the adjacent candy rack in a panic. The way I see it, either your eternal life is secure or it isn't. If it is, you have no need to fear a number, and if it isn't, you are toast anyway, so the number is irrelevant either way.

That said, I am still not above having a little fun with it! :):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have to work at controlling the urge toward laughter when I am standing in a line and someone ahead of me has a total come up $6.66 and they reach for something off the adjacent candy rack in a panic. The way I see it, either your eternal life is secure or it isn't. If it is, you have no need to fear a number, and if it isn't, you are toast anyway, so the number is irrelevant either way.

That said, I am still not above having a little fun with it! :):
    I am secure in my faith, but you won't see me breaking out the ouija board.

Top Bottom