A pistol attached to a drone... this is probably an NFA violation, yeah?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I guess Charlene is a no no, if you are not in Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU

I have seen a few AK variants on RC helicopters, don't know in what country they filmed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azaiwBIj7d4

FPS Russian also had a RC car with an explosive charge on it. He can drive it under a vehicle and detonate, it will carry a lot more weight of explosives than a RC aircraft,
    and you can park it and wait rather than have to hover. I'm sure it's all illegal in the United States, but to believe it isn't out there would be naive.

RC car with explosives

Funny guy, he drives through white castle in a tank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvkLaa9bogU

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I fly drowns.
    There is not a quad or hex drown that can handle the recoil on the Civilian market.
    Looking at the size of the drown. I dough very much that it could lift the weight of a handgun.
    If you look very closely. The flashes are photo shopped in.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Would be pretty much useless for the military. Not enough range, not enough rounds, too slow. Now, General Atomics did a proof of concept with a mini-gun on a predator...that might come in handy.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I fly them as well, and a low recoil high capacity handgun would work. A PMR30 .22 magnum would have a 30 round magazine and very low recoil. It could be done, fairly easily. If they want to hook a semi auto up to a small motor and a cam to make it full auto it could be done too. Sometimes it's not how hard it is to make something work, it's how much is the reward vs risk of prison time. Yea, it's something I would build if there were no laws, but I like sleeping without bars around my bedroom.

http://www.gunblast.com/images/KelTec-PMR30/DSC09898.JPG

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    As is always the case, military weapons (in this case, a weaponized "drone") eventually make it into the civilian space.
    Then replace remote control with autonomous control, and we have the beginning of SkyNet!

We ARE Skynet.

Yeah, I'm betting a gun on a drone is probably illegal.

Like I said. Wouldn't that be an AOW (Any Other Weapon) under NFA? Like a James Bond briefcase gun or the wrong wallet holster for your .380

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I fly drowns.
    There is not a quad or hex drown that can handle the recoil on the Civilian market.
    Looking at the size of the drown. I dough very much that it could lift the weight of a handgun.
    I was thinking the same thing. Those are small rotors for supporting a semi-auto. Another reason I call fake is the location of the gun. It would unbalance that drone terribly. There are no components even remotely that heavy on a drone you could put on the other side to balance it. That drone has all its components centered.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    A buddy has one of those super expensive DJI >$3700 hex copters. It's a BEAST! I think max payload is a couple of pounds. I bet it could carry a weapon.

Right now it carries a really good camera (a must see imo): https://youtu.be/ABN2vhGFkuw

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    If they want to hook a semi auto up to a small motor and a cam to make it full auto it could be done too.
    For anybody even considering that option. Electro-mechanical trigger actuators are not illegal by themselves as long as 1 push of the button only results in a single pull of the trigger. As soon as you do something that permits multiple trigger pulls on the gun for a single "action" in the user's hands you've made an unregistered machinegun...

Like I said. Wouldn't that be an AOW (Any Other Weapon) under NFA? Like a James Bond briefcase gun or the wrong wallet holster for your .380
    By what reasoning? AOW's typically fall into the AOW category because they are A) disguised to not look like a firearm, or B) don't fit any of the other weapon categories (machinegun, silencer, rifle, pistol, shotgun, DD). I don't see how attaching a firearm (rifle or handgun) would change it's classification into an AOW.

briefcase and wallet guns are AOW because they are disguised to not look like a gun. Same thing with cane guns.

Pistol-grip only short barreled "shotguns" are AOW because they don't fit the definition of a pistol OR a shotgun (definitely not a rifle) so they are AOW.

Pistol attached to a drone still fits the definition of a pistol unless it can be argued that it is no longer intended to be fired with 1 hand.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    For anybody even considering that option. Electro-mechanical trigger actuators are not illegal by themselves as long as 1 push of the button only results in a single pull of the trigger. As soon as you do something that permits multiple trigger pulls on the gun for a single "action" in the user's hands you've made an unregistered machinegun...

That is why I said "If they want to hook a semi auto up to a small motor and a cam to make it full auto it could be done too. Sometimes it's not how hard it is to make something work, it's how much is the reward vs risk of prison time. Yea, it's something I would build if there were no laws, but I like sleeping without bars around my bedroom."

Long ago people considered chucking up a drill to one of the old 1022 gatlin gun that uses the cam to fire the trigger. As you said, if you can fire more than one bullet with a single pull of the trigger, in this fictional scenario a push of the button on a radio to activate a small motor with a cam that pulls the trigger several times for you, then it is the same as building an illegal machine gun. Last I heard it can be up to $250,000 fine and 10 years in jail.......PER ITEM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2yzcMPQZdU

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I fly drowns.

I don't know enough about it to say you are wrong, but at least once you can see the brass eject. I'm sure someone with the proper skills could edit that in as well, but it looked pretty real to me.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    isn't there a law about remote firing devices as well?

If there is I'm not aware of it.

At one time there was a hydraulicly actuated remote firing device marketed toward bench-rest shooter and for use during load work-up so you could be sure there was NO shooter influence on the gun; it was in just about every firearms catalog (brownells, midway, and numerous others)...

Like stated mythbusters etc also use them. I don't think they are illegal (the use of them may be regulated but I've never seen the law).

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member