• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sorry to hear this Alan. I'm honestly surprised that you did not get hit at a 1500 before now. I could see going without ever having an issue from an INGO member, but my faith in attendees of the 1500 is much less than yours must have been.

It makes me sick to my stomach that someone would do this, and it isn't even me who is out the $.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Perhaps you could still take checks from INGO members.... Or at least take checks under the demise of the check clears before you ship any product.

For the people Ive always taken checks from nothing will change. If I haven't shaken your hand, or dealt with you before its unlikley, but Ill deal with it on a case by case basis. I'm still just a touch steamed so Im probably overreacting.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I wait until the check clears before shipping. In person, I don't see how you could fix this potential problem in a way that still leaves you accepting checks. I only take certified or cashier's checks, I refuse to accept personal checks.

Sorry that you're out because of one scumbag. It also sucks that you'd only recover forty bucks from insurance and still see a rate hike. It doesn't sound as though that would be too productive either.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Just a Update, after trying the number 3 or 4 times yesterday morning and always getting the recording "this phone does not accept calls". Mae tried it one more time last night around 8pm, and the guy answered. It sounds like mabye this was a honest mistake. The guy said he will make it right when he gets back in town in 1 week, and was as apologetic as one man can be.

I had talked to the Indianapolis prosecutor's secretary. I left a message and the actual prosecutor was going to call me today. So at least I can tell the prosecutor we are going to hold of for a week, and I can continue to believe (possibly a dream world) that 99.9% of the gun community are the most honest folks you will ever meet. Then I get a phone call again at 11:45 PM about this thread. I hadn't updated it since Mae talked to the man.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    sounds like he's not too bad of a guy.. holding ones breath can make you pass out though. best wishes.. and imma need a scope fore too long.. coyote season approaches.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    sounds like he's not too bad of a guy.. holding ones breath can make you pass out though. best wishes.. and imma need a scope fore too long.. coyote season approaches.

Like I said I'm not upset if its a honest mistake (at this point that's how it sounds) When I started calling numbers and got recordings saying "this phone is no longer accepting calls" obviously I thought I was getting scamed.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Allen, as someone that has done business with you, and have seen your "customer service" I hate to see you getting taken. Hopefully it works out. - As a owner of a small business, I hope it is quickly resolved and if not the thief is properly dealt with, and get all the punishment allowed.

I myself have the same approach to service that you provide. And when this type of thing happens, it just eats on you, that much more. - You go above and beyond to bend over backwards, and the @#%^* want to bend you over the other way.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The replacement money order should be here tomorrow, so we will see. The more I talk to the guy the more I feel its a honest mistake.

Hope it shows up today. I've never purchased anything from you personally since I dont own any guns that I could mount a scope on. But everytime I go to the 1500 or small shows you attend you always go out of your way to acknowledge me and talk to me. Let me coonfinger your product. For sure one of the nicest vendors at the shows.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Alan is the epitome of good people. I truly hope that this gets taken care of and it was an honest mistake and that the money order won't be scam 2.0

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Every now and then, "good things do happen to good folks". But usually it's the "good deeds" that seem to get the punishment.

Hopefully a good money order arrived in the mail today. An honest mistake that is taken care of is the mark of a good man.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    No idea how I missed this thread. Hope the money is in your hands in the morning. You've treated me awesome, and I haven't bought a damn thing from you yet :)

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    The vet clinic I work for has had good luck with the prosecutor's office. The fun thing about bad checks is the person who writes them gets a free trip to jail. Usually they have to pay the check and fees in order to bond out. Then you'll get your money in about 30 days or so.

Top Bottom