• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Lol she wanted to shoot my new Kimber too but that didn't happen with the whole "me not being there" thing

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    I had a great time. I got a lot of shooting in today.
    The M&P 9 ran flawlessly, as expected like always :rockwoot:
    I didn't like the mosquitoes from hell :faint:
    I definitely appreciated the mosquito spray, so thanks for that T-star and Darkkevin :laugh:

@actaeon277
    Thanks for the ride! I appreciate it.
    Had a great time talking with you and your dad
    Thanks for letting me shoot the keltec. That is one sweet little carbine:rockwoot:
    It was cool hanging out with your family in the morning for a bit as well.

@repeter1977
    That Sig was really nice! Thanks again!
    I completely forgot to try out the M1 :faint:

@T-star
    Your Guac > my guac
    :laugh:
    I can't believe you don't like avocados! :faint:
    Glad I could show you a way to swear at Jedi in Spanish :rofl:

@Jedi
    M&P > Glock
    Make the right choice! :p

@Mitchell0481
    That saiga is SICK! I need to get me one of those!:rockwoot:
    Thanks again for letting me try it out.

@geronimoejoe85
    That M&P .40 was pretty awesome!
    I need to find a back strap like the one you have.

@Hoosierbuddy
    Once again, I appreciate the ammo.
    We got A LOT of shooting in today :rockwoot:
    Nice to see your sons and wife made it out as well!
    That AR you had was making me impatient in getting mine :laugh:

@JayBone
    It was nice meeting the rest of your family.
    Glad your wife and son had a good time!
    Your son was already asking me how and when he could get his license to carry.
    When he gets older, you are gonna have to watch out for him, or he will want to use up all your ammo! :laugh:
    I was really impressed with how quickly he caught on to using the M&P 9, by the very end, he was barely even flinching anymore, and was actually keeping good control of the pistol.

@baddyna96
    It was nice to finally meet you today!
    Glad you could make it out!
    That AR is really nice :drool:

@TheUziButton
    That UZI was super cool to shoot, thanks for letting me try that out!
    I can't wait til I get my first suppressor.

@mosquitoes
    I HATE YOU! :laugh: :faint:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Does everyone else hurt as much as I do? Getting old sucks.

silver apparantly needs SPF 1000. She is quite red.

repeter apparantly has too many weapons. Left one behind, didn't even notice.

Dark Kev and T_Star, many thanks for mosquito repellant. I need to throw some in my range bag apparantly.

One of these days, I swear I'm gonna take everyone's pic, and put a name to it. Cause my memory sucks.

Glad to see lovemyjeep there.

Raitekk, I thought you had an M&P? or do you have the 9?
    Next time, I'm gonna have to try that LaRue AR.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    --FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $30
    Expenses: $80 (plywood)
    Donations: $50
    Post-Event Pot: $0.00

--FOOD UPDATE--
    Thank you to all that brought food this time around.
    This is what our inventory looks like JULY

5 bottles of water
    7 bags of chips (not opened)
    1 jar of salsa (not opened)
    2 ketchups (not opened)
    3 mustards (not opened)
    1 relish (not opened)
    2 boxes of hot coco coco mix, 20 servings (not opened)
    3 packs of bacon

What we are low on is cups & napkins at this point.

---THE RANGE---
    Looking nice as usual. I warned ya about the bugs in each of my post on what to bring but some of you have to learn the hard way I see. :D
    So what are you going to bring next time? :dunno::D
    !!!BUG SPRAY BUG SPRAY BUG SPRAY!!!

--NEW GUEST--
    We had several new guest and their families who had a blast! Glad ya liked it.

--SPECIAL EVENTS--
    We held 1 competition: the rifle shoot.

1st place was Mitchell0481
    The Boo-Boo Award goes to DarkKevin
    (Won a little PURPLE coffee can and the boo-boo award)
    The competition was to shoot 10 rounds at the target. DarkKevin somehow managed to shoot 13 times even though he claims he only loaded 10 rounds. :rolleyes: rednecks can't count!

--DNR WINAMAC TALK--
    Had a nice talk with DNR regarding the youth event and that info will be posted this coming week in that event thread. We have a lot of work to do. Short summary the 25 will have steel spinning targets, 50 will have .22 and .223/7.62, 200 yard will have archery and 100 will have trap.

FYI volunteers we need to be there at 7AM EST!!!! So wake you at midnight. :laugh:

--MY DAY--
    Special thanks to WD for the work he did on my 10/22 and adding the sling and redoing the sites. The sling helps a ton for the appleseed targets. He got it zeroed in real good that I did not have to adjust it.

