• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Obama's appointing an "ISIS Czar".... which is just to create an extra layer of accountability insulation between him and his failures.

He's appointing a new one. They've had one for quite a while and the previous one stepped down last month. It's nothing new. General John Allen was the previous one. Allen was pretty frustrated with the administration over IS and their strategy. Guess he didn't have enough input or something.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He's appointing a new one. They've had one for quite a while and the previous one stepped down last month. It's nothing new. General John Allen was the previous one. Allen was pretty frustrated with the administration over IS and their strategy. Guess he didn't have enough input or something.

Which seems to support the notion that the position is little more than insulation. Why have a czar if that position doesn't really do anything functional?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Obama's appointing an "ISIS Czar".... which is just to create an extra layer of accountability insulation between him and his failures.

It makes perfect sense for this position to exist. After all, it helps Barry carry out his support of ISIS more effectively.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting.

The Syrian Catholic priest who escaped IS captivity - BBC News

Fr Jack [Murad] remembers how he and Botros Hanna were blindfolded and had their hands tied, before the car they were forced into sped away to an unknown destination "in the mountains around al-Qaryatain".
    Intriguingly, Fr Jack says his captors all seemed curious about his Christian beliefs.
    "They would ask about my theology - God, the Holy Trinity, Christ, and the Crucifixion," he said.
    He thought it pointless trying to answer.
    "What's the point of debating with someone who's put you in prison and pointing their rifle at you?" Fr Jack asked rhetorically.
    "When I was forced to respond, I'd say 'I'm not prepared to change my religion'."
    "On Day 84, the last day, an emir arrived, telling us 'the Christians of al-Qaryatain have been pestering us about you and want you back, so come on, move.'

Finally, on the 31 August, Fr Jack was summoned before several IS clerics.
    They wanted to convey what IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi had decided about the fate of the Christians of al-Qaryatain.
    Various options were on the table, including killing the men and enslaving the women.
    Instead the IS leader chose to give the Christians the "right to live as citizens in territory held by Islamic State", which meant returning their land, homes, and money in return for conditional IS protection.
    "They know everything, every detail. We tend to think of them as uncultured Bedouins. The opposite is true. They're clever, educated, with university degrees, and meticulous in their planning," Fr Jack said.

The highlighted bit supports the notion that, even for theocratic authoritarians, governing is more difficult than killing.

Top Bottom