A Special Thanks to those Special People! You know who you are!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This thread is gay and should be closed.. way off topic. Scutter.. do your thing!

Only one real solution at a time like this.

2ymubys.jpg

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I have a question that ANY mod can feel free to answer for me. You have all stated (mods) that you can't be everywhere all the time. I can totally understand that. As such there is a neat little button at the bottom of each post that allows us to 'report' questionable material to such mods for their attention. I found several post (two) while reading through the board that I was going to report. I was able to report the first, HOWEVER when I attempted to report the second I am told that I can NOT report another post for 25000 seconds. No that was not a mistype it's 25 THOUSAND seconds, which equates to approximately 7 HOURS time. WHY? I mean it almost appears to me and to most folks with any amount of sense that the powers that be don't WANT us to report anything. am I missing something here? I mean the board was at one time pg-13. I tried to follow those rules as best as I could. Then the decision was made to make the limit G rated. While I was VERY unhappy with this I DID however try (and to my best recollection) HAVE abided by this.

In the previous thread I asked what I thought was a pertinant question as to why a thread was on the first two pages of with the american version of arse in it. I was told that it was because it was an OLD thread by scutter. Ok I guess, although it was showing up as a CURRENT thread because someone had posted in it. Then less than a day later VUPDBlue edited the post title and such to remove the offensive langauge. I sincerely hope the MODS can see how this can be very confusing to those of us struggling to keep ourselves within the rules by looking at what is allowed and modeling our responses after them. The previous thread was getting rather heated and unfriendly and I stated that I didn't wish to get into an arguement of any sorts in public, but if any of the mods that wanted to discuss this further that they should contact me privately. NONE contacted me, not to tell me I should settle down, or to tell me that I was dead wrong, nada. It almost makes a person feel that even though they are trying to make a sincere effort to help further the board and better it that their opinions or comments mean nothing.

So, what is a person to do? I mean as you have read here there are MANY folks that are struggling to stay within the bounds of what is acceptable, but the only way they know where the boundaries are is when they cross them.

Greg

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Now that the software can remove unwanted words (it is set up to remove the major vulgar words) it will be easier on us, and we'll be able to more uniformly enforce the rule. At this point, the only problems we should have would be people attempting to circumvent the rule with creative spelling or whatnot. This would obviously be unacceptable...

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    That little quip by Joe Williams, was some kind of funny, just what I'd expect out of him. The thing that makes it ok, is he made us react to his humor without the aid of "grey" word choice. Look at the one liners used on this thread, that do not contain any dirty words, proof positive, we can have a gun forum with a sense of humor that is not lewed and offensive. PS I miss the Girls with Guns too! :ingo:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    At this point, the only problems we should have would be people attempting to circumvent the rule with creative spelling or whatnot. This would obviously be unacceptable...
    Proactive guidance would be helpful, like a list of acceptable words and substitutes. For example, bastard seems to work here.

You know, the reverse of Carlin's 7 words.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Proactive guidance would be helpful, like a list of acceptable words and substitutes. For example, bastard seems to work here.

That's pretty easy. If you would not say it in church you shouldn't use it here. ;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I mean as you have read here there are MANY folks that are struggling to stay within the bounds of what is acceptable,

Greg

Actually only about .002% of the registered membership cause any real issues at any given time; and for those .002% we (Mods) spend about 80.000% of our time dealing with their issues.

As for your Reporting issue, that one will have to be looked at by Fenway or Scutter. You should be able to report multiple posts withing a 7 hour time frame. We didn't set any limits to discourage reporting. Has anyone else had this problem?

As this thread has tracked over 2 or 3 different issues, I will again stress that INGO is a work in progress, and we're always looking to make it better. We can't please everyone everytime. If you see some inconsistencies, please know that we aren't perfect and we're working on it.

Thanks!

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    As for your Reporting issue, that one will have to be looked at by Fenway or Scutter. You should be able to report multiple posts withing a 7 hour time frame. We didn't set any limits to discourage reporting. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

Yeah bro, i think this is the same for a lot of us. We've discussed this in another thread.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Do you really need a list of acceptable words? Surely not... I'd think as adult, we'd be able to proactively guide ourselves. :twocents: It's really not rocket science.

I'm not an angel...by any means. But there is a time and place for it. The owner has asked not to make this the place. Is that really that difficult?

Joey does it or Mikey (purely random names mind you) does it...so why can't I? :rolleyes: Come on... I've seen one or two people get banned...and honestly...they asked for it. They were given opportunity after opportunity to stop when they were asked nicely. And they purposely continued to break the owner's rules...just to see how far they could push it.

I think the mods know there is a pretty good chance each of us will mess up once in a while. I don't think that's the issue. The issue is when it happens time and time again. It's not too hard to figure out when it's blatant. Just do the best you can and don't worry about what someone else is getting by with. Who cares, really?

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Best if prefaced with "inglorious.";)
    That is how I found out it worked. See FNS thread.

As for Church as a guideline, I thought this place was going PG? I see church as G.

Yes I want a list. Public Servant, you do get the Carlin reference right? Maybe not? Maybe that is why you had to ask?

In my thirst for knowledge and cultural understanding, what truly defines PG? (A bit tongue in cheek here). Actually, I am curious, but I don't need no stinkin' list. I have yet to be edited or warned etc....but I edit my own posts based on what I assume is now acceptable. I am really more interested in the software that is doing it, someone had to make a list.

In raising my own child I ignored all ratings and looked at intent and message as the issue. The WWII Museum in New Orleans is a moving experience but I would not rate the historical info and some pics as less than R for violence, but the relevance of the lesson is what counted.

That is the trouble with censorship, very hard to define. I disagree with using appropriate in chruch as a gudieline, others may agree. Does not bother me either way.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I just want to Thank Fenway and the Mods for having more Moral Values than the people that produced the Shrek movies, atleast they are concerned about how content can be subjective to the younger crowd.

Honestly, When I posted this thread out of anger toward the insolent few I figure it would be commented on a few times and then closed. I had no idea that topics of interest would arise let alone all the humor to come of it.

Just makes me glag to be a member of INGO!;)

Top Bottom