• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Not exactly. The security director at the WTC knew it was vulnerable from the basement (first attack) and the air (9/11). The basement issue was fixed after the first attack. What are you supposed to do about a possible airborne attack?

My attempt at the quote was not meant to be literally interpreted as stopping airborne attacks. My point was intended to mean; if we do not attempt to imagine how things can be done or understand the various scenarios that can occur, we fail to plan accordingly. There's another saying to the effect; if you can imagine it, you can create it. Re-phrasing this; If you can see it happening, you can plan for it. That's where I was going with this.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    But my wife has a mild case of heart disease, and I wonder where we'll get her meds if the disaster happens at the end of the 90 day supply we are limited to! :dunno:

Ever consider telling the Dr her Meds were stolen from your car after you had them filled and made a stop at the local quickie mart? I would only try that once with a Med you need the most. It would give you a 6 month supply but you would have to make sure you followed first in first out with them. I don't really promote or approve of lying but if it's to save a life I would.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ever consider telling the Dr her Meds were stolen from your car after you had them filled and made a stop at the local quickie mart? I would only try that once with a Med you need the most. It would give you a 6 month supply but you would have to make sure you followed first in first out with them. I don't really promote or approve of lying but if it's to save a life I would.
    That thought has crossed my mind. I need to research the shelf life of some meds. I know Nitro has a short span, but Plavix and stuff like that I don't know. Going for my Physical soon, gonna ask the family Dr what he suggests.
    BTW any one ever seen Diesel Gens? Would like to check them out cause you could run them on French fry waste, in a long term situation one could scavange a lot of used cooking oil.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    That thought has crossed my mind. I need to research the shelf life of some meds. I know Nitro has a short span, but Plavix and stuff like that I don't know. Going for my Physical soon, gonna ask the family Dr what he suggests.

Don't know if this helps much but my wife is a Paramedic on a Advance Life Support truck. After talking to her and a little checking, all the meds on her truck have a life span on 6 - 12 months provided they are not exposed to direct sun light for long periods of time and are not left in high temps (90 degress +) over periods of time.

Nitro might be a problem if it expires 6 months from the date of manufacture.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    So I was messing around with two of the BOB's the other day and the Red Cross comercial that shows an earth quake or something and a guy grabing a bag and leaving with his family came on....... that freaked me out haha.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom