A useless thread on Toddlers and Gerbils!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    That is just too cute!! I had a gerbil when I was a kid and it lived for three years, never bit anyone, Oh and he loved peanut butter. Now then you need to go back to the pet shop and get your husband a pet snake to keep in his under ware drawer!!! and of course gifts are better when they are a surprise!!!:D

Do ya supose one of those shirts that says my eyes are up would pee him off!!! :D
    You are a Genius! I'll make sure to do that. Except I think I will go with something along the lines of a scorpion instead. He hates creepy crawlies. :popcorn:

I'm going to give Buddy some PB tomorrow! lol.

And no, the shirt wouldn't bother him. He's like most men....Dang rebels. :P

If you can get that little guy to live longer than a year or two it will be a small miracle. We moved into this house when my daughter was 2,now 18, and I have buried more gerbils,hamsters, mice,cats and even a snake, than most pet stores have in stock. She now has a ferret( I hate that frikin thing) and a miniature daschund. Buddy will teach your little cutie two important things, how to be responsible and sadly how to deal with death.
    5'11..Damn...I think I'm going to call you stretch from now on:)
    I killed a gerbil when I was younger. The little sucker bit my finger and wouldn't let go. I then, bashed it's head into the corner of my dresser until he did. And let me tell you, HE DID. There was blood splatter all over my room. lol. From the stupid Gerbil, not me. :)
    I've had ferrets. Great pets but they smell. Never again will I get one. lol. Besides that, I moved my couch once to find all of my jewelry that came up missing squished in the corner. Thief.

Stretch....I used to answer to that name quite often! I'll let ya call me that! :popcorn:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Build me a woman,
    Make her ten feet tall.
    You got to build me a woman,
    Make her ten feet tall.
    Don’t make her worthless,
    Don’t make her, wow, small.
    Right, oh, come on!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    When I was in 6th grade, I had 3 Gerbils...Ralph, Midnight, and Goldie.

Ralph was really smart and nice. I could safely let him run around my room and if I called his name he'd crawl into my lap. Midnight was great too, but didn't know his name. Goldie was a grumpy old b****. She didn't bite that much, but she did not like to be woken up. One night I my best friend was sleeping over when all of a sudden we heard the most shrill, spine-tingling scream we've ever heard in my life...

My mom had gotten up to use the bathroom and Goldie was sitting in the middle of the floor.

Somehow, once she got a taste of freedom, she went bat:poop: crazy. My buddy reached down to grab her and she latched on his finger for dear life. He flung her across the room and dazed her for a sec, but before I could get a good grasp on her tail, she grabbed a hold of me and got flung across the room again.

Finally, we grabbed an empty Grippo's box and a clip board, dropped the box on top of her, slid the clip board under the box and flipped it over. I let her go down by the river...To this day, small teeth still creep me out.

Lastshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    United States of Merica
    OMG...Please tell me you are kidding and it is NOT infact a RAT!!!!!

It seems to be really nice though....so I can't complain. Hasn't bit once, yet. lol.

HEY ask Annie bout me, she'll tell ya everything I say is the truth!... AND i know my rats too! Was quite popular when inporting gerbils to substitute mexican rats, cus they were cheaper!.. A peso saved is a peso earned!..

:D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    HEY ask Annie bout me, she'll tell ya everything I say is the truth!... AND i know my rats too! Was quite popular when inporting gerbils to substitute mexican rats, cus they were cheaper!.. A peso saved is a peso earned!..

:D

Dude. She knows you already. You're talking to ShooterChick. :)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Do you have a cat? If not, you should get one. Should be endless fun watching the cat chase the gerbil and "The Ball" :D

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Hey, RM. You know these guys molt like reptiles/amphibs, right? :):

molerat-tm1.jpg

I'm 5'11.
    :thatshot:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/79910-your_top_3_women_or_men-4.html#post900492
    Notice a theme of tall brunettes.. ..Tall brunettes who would go backpacking with you?! ;)

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Well folks....the time has come and Buddy is hurt. His back legs will not move but he doesn't seem to be in pain. I called my cousin (a vet tech) to come look at him. He's in good spirits but he drags his back legs. Playing like mad still, eating and drinking. She told me to wait it out a few days to see if he's just swollen and if he's still draggin on, then she will come and get him and her husband will shoot him. Ugh. I don't know what happened. He was in his ball one minute playing and the next laying on his back. Not sure if Callie caused it or if he did. I don't know.

I'm rather pissed. Why did Doug bring home a gerbil **I** have to care for in the first place? I NEVER wanted this stupid thing. And of course...he gets hurt when Doug is at work so here I am with this gerbil and I feel guilty as hell. I hope he isn't in pain.

Someone is getting a good nights sleep on the couch. With the stupid Gerbil cage right beside him.

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    Just so you know..They never seem to out grow the need to bring home small furry things with teeth. My 17 year daughter saved a hamster from school. Of course when I see it..I asked her what was wrong with his eyes. They were bugging out of his head. She said the kids at school was tossing him around and must have squeezed him to hard. So we have a bug eyed hamster!!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Just so you know..They never seem to out grow the need to bring home small furry things with teeth. My 17 year daughter saved a hamster from school. Of course when I see it..I asked her what was wrong with his eyes. They were bugging out of his head. She said the kids at school was tossing him around and must have squeezed him to hard. So we have a bug eyed hamster!!

It was my HUSBAND who brought him home. Go figure. That being said, my husband is like a big kid...so....POINT TAKEN. :rolleyes:

He said that Callie (she's flipping2) couldn't live w/o him. ugh

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    That is NOT a gerbil or hamster, from the pics.

Too lean and the tail is FAR too long.

Not sure what it IS, but it's not a gerbil or hamster.

Um...at this point I don't care WHAT it is because it's dying.

It was sold as a gerbil. Nicest gerbil EVER. Gerbils bite...this guy doesn't. I've heard from soneone before it was not a gerbil...no one knows what he is.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Oh and did I mention....I'm going to make Doug kill it if it needs to be done. He hates blood. Loves animals. So, maybe THAT will teach him to bring a toddler a gerbil (or whatever he is).

Top Bottom