• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I went tonight and really gave the compact 9mm at Midwest especially the Kahr PM9. Nice but just about as plain as a Glock IMO and not for me. After an hour, with the help of some great salesmen, I narrowed the search to the Kimber Ultra CDP II. Almost the same size as the PM9 and in the ultra compact 1911 format. Can't beat that combination!:)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    One thing I found out is it is the hardest pistol I have ever had to field strip. Haven't figured out yet which I prefer, the standard or the alternate method. Both are a pain in the arse. Trying to reinstall the take-down pin is a joke as well as that little tool for the recoil spring that will be impossible to not lose.

edg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    1 o'clock on the 465 dial
    I agree on the take down. Only thing I have run across more difficult is my Ruger .22...stand on one leg tilt gun to the sky pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time. There it's reassembled.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Get the Kahr PM9 you wont regreat it. Increadible accuracy and reliability as well as usuable sights

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Kahr CW9 is very easy to carry, price is a little better than the PM series from Kahr.

The PM9 teeters on the edge of being too big to be a true pocket pistol (I guess that depends on the size of your pockets) and the CW9 seems bigger to me (only handles it once) than the PM.

I love my PM9 and its small size regardless of whether it is a true pocket pistol or not.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Kahr makes good stuff. The Kel Tec PF9 (or 11 if you want a double stack) are also both nice, small guns for carry. I would rely on either.

Keep in mind pocket guns are generally not fun to take to the range and put 200 rounds through, but you should practice with what you carry even if it's just a few mags now and then.

Guy9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Marion
    just got a p11 two weeks ago. Dont carry in pocket, a little big for that. However it has a belt clip that carrys awesome iwb. I like it also because it conceals very nice, and comfortable. All that and 11 rounds is hard to beat. Also check out all the options for the kel-tecs, mag extensions,lights etc. all the good stuff.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    To me, anything bigger than a LCP/P380/P3AT size is large for pocket carry. I have been very happy with my LCP for this purpose. Many people do just find carrying 9's in their pocket, however.

My next option is my Kahr PM9 in a Crossbreed Mini Tuck for IWB "t-shirt carry" as I call it. This means I can basically wear any type of shirt and it is not going to print at all and is VERY comfortable.

Next up is my M&P 9c in a Raven Phantom with pancake wings OWB which conceals very nicely under a loose un-tucked button up shirt.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I will drop a 2" K-Frame in my pocket, next to that my PF-9 is tiny. A good pocket holster makes all the difference. Of course you do have to have pants with large enough pockets. Winter I wear a lot of carpenter jeans (I like the extra room for my gentleman's gentleman), summer is mostly cargo/hiking shorts. Aloha shirts work well with both.

Also my pocket gun is normally the BUG for my BUG. By the time I have to dig out my last defensive tool I should be in an area of cover and concealment ready for a last stand. It is not for quick draw but rather a last ditch, hail Mary tool.

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    pocket guns are generally not fun to take to the range and put 200 rounds through

While I would agree with this statement when it comes to guns such as the KelTec P3AT I do not mind shooting my Kahr PM9 all day long. I am a bit surprised by this as when I first bought it I expected it to have considerable recoil and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of it.

red91vert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Throw another vote in for the Kel-Tec PF9, carry it everyday either ankle or pocket depending on clothing worn. It is comfortable, light, as accurate as a pocket gun can be, powerful and at a good price point. I would love to own a kahr as well but the price is a big sticking point. Just my :twocents:

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I just sold my keltec Pf9 for the sole reason that I went to a .357 SP101 to have the same round in my CCW as my full size Python. The Keltec pf9 was the best, small package carry semi I ever owned.

browncat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Browncat: I'm diggin the OD frame. Are those factory sights that have been
    painted or are they replacement ones?

Factory originals, in the beginning they looked like this:
    p1010104.jpg

The new phosphorescent semi square is applied over the sights, this helps to add a new dimension to them as it is easier to center the front dot correctly inside the square, rather than lining up three dots.
    Another thing is, the applied self adhesive has the same shape as the notch on the rear sight so it tightens your control over the front sight and the target.
    Here a similar example on a 40 S&W hi point ghost ring
    p1010089.jpg

Top Bottom