A week ago I feel like the world changed...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    and not for the better. I was already highly concerned with possible political violence but I feel like last Saturday amped it up. My thoughts were that any potential political violence would start closer to the election and probably get worse as the election got closer. My new worry is mass civil unrest starts earlier and is worse that I was thinking it would be. I pray I'm wrong but I'm not going to ignore what I see and hear. Am I the only one that has had a change in perspective after this week?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    and not for the better. I was already highly concerned with possible political violence but I feel like last Saturday amped it up. My thoughts were that any potential political violence would start closer to the election and probably get worse as the election got closer. My new worry is mass civil unrest starts earlier and is worse that I was thinking it would be. I pray I'm wrong but I'm not going to ignore what I see and hear. Am I the only one that has had a change in perspective after this week?
    No, but my concerns started a few months earlier.

Increase your defensive posture, caliber, and capacity to address increasing threat levels as you see fit in your AO.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Stay OPSPEC and avoid crowed places. Wolves run in packs and are always looking for weaker game to prey on. You cannot save the world, but you can protect you small piece of it. Do not let the actions of .001% of the population that is reported by 80% of the news media infect your beliefs and actions. There is a big different between being paranoid and prepared.

XDdreams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It's always a concern in my mind and it takes alot of work to compartmentalize it and not let it effect me in everyday life. That event also made me feel like oh sh!t, it's going to erupt in flames any day now.

What really made me feel vulnerable is I somehow managed to get myself double lung pneumonia from a random virus while on vacation last week. I had to go to urgent care yesterday, my oxygen level was below normal and she visibly jumped back when listening to my lungs with her stethoscope. She looked at me with a weak smile and said "well your lungs just don't sound too great".

This really opened my eyes to how unprepared on the medical side of things I am. If I didn't have easy access to medical care this could have easily ended me.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    It's always a concern in my mind and it takes alot of work to compartmentalize it and not let it effect me in everyday life. That event also made me feel like oh sh!t, it's going to erupt in flames any day now.

What really made me feel vulnerable is I somehow managed to get myself double lung pneumonia from a random virus while on vacation last week. I had to go to urgent care yesterday, my oxygen level was below normal and she visibly jumped back when listening to my lungs with her stethoscope. She looked at me with a weak smile and said "well your lungs just don't sound too great".

This really opened my eyes to how unprepared on the medical side of things I am. If I didn't have easy access to medical care this could have easily ended me.
    Look into a Jase Case or similar to keep on hand. Again, prepared vs paranoid.

Hope you get better soon!

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    The way I see it there are 2 possible routes that could possibly prevent a November Election, War and Martial Law! They tried to provoke and cheat us in 2016, they succeeded in 2020 but they know that they have to switch tactics because we are better prepared. So with 22million plus illegals flooding our borders, rampant crime, the rule of law has been thrown out the window and just one step away from mass civil unrest and Bidens handlers don’t seem to be to concerned about the election even now that the curtain has been pulled back for all to see. All of this tells me that even though the Democratic Party is nervous the puppet masters aren’t which means they have a plan and are very confident in its success.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    What really made me feel vulnerable is I somehow managed to get myself double lung pneumonia from a random virus while on vacation last week...

Health Benefits of NAC

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Last week wasn't like Nov 11th 1963.
    Nowhere close.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It really depends on what you think happened last week. Was it a lonely loser looking to make a name for himself by taking out a high profile target? If so, nothing really changed. If you think more is being hidden behind the scenes, then maybe be ready for more problems.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I feel like the bigger issue is the major ramp up of mental health issues out there. I don't have data but it seems worse than any time I can recall in my lifetime.
    Big Pharma has ensnared a significant portion of the nation cranking out drugs that make people dependent.

Individuals can isolate themselves with technology and create their own worlds where they are the god, never answering to or interacting personally with anyone else.

And the cake topper is that they are made into victims and further pushed down those paths with no plan of improving.

Top Bottom