A what? A 12 shot single action revolver?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hey Joe, say it isn't so.
    Last night on CSI, Las Vagas (04-08-10), there was this guy that shot or shot at several people and Katherine (I believe) finds the gun and says it's a 12 shot 22 cal. single action revolver, (a cowboy gun, my words).
    Well anyway, I went down to my favorite (one and only) gun shop (Beech Grove Firearms) and asked the guys there whom are very knowledgeable about these things if they knew what kind of gun this was and one of them mentioned that he had seen the same thing and couldn't think of any 12 shot .22 cal single action revolver.
    Was this a mistake on CSI's part or have I just not come across a 12 shot single action revolver yet?
    I haven't found one in my book yet. :dunno:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Looks like a $900+ list price at their website (The New Model 12/22™)

US Fire Arms Introduces 12-shot New Model 12/22 Revolver | CAS City

US Fire Arms Introduces 12-shot New Model 12/22 Revolver

1011254.jpg
    USFA President and CEO, Douglas Donnelly, Introduced the worlds first 12 Shot .22 L.R. Revolver.
    “We are very proud to introduce the New Model 12/22TM a new and innovative design for a full size 12 shot .22 cal. Revolver. We have shot many thousands of rounds through the new 12/22 and it performs….an accurate, durable, robust new design that has never been done before. We even beat all .22 Auto-loading pistols in magazine capacity – a meaningfull increase of 20%.”
    This gun has a new lockwork to accommodate the 12 shot cylinder. This innovative design is accomplished by unique changes to the internals and a new ratchet design. It works very fast actually going through all proper benchmark stages in half the normal timimg yet continues the full hammer travel and look we have grown accustom to.
    Model 12/22TM Features
    * All Steel construction
    * Traditional Full size
    * Traditional Full Cocking Action
    * 12 Shot .22 Will Accept all .22’s
    * Loads 2 rounds at a time

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

1011254.jpg
    USFA President and CEO, Douglas Donnelly, Introduced the worlds first 12 Shot .22 L.R. Revolver.
    “We are very proud to introduce the New Model 12/22TM a new and innovative design for a full size 12 shot .22 cal. Revolver. We have shot many thousands of rounds through the new 12/22 and it performs….an accurate, durable, robust new design that has never been done before. We even beat all .22 Auto-loading pistols in magazine capacity – a meaningfull increase of 20%.”
    This gun has a new lockwork to accommodate the 12 shot cylinder. This innovative design is accomplished by unique changes to the internals and a new ratchet design. It works very fast actually going through all proper benchmark stages in half the normal timimg yet continues the full hammer travel and look we have grown accustom to.
    Model 12/22TM Features
    * All Steel construction
    * Traditional Full size

Nice find!! someone's search Fu is very good!! thanks for sharing!! :D

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Hey Joe, say it isn't so.
    Last night on CSI, Las Vagas (04-08-10), there was this guy that shot or shot at several people and Katherine (I believe) finds the gun and says it's a 12 shot 22 cal. single action revolver, (a cowboy gun, my words).
    Well anyway, I went down to my favorite (one and only) gun shop (Beech Grove Firearms) and asked the guys there whom are very knowledgeable about these things if they knew what kind of gun this was and one of them mentioned that he had seen the same thing and couldn't think of any 12 shot .22 cal single action revolver.
    Was this a mistake on CSI's part or have I just not come across a 12 shot single action revolver yet?
    I haven't found one in my book yet. :dunno:

The New Model 12/22™

MSRP $1000 - $1400 depending on model.

They are manufacturing in one of the old Colt factories and their business if largely based on reproducing classic Colt weapons for cowboy action shooting.

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I would guess to say after watching the show that they got lucky in their statement of a 12 shot revolver. They have messed up so many times in thier firearm facts that it is no wonder why there are so many false rumors going around.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe is was just very clever product placement?

How else would you get a bunch of Gun-nut CSI watchers to investigate your product? :dunno: Don't know though, the example in the show was used for 3 homicides as well as a dog.

Got us talking about it, didn't it?:ingo:

pop gunn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    10 shot S&W da revolver

I've had a 10 shot S&W mod.617 .22 da revolver for several years and with a 2-7X scope shoots great (1-1 1/2" groups at 50m (bench) Sandy Garrett of No.Va. Gunworks did the trigger/action job. Can't believe people don't know of the 10 shot - I even found speed loaders and laoding blocks for it. Got about #759 in it - including the action job:rolleyes:

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis

1011254.jpg
    Model 12/22TM Features
    * All Steel construction
    * Traditional Full size

This reminds me a bit of the PMR-30 30 shot by Kel-Tec:

Qq7TI.jpg

I have to say I like the idea of getting 30 shots into the frame of an autoloader. It would be nice if a .22lr version were available.

It's nice to have the flexibility of being able to shoot whatever .22 ammo you want out of the revolver, however.

Top Bottom