• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    I found an old FFl dealer selling his collection. I am the only one that knows. But one of the guns I held was an Original 1927 semi auto A-1 Tommy. Never fired with 13 new 30 round sticks in plastic, a 50 round drum and a 100 round drum. I offered $1200 and he is considering it. No violin case though. But it is flawless. Is there a market for these right now? And how high should I go to turn a profit? Has sealed paperwork too.

rkba_net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    The Model M1927-A1 is a Numrich Arms weapons AND NOT a ORIGINAL M1927 (ie NOT A1)... REAL M1927's are VERY rare... ORIGINAL M1927's although they have only semi trigger parts are MG's as the receiver will accept full-auto trigger parts without modification. A price of about $1200 for a Auto Ordnance (ie Numrich Arms) M1927A1 is about right... BTW the original has a 10.5" barrel and the Numrich Arms one a 16" barrel (although it is not impossible that it was cut back and registered as an SBR). Take some pics of the markings on the receiver and post them... also take a look at the ATF registration paperwork...it is not an ORIGINAL M1927, unless the owner is a MORON!!!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... ORIGINAL M1927's although they have only semi trigger parts are MG's as the receiver will accept full-auto trigger parts without modification.

By that logic, most ARs would be considered MG's, which they AREN'T, so might there be another reason or nuance here? :dunno:

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    By that logic, most ARs would be considered MG's, which they AREN'T, so might there be another reason or nuance here?
    dunno.gif

Not exactly so, AR's require additional machining steps.

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    By that logic, most ARs would be considered MG's, which they AREN'T, so might there be another reason or nuance here? :dunno:
    original 1927 thompson were 1921 models manufactured by colt that had some of the trigger parts changed out. the markings " model of 1921", "thompson submachine gun" and " full auto" were then lightly milled away and replaced with " model of 1927" and "semi-automatic carbine"
    The ATFE standard is once a machinegun, always a machine gun. the later ATFE acceptable semi autos are completely different in design and dimension

Top Bottom