My appleseed target scoring was as follows:

Test 1 - 146 (Marksman) Lv2
    Test 2 - 154 (Marksman) Lv2
    Test 3 - 204 (Sharpshooter) Lv3 :rockwoot:
    Test 4 - 164 (Marksman) Lv2
    Test 5 - 190 (Sharpshooter) Lv3 :rockwoot:

So I think I got this rifle good 2 go. I just need to focus on my breathing when I shoot and I can indeed get to Lv3 with it.

As for the .30 carbine. :xmad: x 10,000!
    I'm about ready to throw it away. :D

As ya may recall the it was shooting high and the backsight is/was adjustable from 100 - 300 yards. Well I superglued the sights to 100 to keep them from moving but alas it has not really helped.

The gun still shoots f*** high even at the lowest setting. WD also tried it and he got the same results with it. On the 25 yard (which the gun is not designed for) the gun will shoot high end of story. WD said if I want to continue to shoot at the 25 yard with the gun I have to aim much lower which is pointless with the appleseed targets.

Here are the results of the appleseed targets.
    Using reloaded ammo @ 14gr of WIN 297 with 110gr Berry plated bullets

Test 1 - 82 Unqualified :(
    Test 2 - 84 Unqualified :(
    Test 3 - 82 Unqualified :(
    Test 4 - 120 Unqualified :(
    Test 5 - 96 Unqualified :(

This is due to stage 3 and stage 4 having 2 or less hits as the gun is just shooting to high!

So next time I'll try on the 100 yard shooting a modified version of the Appleseed targets and see if it 'hits' right.

For now I'm just frustrated with the gun since I know I can hit the big targets with the sling (does make a difference) but as the targets get smaller the effect of shooting high is noticeable. :xmad:

And I'm not too happy with the superglue trick I did to the weapon either. I'm actually thinking of removing it and just dealing with the sight moving back after each shoot or just putting the leaflet sight back one. Not sure right now just really annoyed with the platform right now. It was not a fun rifle to shoot this time around especially when reloading for it takes so long.

Hate to say it but the 10/22 was so much more fun to shoot since I was getting good results with it.

---Final Comments---
    Special thanks to Larry who brought the plywood.

Thanks to all that brought food (the cookies were :drool:).

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff but I'm tired right now. Still have to clean a rifle, and my body now aches from canoeing on SAT and then range all day today.

Silver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012

Dark Kev and T_Star, many thanks for mosquito repellant. I need to throw some in my range bag apparantly.

One of these days, I swear I'm gonna take everyone's pic, and put a name to it. Cause my memory sucks.

Red is mild to what I am right now... and I stayed mostly on the 50 out of the sun. And here people thought I was joking when I said I get burned just walking into the lighting section at Menards!

Was a great day though, especially loved shooting the .44 Magnum for the first time! Also have to go pay SadClown a visit about a Larue ;) I am sure T-Star agrees

JayBone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Lake County
    actaeon- got your message, thanks!
    raitekk- no problem buddy, anytime. I appreciate you spending some time with my son, he'll be talking about it for some time.

See everyone again soon.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Red is mild to what I am right now... and I stayed mostly on the 50 out of the sun. And here people thought I was joking when I said I get burned just walking into the lighting section at Menards!

Was a great day though, especially loved shooting the .44 Magnum for the first time! Also have to go pay SadClown a visit about a Larue ;) I am sure T-Star agrees
    You shot both very well! You didn't flinch at all shooting the .44. After a couple of rounds, a lot of people have the tendency to do so.

Silver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    T-Star

20130519_140331_zps15a67106.jpg

Repeter

20130519_134440-1_zps9c801f9a.jpg

Silver

20130519_131836-1_zps67d37815.jpg

Adam (Repeter and Acteon's brother; Silver's brother-in-law)
    20130519_131750_zps058d0172.jpg

Silver

20130519_131617-1_zps7ad0b808.jpg

Guy's who name I have forgotten already (baddyna96, i believe), but thank you so much for everything today!! Plus your wife was great to talk to!!!

20130519_131439_zps5d1508d1.jpg

Silver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    You shot both very well! You didn't flinch at all shooting the .44. After a couple of rounds, a lot of people have the tendency to do so.

Thank you! Still getting used to most of these being legal here in Indiana; need to get out of that New Jersey mindset!!!

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Well, I didn't take any pictures, but I did get some shooting in.
    My overall impressions of my new M&P CORE are mixed. I do like the gun but the red dot is more of a novelty to me then a serious tool, at least right now. Especially since should the optic malfunction I would be left only able to see a small portion of the front sight. When properly aligned I can only see from the middle of the white dot on the front sight and up. Keep in mind this is just with the burris fastfire 3, other optics "co-witness" better. I think I'll be putting the red dot on the shelf for a spell until I am actually ready to get 100% serious about open class. I wanted an M&P pro series and I got an M&P pro series with a few extras. As far as reliability the only hiccup was when Ratatat shot it, so I think it's operator headspace and timing as I couldn't replicate the malfunction.

