• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I kinda like the young vet. I always get quick service when he is there. Steel case ammo is not technically allowed at most ranges.

I have nothing personal against the kid, but I do remember him giving some guy grief over him wear a paracord bracelet, saying that only "military" or former military should wear them. I just rolled my eyes.

I've also heard him talk about all the people he's killed in the sandbox too. He grinds my gears but overall he's a harmless lil guy.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    I've also heard him talk about all the people he's killed in the sandbox too.

I suppose now that all the vets who killed hundreds of Charlies in the rice paddies of Gha Dang, down in the Weeshlong Delta (despite never leaving the radio room at Ton Son Nhut,) are getting old, it's time for a new generation of vets with BS war stories.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    Considering how easy it would be to sort out the steel, that surprises me.

The range generally doesn't do the sorting, FWIW.

Last range I worked at, our brass guy was buying it for scrap and didn't care about steel or aluminum, but he was also a shooter and reloader himself who loved big calibers and I know he had his kid rifle through that stuff to pull all the .50AE and .500 S&W and suchlike, too... :)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Running a magnet over it would separate out steel quickly but not aluminum.

That being said, I wouldn't want to have to sort through all of it by hand.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    The kid is annoying at best at Pops. Me and a couple of friends were there looking for a 1911 (one of them was new to guns). The kid picked up a Colt they had and proceeded to do a field strip and lost most of the parts on the floor. At this point I was laughing a little bit and he looked over to me and said "see guys, he is impressed". He went on a couple more minutes and somehow made a comment about me needing my first 1911. He about flipped when I informed him I had more then they did in the case.

When we left that day, we were standing outside the door because my friends smoke and wanted to smoke before we drove off (we took my car). We had the top down since it was summer time and the kid came out, talked some more, flicked his cigerrete right onto the top of the windshield of the BMW. Needless to say I was mad at him...

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I've had my fair share of crappy experiences at Pop's... including when Holder came out talking about another AWB and that day, they pulled everything from the case, put signs out saying "ask for price" and proceeded to add $300 or so to everything carrying over 10 rounds.

Needless to say, I was never impressed with their service and moved on. But, some people think gun shops are exempt from the idea of "customer service", hence why these places can still operate.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Keep in mind this is the same place who had an employee arrested for steeling guns and ammo from them and the whole range back stop fiasco.... Not as bad as risk of being shot or robed at dons...

I allways swept up my brass, and got the ok from the guys around me.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    They told me their buyer wouldn't sort it anymore and only wanted the brass. Their buyer's requirement, not theirs.

I agree. Their customer service sucks!

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    At most ranges?

Some ranges don't like it because they sell their brass and it can be annoying to sort out the steel and aluminum cases.

It cab be really annoying to pay someone money to use their range, ear and eye pro, their targets, and get flagged by morons, and then have the cocky know it alls complain about 50 or so pieces of steel case they had to sift through.

JAFO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    There's a topic in itself.. asking to sweep up others brass. It amazes me how many people just help themselves to my brass. At times I feel obligated to bring a little sign and post it next to my area "Hands off my brass".

Chr15topher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    New Albany
    I'm a huge Sig fan. My first firearm ever purchased was a German police trade-in Sig P6. I've had a P6 and P226 FTE before. With that said, I'd trust my life with any Sig I've owned BUT I'd never say they are perfect.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    ...then have the cocky know it alls complain about 50 or so pieces of steel case they had to sift through.

No more annoying then it is to have people not read the big sign that says that steel- or aluminum-cased ammo isn't allowed on the range. Complaining about it is like sitting in the non-smoking section and griping about the lack of ashtrays.

As was pointed out up-thread, the company that buys their brass won't take it. If you just gotta shoot steel-cased ammo, vote with your wallet. If enough people do, maybe they'll renegotiate the deal with their recycler or contract with a different one.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    There's a topic in itself.. asking to sweep up others brass. It amazes me how many people just help themselves to my brass. At times I feel obligated to bring a little sign and post it next to my area "Hands off my brass".

First I ask the range if I can sweep up mine and others with their permission. If they say yes when I have about 10 minutes of shooting left I start sweeping up. If I have noticed others around me shooting the calibers that I shoot when they are loading mags I nicely ask if they are keeping the brass they shot, if they say no I ask if I can sweep it up for them and take it and I only sweep it up when they are loading up mags so they don't loose shooting time. I have found most are happy to give it to me because I clean up their mess.

Top Bottom