• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Well I had a day off and some friends and I decided to go shooting. I choose to try out Eagle Creek Pistol Range off 56th Street and High School Road. The extremely reasonable prices, Free targets really stood out.

The weapons we decided to take included an XDm 3.8 in .40, XDm 4.5 in 9mm, Keltec PF9, and a Ruger 10/22.

Upon arrival the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, Range price was amazing. Facilities were way beyond what I expected. I figured IMPD bad probably destroyed the place.

Upon setting up everything we proceeded to an easy to understand, comfortable, informative and educational safety briefing. It was an informal feeling formal safety briefing in a small group setting, Even being an experienced shooter I found the briefing to be worth my while.

It was not a "Guns are dangerous mkay, dont point them at people mkay" kind of talk. The instructor went into details as to why things were the way they were.

After we set up the range instructors let us move a steel chicken target and even painted it white for us.

The XDm 3.8 ate some buffalo bore +P 40 caliber

Overall a Great experience. the 3.8 only had a problem twice with light primer strikes, the PF9 and XDm 4.5 worked flawlessly and the 10/22 Killed the white chicken hundreds of times.

So Overall our weapons were in great shape and fired reliably, the Staff was amazing and the range was just what I have been looking for in a range.

My Hats off to the Staff of Eagle Creek Pistol Range and Tactical Firearms Training.

Last edited:

treken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    5 Stars and 2 Thumbs way up

This range is perfect for what I have been looking for. I bought a 10 visit pass after my first visit and get excited to go back whenever I can. I really like the atmosphere, the people and staff, and it's not too far from my house.

A staff member let my friend shoot his .357 and that made his day!

We also met fellow INGOr "Old Coach" today at the range, who was shooting in the lane next to us. We talked a lot and he even let me shoot his Ruger MKIII. I have been looking for a .22 and it felt great. Definitely need to get a .22 for the trip back next Sunday :D

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I like the joint as well. We go way back to the Spring of 2012. I've got one visit left on my 10 visit pass. Staff is informed, helpful, and friendly. I'm torn between buying another pass or joining MCF&G. I'm a bike ride away from either. I've taken the intro class at MCF&G months ago.

Last edited:

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Saint,

Glad you had a good time. Hearing that customers had a good time at the range makes what we do worth it.

treken,

That was my 357mag your buddy shot on Sunday. Glad that it made his day. For never shooting a revolver before he did very well with it.

-James

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Saint,

Glad you had a good time. Hearing that customers had a good time at the range makes what we do worth it.

treken,

That was my 357mag your buddy shot on Sunday. Glad that it made his day. For never shooting a revolver before he did very well with it.

-James

I will most certainly be back and bringing more people with me. I had a blast. Had so much fun I let guy throw a few down range in my 3.8

treken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    treken

-James
    James,

Thanks for that. It truly did make his day haha. Hopefully, we'll be back again this sunday.

Gibster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Boone County
    Have driven past on the interstate lots of times. Will make it a point to tryout the range soon. Thanks for the summary of a good experience.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Looks like a definite for Sunday. Ill be out there throwing rounds down range and if the RSO will let me laser sighting in the M1A.

If anyone wants to try out an xdm 3.8 40 or an EAA 9mm come on out. A fun time will be had by all.

BYOA.

gklatv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Great place to shoot at a very reasonable price.
    Open on weekends only for public, though.

Top Bottom