• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I guess I will start off the AAR thread this time. Another great day! Warm, sunny, lots of food and of course lots of GUNS. Thanks Jedi for another well organized event.
    IMG_0162.JPG

Spamo and Scutter once again made the trip up to the Great North as well, bringing INGO gear!:rockwoot::rockwoot:
    IMG_0163.JPG

A few pictures of setup
    IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

Some shooters
    IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

PS- I found my missing mag. I left it on the table at home. :)

Last edited:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I'll bet you left early just so you could kick off the AAR. :D

Looks like it was a warm day. I was making last second plans to get out early and make a run out there but I ended up getting held over at work an extra hour instead.

Jimmy0315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Kokomo
    Great shoot as always. Big thanks to everyone I always enjoy myself. Only one problem thou, I forgot to get with TStar to remove this pink nail polish. Rubbing alcohol didn't work so I guess im heading out to the shop to get some brake clean.

Im looking forward to seeing everyone in july.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Another GREAT Event!!!!!!

Just started working with the pics, and had to post this cool one;

DII_4802Pw.jpg

Darkkevin shooting his FIL's automag(I think).
    :D

I'll post many more tomorrow. ;)

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Y2wxPs8Nw[/ame]

Lots more Videos of today on my Youtube page. I'll put them up as soon as they are done loading.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I liked this one better, there weren't sissies whining about the Mosin volume because they forgot they were at a shooting range. :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's After Action Report

--FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $184.85
    Expenses:
    $135.94 - Plywood x 15 sheets from Home Depot
    $37.40 - Metal Dustpans x 6 from Harbor Freight
    $7.49 - Brooms x 7 from Dollar Store
    Donations: $40 (2 donors)
    Post-Event Pot: $44.02

Thank you for all the donors over the course of this year. Without your contributions the plywood and other items we have given would NOT have been possible.
    ---

--DNR RO TALK--
    Mr. Kraft was in "wow" mode with all the plywood we gave him. He ran out of space in the office. :laugh: Granted I told him it would be 8 weeks before we return so the plywood he has should been enough until we get back (hopefully). He did mention that his boss is grateful for the donations of plywood we have done.

Mr. Kraft's friend (the guy that stays till the end and helps Mr. Kraft out) was happy that we finally were able to bring metal dust pans. He said those should last provided people don't walk out with them. :( We did leave them labels by who donated them but we will see if they don't walk.

Lastly Mr. Kraft did not take a Diet soda this time around as he said he had already one that day.
    ---

---THE RANGE---
    Looks good and clean like usual. A big thanks to SPASMO for the art & craft stencil for the plywood. Lonehoosier was able to use it and spray paint each sheet as we gave them to the RO so each sheet now say "ingunowner.com". Looks like the stencil held up. We have feedback to SPASMO and she was able to see first hand how they worked and how we can change them to make them better.
    ---

--FOOD UPDATE--
    We have

• 5 bags of unopened chips,
    • case of bottle water
    • salt & pepper,
    • BBQ sauce x 2

Thank you to everyone that donated food this month! We finally ran out of food for once! I came back with ZERO burgers or hot dogs. Ya must have been hungry cause I know everyone ate.

We are however out of the following:

• mustard
    • cheese
    • bread (hot dog & burgers)
    • desserts (:dunno: Ho-hos says they expire end of JUN :dunno:)
    • relish (we have 1/3 left only)

A special thank you to ShootinDave and lonehoosier for manning the grills.
    We have some killer deserts this time around.

ilovemyjeep's homemade apple pie in a large pan that seems everyone ate cause there was only a small piece left at the end.

SPASMO's rice crispy treats in PINK!

& I'm not sure who's wife/gf brought the watermelon but it was a hit as well but a bit too much. We only end up eating half. Still I suspect the heat made this a big treat.

Liquid wise we were OK. I came back with 1/2 a gallon of water left out of the 5 gallon cooler. Looks like we went thru about 2 cases of pop. That RC was yummy! Repeater end up taking home 2 unopened cases of pop (coke and mountain dew).

