A week ago I feel like the world changed...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    It really depends on what you think happened last week. Was it a lonely loser looking to make a name for himself by taking out a high profile target? If so, nothing really changed. If you think more is being hidden behind the scenes, then maybe be ready for more problems.
    It really only matters what the majority of people THINK happened and not what actually happened.

The shooter could have been acting completely alone, evidence to support that could be made known and I dont think most would believe it.

Alternatively, there could have been conspiracy to take trump out, it failed and now Biden is dropping out....enter Harris as the back up plan.

If Left wins, we could be looking at another Jan 6 situation or worse.

If Right wins wide scale rioting like we saw a couple years back...or worse.

With the most political tension our country has seen in a long time, plus the complete lack of trust in the government and anything they say by either side.. I don't see how the election going either way isn't a catalyst event for widespread unrest and none of it has to be based on fact. Because I don't think Trump or Biden could convince the opposing sides supporters that the sky is blue and water is wet.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks, to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    and not for the better. I was already highly concerned with possible political violence but I feel like last Saturday amped it up. My thoughts were that any potential political violence would start closer to the election and probably get worse as the election got closer. My new worry is mass civil unrest starts earlier and is worse that I was thinking it would be. I pray I'm wrong but I'm not going to ignore what I see and hear. Am I the only one that has had a change in perspective after this week?
    After reading this thread I can see some were around in 62/63 and some were not. For myself that is-was a demarcation point.

For the OP, protect yourself and family. And by that I mean, beans, bullets, and training. Keep your family close n teach’em. Look for like minded family, close friends, be as prepared as you can be.

No, you’re not alone in your thinking. Perspective is not just today, long term is on a lot of folks minds, it‘s generational if you are lucky. (Teach’em).

I’ve personally (through family stories) learned from several depressions, 5 wars, more governmental changes than can be counted. Fed. Gov. Mandates.

Never trust the powers that be. They are all out to ***** you. Regardless of political party. Think for yourself, forget MSM, WWW, even INGO. Think for yourself, always trust your gut. JMO.

26.945 mhz.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Just from the last day or two I don't think we're anywhere near off this ride.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I don't have all the data at my fingertips. But I suspect that we are at a historically LOW point of political violence.
    But I'm remembering the 60's. And seemed like Ford was going through something on a constant basis.
    Things always seem worse when we're in it.
    And memories make things better than they actually were.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    After reading this thread I can see some were around in 62/63 and some were not. For myself that is-was a demarcation point.

For the OP, protect yourself and family. And by that I mean, beans, bullets, and training. Keep your family close n teach’em. Look for like minded family, close friends, be as prepared as you can be.

No, you’re not alone in your thinking. Perspective is not just today, long term is on a lot of folks minds, it‘s generational if you are lucky. (Teach’em).

I’ve personally (through family stories) learned from several depressions, 5 wars, more governmental changes than can be counted. Fed. Gov. Mandates.

Never trust the powers that be. They are all out to ***** you. Regardless of political party. Think for yourself, forget MSM, WWW, even INGO. Think for yourself, always trust your gut. JMO.

26.945 mhz.
    Well I wasn't around in 62 or 63 but I was born in 68 when my dad got invited to join the army in 1966. He always taught us kids to trust your guts. Its the same thing I taught my daughters, must be a generational thing but every time I tried logic instead of my guts I was wrong....every time. I think its your body or our creator keeping us safe. Great post!!

Reactions: Mij
    Top Bottom