• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    wasnt a snub nose. but yes have no probs with my glocks,taurus,springfeild, or anyother pistols that i have shoot. so yes i blamed the gun . ;P and so did the guy i sold it to .

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My personal choice would be a J frame Smith or the Ruger LCR. If I went ultra light pocket gun then I would choose the Ruger LCP. No its not a Ruger thing, just nice little guns in that price range.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    My personal choice would be a J frame Smith or the Ruger LCR. If I went ultra light pocket gun then I would choose the Ruger LCP. No its not a Ruger thing, just nice little guns in that price range.

If I had my LCP, I would be carrying it too...but my wife snagged that from me the day I walked in the door with it and staked claim to it. So I still carry my KEL-TEC and still shoot it just fine.

Would like to shoot the revolver though. Handled it many times, but just haven't pulled out my wallet to go the next step.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    well i hate to say it but i would not go with A KEL TEC ever unless u just like to guess about where a bullet will be going and want to scare ppl with a little boom. if i where i would prob go with a springfeild xd

I can put every shot on a pie plate at 15 yards with my P3AT, as fast as I can pull the trigger. I'm a good guesser, I guess. :rolleyes:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I think Deerslayer13 just got a defective gun, if the guy he sold it to also had problem I would say it had a problem, it happens, 20 years ago my dad bought a Chiefs Special and after 5 shots the cylinder slide off the crane, so it can happen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I think Deerslayer13 just got a defective gun, if the guy he sold it to also had problem I would say it had a problem, it happens, 20 years ago my dad bought a Chiefs Special and after 5 shots the cylinder slide off the crane, so it can happen

I think it's just a negative bias towards a good product:popcorn:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I think it's just a negative bias towards a good product:popcorn:

That is also a possibility, I've never had a problem with my Kel-Tec, after about 200 rounds and no FTE or FTF I decided I could carry it with confidence, now with 500 rounds through it even the trigger is getting better.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    i like the taurus millenium pro pt145. its a small gun with lots of boom! it also comes in .40 or 9mm. i think there may even be a 380. not sure.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If I had my LCP, I would be carrying it too...but my wife snagged that from me the day I walked in the door with it and staked claim to it. So I still carry my KEL-TEC and still shoot it just fine.

Would like to shoot the revolver though. Handled it many times, but just haven't pulled out my wallet to go the next step.

I know the feeling. Last time we went gun shopping I was thinking J frame or LCR. Wife liked something else and I can't say no. So she has a new .380 and I got stuck with the Glock.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

Not a Kel-Tec (my P3AT is fine thank you) but I have a gun that shoots 1 foot high at 7 yards and it is not the sights. The end of the barrel is just slightly not square.

Anybody interested in buying a gun? LOL

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Are you set on a pistol? For a back up gun, I suggest a snub nose revolver. I say this because there are less moving parts, which means less chance of a malfunction. Also there is no slide to rack, or magazines to deal with. In other words, simpler manual of arms. Yes you loose on capacity, and reload time. However, it's a back up gun. So those factors are not as important, as your main carry gun.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    How about a Ruger Vaquero in .45 Long Colt. Might not be small, but damn, she's sexy.

3013pj8.jpg

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    KelTek P-3, 380 hands down. Small, easy to conceal about anywhere (My choice for BUG is ankle holster but it's also an excellent pocket gun.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    KelTek P-3, 380 hands down. Small, easy to conceal about anywhere (My choice for BUG is ankle holster but it's also an excellent pocket gun.

Ammo is still crazy on price though, would be better off with a 9mm. I have not looked at prices online, but locally. I can get two boxes of 9mm, for the price of one box of .380. All the SD rounds I have seen are $30 +.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I carry a Sig P238 as a bug. It fits into the pocket nicely and is a lot of fun to shoot. The fun to shoot part is important to me since I don't think I'd practice with it enough if it were not fun to shoot. The 1911ness of it just makes it that much better.

Top Bottom