In other news I got to monkey around with the sig ACP kit for Mitchell0481's Glock. I was surprised that it was actually usable. I've messed around with using a sling on a handgun before but this one actually worked fairly well. Not as good as it would be with a stock, but better than just sticking it into the "range toy" category.

And speaking of range toys I got to shoot the Zip gun that takes the 10/22 mags. It felt pretty goofy. It felt huge and I have large hands, I don't know how anybody with smaller hands would have done.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    It was very nice meeting everyone for the first time today....a great group of people! We had a blast! It's nice to be able to put a face to a name! Can't wait until the next shoot! :): :ingo:

It was great meeting you and the wife as well. I had her talked into a Daniel Defense for the new AR, but now Im thinking she wants a LaRue (Both are great rifles though)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I had a great time. I got a lot of shooting in today.
    The M&P 9 ran flawlessly, as expected like always :rockwoot:
    I didn't like the mosquitoes from hell :faint:
    I definitely appreciated the mosquito spray, so thanks for that T-star and Darkkevin :laugh:

@actaeon277
    Thanks for the ride! I appreciate it.
    Had a great time talking with you and your dad
    Thanks for letting me shoot the keltec. That is one sweet little carbine:rockwoot:

@repeter1977
    That Sig was really nice! Thanks again!
    I completely forgot to try out the M1 :faint:

@T-star
    Your Guac > my guac
    :laugh:
    I can't believe you don't like avocados! :faint:
    Glad I could show you a way to swear at Jedi in Spanish :rofl:

@Jedi
    M&P > Glock
    Make the right choice! :p

@Mitchell0481
    That saiga is SICK! I need to get me one of those!:rockwoot:
    Thanks again for letting me try it out.

@geronimoejoe85
    That M&P .40 was pretty awesome!
    I need to find a back strap like the one you have.

@Hoosierbuddy
    We got A LOT of shooting in today :rockwoot:
    Nice to see your sons and wife made it out as well!
    That AR you had was making me impatient in getting mine :laugh:

@JayBone
    It was nice meeting the rest of your family.
    Glad your wife and son had a good time!
    Your son was already asking me how and when he could get his license to carry.
    When he gets older, you are gonna have to watch out for him, or he will want to use up all your ammo! :laugh:
    I was really impressed with how quickly he caught on to using the M&P 9, by the very end, he was barely even flinching anymore, and was actually keeping good control of the pistol.

@baddyna96
    It was nice to finally meet you today!
    Glad you could make it out!
    That AR is really nice :drool:

@TheUziButton
    That UZI was super cool to shoot, thanks for letting me try that out!
    I can't wait til I get my first suppressor.

@mosquitoes
    I HATE YOU! :laugh: :faint:

Glad that you enjoyed the Sig. Next time we will have a little more time for shooting both the Sigs, as well as the M1 Garand if you would like. Glad you enjoyed the ride there. We always have room if you want to carpool next time. (Granted, next time being the youth one, its going to be WAY too early)

Its cause I had gotten so used to bringing the same ones out, and had forgotten that I lent it to Jedi to test fire. Oh well, next time I will be sure to staple a note to my bags to remind me.

Thanks for taking the time to help out and let the wife get a couple rounds in. Happily she is looking at another AR now as well, so maybe we can get hers. I know she had been looking for one more like that, then the one Bushmaster that I have.

As for my AAR,
    Morning started early, had the plywood already packed, got the Racks packed and loaded earlier this morning. Drive down was pretty good. Set up was pretty good, mosquitoes were not bad right away (Guess they were luring us in to a false sense of security) and then they attacked. Shooting went great as always. Was able to shoot some of my own as well this time, and thanks to all those who let me shoot theirs as well.
    Uzi Button, was good seeing you again at this meet and shoot.
    Ilovejeeps Was great seeing you again, thanks very much for the talk and the pie. Was nice that you were able to meet my wife this time as well. Hope to see you at more meet and shoots that we have coming up this year.
    Everyone else that I had met for the first time, too many to mention, and maybe even another one or two that I had told about this forum while we were at the range, thanks for coming out. Its always great meeting more interested shooters. Thanks everyone for making the event as good as it was.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Haha....Colleen keeps trying to claim mine as her own!

As I tell everyone, I would rather her claim it as her own (as she has done with my Mosquito AND Bushmaster) then not like them at all and want me to get rid of them. Hopefully next meet and shoot we are both at, have a little more time to chat with you, I will be at the youth meet and shoot, but will not be there long, as I have another commitment that is a lot more important.

Top Bottom