• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Because of the senseless shooting today in Binghamton, NY. ABC decries that senseless murders by gun have become an American Signature Event and calls for Immediate Congressional Action

Today's Mass Shooting In New York
    Latest Wakeup Call For Nation

Washington, DC - As the horrific gun violence continues in the United States, Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, issued the following statement on behalf of the organization and its New York Million Mom March Chapters:

“Today's mass shooting in Binghamton is just the latest wake-up call reminding us that we must do something to stop the gun violence in our country. In the past few weeks alone, in mass shootings, 10 were killed in Alabama, eight killed in a North Carolina nursing home, 10 killed in California, including four police officers, but the silence from many of our political leaders was deafening.

“About 30,000 people a year in this country die from gun violence, about 80 a day, 32 by homicide - the same number who died at Virginia Tech two years ago this month. In the space of four months, up to nine Americans died as a result of bacteria-laden peanut butter crackers, and the government quickly took action. Some of the top government officials in our country say we don't need to do anything different - that we should just 'enforce the laws on the books.' The laws on the books aren't getting the job done. Now is the time to take effective steps to prevent gun violence.

“Our hearts go out to the victims and their families.”
    # # #

As the nation's largest, non-partisan, grassroots organization leading the fight to prevent gun violence, the Brady Campaign, with its dedicated network of Million Mom March Chapters, works to enact and enforce sensible gun laws, regulations and public policies. The Brady Campaign is devoted to creating an America free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in our communities.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    They didn't waste any time on that did they? I suppose it was to be expected, but... Never mind I won't say anything that you all don't already know or have heard. We mourn for the victims and pray for the families.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I saw the report and it was very disappointing. What more can congress do? Is murder not illegal? Does New York not have some of the toughest gun laws in the country?

This was not covered but it appeared the police formed a first class perimeter, and then found out that the gunman had committed suicide. IF that is the case what has happened to the charging in and confronting the gun man?

How many legal gunowners would it have taked to end this carnage before 14 were dead?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I also liked the ABC National News report (sic) that the gunman had 2 Heavy Caliber Automatic Pistols, a High Powered Hunting Rifle and the dreaded large hunting knife. Such accurate reporting by a major national news organization :xmad:

I too do not want to make light of the situation and do send thoughts & prayers to the victims and their families

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    In the space of four months, up to nine Americans died as a result of bacteria-laden peanut butter crackers, and the government quickly took action. Some of the top government officials in our country say we don't need to do anything different - that we should just 'enforce the laws on the books.' The laws on the books aren't getting the job done. Now is the time to take effective steps to prevent gun violence.

Yeah, they nearly bankrupted the peanut industry.:wtf:
    I would say that is certainly over reacting, as is any legislation based on feelings.:twocents:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Hmm anyone remember the killings in Denmark where the person used a knife? Law aren't going to stop deranged people. All it will accomplish is to disarm the law aiding citizens.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Senseless attack.

I pray for the families of those lost by this horrible act. More laws will not prevent this type of tragedy. It troubles me more that the liberal media use a tragedy like this to further their agenda.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That's it, I have had it! It is about time we joined ABC newsless and demand that congress make murder illegal!

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    ABC NEWS IS RIGHT!!! We do need to do something about gun control. Perhaps if a civilian had been armed these senseless fatalities could have been avoided. We do need government intervention in firearms rights. That intervention should be the education of the citizenry of their 2nd amendment rights.

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Brady Campaign is devoted to creating an America free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in our communities.

Wow, who can argue with that goal? I too dream of an America free from gun violence, but my dream does not include disarming the citizens and obliterating the second amendment.

Do these people think at all?? I'm a big guy, at 6'1", 235lbs, work out a lot (not a body builder shape, but big), and can be a very intimidating figure. Two (or more) men my size or bigger breaking into my house in the middle of the night could easily dispense with me if needed with a) a knives b) baseball bats c) their bare hands or even d) demeaning insults (I'm the sensitive type). And I'm 34 and again I'm 6'1", 235, do sets of 225 on bench, yada yada.

But I'm not going to be 34 forever, I'm only going to get older, and more frail. What chance do the elderly have in protecting their homes and lives from intruders if there were no guns or threat of guns? They would have no hope and I get it it now.

My dream involves in arming everyone through education and firepower not fear and this silly fantasy that the police can magically appear in your home and save you. The police can only react to crime, not prevent it, and this tragic example today is a prime example of that.

People who want to rid America of the right to own guns OF any make or model work under flawed logic and make comparisons to countries that are resonably silly and laughable. How can you compare us to other countries that do NOT have free speech, share a border with a nation hell bent on invading your lands with their illegals.... geez, I'm spining off on a tangent.

Anyway, my grandma has a gun because she is smart, she knows she would have no chance against an intruder, and no amount of wishful thinking is going to save her in the event should need immediate protection.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Do you have a link where ABC has said this?

I normally do not watch ABC News but it was on the tube and I didn't change the channel but it was live tonight on the ABC World Evening News and a banter between the male reporter and the older blond female anchor (Diane Sawyer) - it was disgusting but typical anti gun rhetoric.

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    When President Hussein was elected, I told my wife that after he took office we'd be seeing a string of shootings, followed by calls for gun control. I posted that prediction in a few places, also.

The pattern is so predictable by now that I no longer believe they are all unconnected events.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's horrible what happened. But if more people carried, less people would have died. Simple math. One guy walks in pulls a gun, 15 people point back... Hmmm... Sounds simple to me. :rolleyes:

Joe, I don't think they're connected, but I do think that the media is using every opportunity to call for gun control now that they think they have a chance to get them passed. :twocents:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    When President Hussein was elected, I told my wife that after he took office we'd be seeing a string of shootings, followed by calls for gun control. I posted that prediction in a few places, also.

The pattern is so predictable by now that I no longer believe they are all unconnected events.

I am not so sure I can disagree with you...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Yup, I've been saying the same thing.

T J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Castleton
    I normally do not watch ABC News but it was on the tube and I didn't change the channel but it was live tonight on the ABC World Evening News and a banter between the male reporter and the older blond female anchor (Diane Sawyer) - it was disgusting but typical anti gun rhetoric.

I wish there was a news agency that had a respect for the responsibility of reporting news. Commentators should not be allowed on during a news broadcast. Keep the personal opinions, and what not, in shows designed for that specific purpose. I want my news to be facts, and facts only.

Top Bottom