--NEW GUEST--
    We had both new INGO members **AND** some of the general public (a family 2 daughters mom & dad + ??brother??) at the event.
    ---

--SPECIAL EVENTS--
    This month we only did the pistol competition. Goober135 was MIA. :dunno:

Pistol Results
    1st place was lowendgenerator (Won an INGO cap)
    2nd place was t_star (Won an INGO patch)
    3rd place was :dunno:
    I'm sorry but I can't recall who it was and also I did not give you the "new" INGO keychains that SPASMO gave me for the gifts. :facepalm: on my part. Please speak up who you are and remind me to give you a keychain next month. It's a bottlecap that say INGO!

The Boo-Boo Award goes to Russel with a score of -50! He hit Hello Kitty way too many times. :facepalm:

--MY DAY--
    Got to the range at around 8AM to got some alone shooting time!

Was able to shoot my 1911 with my reloads and it was great! I was getting some good groupings on the target I had. Only think I did notice is after I was done I have powder particles on my forearm. Guess Win 231 powder is dirty like that? :dunno:

I was also able to do some appleseed targets during the day and as is typical my results are all over the place. But I do know why.

Using my 10/22 with no sling
    Attempt 1 - 188 Sharpshooter
    Attempt 2 - 202 Sharpshooter
    Attempt 3 - 214 Expert :rockwoot:
    Attempt 4 - 156 Marksman
    Attempt 5 - 176 Sharpshooter
    Attempt 6 - 80 Unqualified
    My 1st time using a FAL in .308 Winchester
    Attempt 7 - 190 Sharpshooter
    Attempt 8 - 108 Unqualified
    Using a Mosin Carbine (thanks TV1217)

So what I noticed is if I focus on my breathing I can indeed with no sling get an expert score! However it's not via the "breathing technique" that is taught in Appleseed which is to shoot once you exhale & before you breath again. I tried that Attempt 1 and 2.

Instead I used the method used in "Medal of Honor Airborne" video game. Yes I know it's a video game but hear me out. :D In the game to take a "sniper shoot" you hold the space bar to "hold your breath" and thus stable yourself so the scope if not moving with your breathing. Well if I breath in and hold my breath and shoot I can get an Expert score.

Off course then comes the all over the place as you can see in attempts 4 and 5. :rolleyes:

Finally got to spend some quality time on some big caliber guns. Thank you gunbunnies for bring the FAL. Now I think I might have to learn to reload in .308. :D

WINAMAC also a big thanks for letting me shot your M1A :dunno: It was a blast and the recoil was light. I expect it to have a lot more recoil.

Tv1217 I love that mosin carbine. Still can't hit anything with it but the recoil and fireball is way cool. :n00b:

--The Good, The Bad, & the Ugly--
    Good
    Looks like everyone had a blast and enjoyed themselves. We have some kids this time around and they were going at it just like the adults. :ar15::rockwoot:

Bad
    None that I can think of this time around.

--MISSING--
    Did anyone see/take a magazine for an M&P 22 in error? KLB could not find it at the end.

--FINAL THOUGHTS--
    Great event all! Good times all around. It was a special treat to get the INGO swag shop again and have our "southern cousins" come up and visit us. It's a lllooonnnggg time till the next one but I suspect it will be big due to the bday theme. :D We had 34 members + guest this time around along with a new family (of 5) as well.

-Jedi

ps.
    I'm sure tomorrow I will remember something else to add to the list. But for now I'm done.

ps2.
    BAD BAD BLACK LABEL
    Near the end we were talking about how to raise some money for the RO xmas gift and he tells me "Here hold this" and gives me a magazine while he is taking apart from gun. IT WAS A GLOCK :puke: MAGAZINE! Do you know how much bleach I had to place on my hand when I got home. Heck I had to take 2 showers to try to get that GLOCK :puke: feel off of me. :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't recall who asked me what tumbler I have.
    This is what I bought
    41jTU7Yq4-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Frankford-Arsenal-Master-Tumbler-Kit/dp/B000TTILBC/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1339299519&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=franklien+arsenal+thumbler[/ame]

The kit came with everything I needed and I'm happy with it. I've cleaned about 600 .45s with no issues.

Read the reviews on it as there are some MINUS but the PLUS way outweight those.
    For the little reloading I do about 100 per month I'm good with it. It's not a heavy duty thumbler but does server my needs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom