• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Training

I understand where you are coming from Marine1, IMO, a "reasonable" responsible person who wants to own and operate a firearm should seek instruction if they feel the need. There are a lot of books, video's out there that teach safety also. My point is, that most of the ND's I have seen come from folks who carry them everyday...and have had training, and have remedial trng on a regular basis....the answer to the conundrum is: Responsible, safe gun handling....every time you handle a firearm....and that rest's solely upon the operator, regardless of how many times they have been flogged with safety training.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    It has to be because a bunch of inexperienced, un-knowledgable people are now rushing the stands to buy up guns because of all of the ban talk. Carrying them around, trying to use them without any real knowledge, training, or any expertise at all. Shooting themselves, and making the rest of us responsible owners look bad.
    You're wrong. The shooting in Ohio was a dealer pulling the trigger. And the discharge in Lebanon a few weeks ago was after a dealer handed a customer a loaded gun. The moron here in Indy apparently had a LTCH, which he must have had for awhile given the current lag in getting them from the state. The one in NC was a seller with a loaded shotgun - not some new buyer.

I'd personally like to see these people charged and taken to jail. These aren't accidents - they're negligence. There's just no excuse.

Last edited:

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    This would also be easy for the government to use to restrict our rights.

Simplest is, own a gun? That's not safe. You can't pass the class.

Or as someone stated, make the classes take a long time to pass or wait for, and remote in location. The reason I didn't get my LTCH over christmas is that all the electronic fingerprinting sessions near me were booked. Waiting for more time off to hopefully get it done.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    Show me in the constitution where it says you can carry a concealed handgun on your person. Do it right now.

Is a handgun an "arm"?

Yes.

Does "bear" mean "carry"?

Yes, it does.

Does the Constitution specify a specific manner in which I must bear my arms?

No, it does not.

This is fun! Give me another softball over the middle of the plate. :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom