• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You have been offensive three times.
    In fairness, I've probably been offensive WAY more than that, in this thread alone. You probably only recognized a few.

You do not even have a name or a location.
    Welcome to the internet.

You display the nun as your avitar, yet you clearly are not a nazarene.
    Indeed, not in the literal sense - I am not from Nazareth.

Is that more tiqqya?
    Oh. So now actually quoting from the Koran is tiqqya? That is a very odd assertion.

Your attitude is not even going to get me off the couch to go to my file cabinet, let alone dig up my research papers.
    Apologies for not swearing an oath of fealty to you and your towering intellect. Would a more subservient attitude induce you to get off your couch? Just curious if that's what your in to.

I would like to say that I am done, but I will continue to pray for your eternal salvation,
    Thank you - prayers are A Good Thing.

even though I believe you are compelled to pray for my destruction.
    Well, not those prayers. I can honestly say, I have never prayed for anyone's destruction. I pray for justice quite a bit, as dangerous as that may be.

If living in a country founded on Christianity is a problem for you, why are you here? Keep asking questions, with truth comes peace.
    Indeed, I agree with your last statement. (I'm ignoring the culmination of your ad hominem stuff.) But, why do you invite questions if you don't answer them?

ETA:
    In the re-reading, let me address the nun symbol. As I've said in several other threads, I am a practicing Catholic. (And, as I've also said, it takes alot of practice to be any good at it.) ;)

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Remember all of the Holy Wars from history class? That was Islam. Islam has been enslaving and holding back its believers for thousands of years. Baghdad was the scientific and mathematical center of the world for hundreds of years. They gave us our numerical system and named all of the stars and constellations were leading the world in technology until one radical Leader declared mathematics to be the Devil's work. Their civilization went down the tubes and has never recovered.

Well, I think Christendom may have played a bit of a role in those...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It is written 79 places that infidels should be destroyed and one place it is requred as a good idea.
    Sorry, missed this edit.

So... 79 huh. Can you cite 5? Don't worry, I'll find the quotes (although it would make my life easier if you did that part yourself, I'd hate for you to get off the couch too much).

Oh, and before we get too carried away, can you explain the disconnect between the Koran's description of Jews and Christians as co-equal with Muslims, yet you lump us in as infidels? You do know that the Koran did not treat us as infidels, right? Not to ruin the surprise, but I have one answer, I'm just wondering what your answer is.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    US official: 'IS making and using chemical weapons in Iraq and Syria' - BBC News
    The official said the intelligence community believes the most plausible explanation is that they are manufacturing it.
    "We assess that they have an active chemical weapons little research cell that they're working on to try and get better at it," the official said.
    The official said knowledge to make the mustard agent is widely available, and it is not a complex chemical to produce.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Al-Quaida declares war on IS. At least they aren't joining forces and that's one more enemy for IS to fend off. Should keep the IS people in Afghanistan and Pakistan busy, at least.

Al Qaeda Leader Declares War on ISIS 'Caliph' | MyCentralOregon.com

While obviously better news than ganging up, I will add the concern that adopting the idea that an enemy of our enemy is our ally is extremely dangerous. Unfortunately, many among us will tend to believe otherwise.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Yup. I made the same argument about the US support of "moderate" forces in Syria which ended up fueling ISIS. Sometimes it is best to leave them alone and let the bad destroy the worse or vice versa.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Al-Quaida declares war on IS.

twNATXX.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The only way to stop these people are to kill them. I cannot believe that more powers in the world are not involved with destroying this organization.

I can. ISIS is a great benefit to the powers that be. The people theyre killing, no one really cares about, and govts have their "boogeyman" to justify heavy-handed tactics against their own people.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I can. ISIS is a great benefit to the powers that be. The people theyre killing, no one really cares about, and govts have their "boogeyman" to justify heavy-handed tactics against their own people.

Unfortunately, very true. ISIS is the ne plus ultra crisis not to let go to waste, especially let go to waste by doing something stupid like solving it.

:+1: I tried but got intercepted by the Rep Nazi.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Daesh military leader was trained in Georgia (the country, not the state) and had experience fighting the Russians.
    U.S. training helped mold top Islamic State military commander | McClatchy DC

Now 30, Batirashvili is a key figure, reportedly a member of the group’s governing council, is said to be the Islamic State’s supreme military leader in northern Syria and Aleppo, and is perhaps the group’s most fearsome ground commander. His current status is an irony for a man once considered a Georgian soldier with a bright future.
    “We trained him well, and we had lots of help from America,” said a former Georgian defense official who asked to not be identified because of the sensitivity of Batirashvili’s role in the Islamic State. “In fact, the only reason he didn’t go to Iraq to fight alongside America was that we needed his skills here in Georgia.”

For background on Georgian forces allied with the US in Iraq:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role_of_Georgia_in_the_Iraq_War
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/08/news/08iht-ally.4.7803155.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

The Georgians here, a rough-hewn group of Caucasus Mountain men, many veterans of one or another post-Soviet conflict, carry Kalashnikov rifles with scuffed wooden stocks. The brigade, however, has adopted tactics based on outreach to the local population and tribal sheiks, an approach also in vogue now with U.S. commanders.

Those outreach efforts are also a good way to learn the local smugglers and turncoats.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Daesh military leader was trained in Georgia (the country, not the state) and had experience fighting the Russians.
    U.S. training helped mold top Islamic State military commander | McClatchy DC

For background on Georgian forces allied with the US in Iraq:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role_of_Georgia_in_the_Iraq_War
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/08/news/08iht-ally.4.7803155.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Those outreach efforts are also a good way to learn the local smugglers and turncoats.

And, lest we forget, many of their top military people are former Iraqi army and Saddam Hussein supporters who were marginalised after we screwed everything up there. With no place to go they gravitated toward the sunni based IS. That's one of the main reasons they've done so well on thee ground. They have experienced military advisors. The Iraqi army doesn't and most of the Syrians are political appointees.

Top Bottom