• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    well, the good news is that they're unprepared so they might be unarmed too.

could be worse. they could be unprepared AND want to kill you for your provisions.

i have a hunch that polite society will win.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I wish more people would do more to be prepared. I wonder how many of the 42% of households that do nothing, are on government of some type already?

I bet it's more than 42% of the 42%! They keep thinking the government is going to come in and rescue them...we've seen how efficient that's been, and yet the thought is that it's never gonna happen to me...:dunno:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    All that tells me is that when 75% of the 93% of the unprepared die of dehydration within the first week there will be less people fighting over what is left.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    All that tells me is that when 75% of the 93% of the unprepared die of dehydration within the first week there will be less people fighting over what is left.

If that were only true. The 75% that will die will be the 75% that had no fight in them to begin with. The 25% left will be the ones that you'll have to be prepared to kill because they will damn sure bring the fight to you (after stealing all the TVs, FUBUs, etc).

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The ones who are not preparing are not the ones that will be coming to get your stuff, and are not who you will have to fight. It will be the police or National Guard, after the failures realize they are going to starve or freeze to death band together and pass laws requiring equal redistribution of vital items.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    The ones who are not preparing are not the ones that will be coming to get your stuff, and are not who you will have to fight. It will be the police or National Guard, after the failures realize they are going to starve or freeze to death band together and pass laws requiring equal redistribution of vital items.

The Guard at the least has so many MRE's that a few thousand get trashed and they don't even notice that they are missing.........

Only the not so smart people post or talk about what they have..... what you have can't be taken if nobody knows about it so that takes care of your last problem.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The Guard at the least has so many MRE's that a few thousand get trashed and they don't even notice that they are missing.........

Only the not so smart people post or talk about what they have..... what you have can't be taken if nobody knows about it so that takes care of your last problem.

Posting is only part of the problem. Have Bob Numbnuts and his lovely wife, Ditzy, over for dinner one night, show them around the house, they take note of all the canned food you've got, or the neighbors notice that you never seem to be without lights during a power outtage, and they'll be blabbing "Joe has supplies, we've seen 'em! It's not right that they hog everything! We've all got a right to eat!"

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    What's that statement someone said after 9-11? It was a failure of imagination that allowed this to happen. Or something to that effect...

Not exactly. The security director at the WTC knew it was vulnerable from the basement (first attack) and the air (9/11). The basement issue was fixed after the first attack. What are you supposed to do about a possible airborne attack?

There has been a rise in the number of people who prep and my guess is while the number of those who do is still low, it might be more than we think. I imagine certain areas have higher concentrations of people who do prepare which might be something to consider in our own areas.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Posting is only part of the problem. Have Bob Numbnuts and his lovely wife, Ditzy, over for dinner one night, show them around the house, they take note of all the canned food you've got, or the neighbors notice that you never seem to be without lights during a power outtage, and they'll be blabbing "Joe has supplies, we've seen 'em! It's not right that they hog everything! We've all got a right to eat!"

My own family does not even know everything I have or it's locations..... when friends come over everything is allready out of sight so I don't worry about that.........

On the generator and lights......... if you have the lights on at night then you are just asking for trouble...... not to mention having a loud generator runing......

If I was worried about what they might do my family and I would end up vanashing one day.

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    You have to keep one thing in mind.
    Preparing takes cash.
    You have to be willing to spend money on things you may or may not need in the future.

There is a good portion of the population that has trouble getting by from week to week.
    Their cell phone plan is more important than the future.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    My own family does not even know everything I have or it's locations..... when friends come over everything is allready out of sight so I don't worry about that.........

On the generator and lights......... if you have the lights on at night then you are just asking for trouble...... not to mention having a loud generator runing......

If I was worried about what they might do my family and I would end up vanashing one day.

lights are not even necessary. i wouldnt waste my fuel on lights.

the sound of the generator can be fixed easily, also the exaust needs vented.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    lights are not even necessary. i wouldnt waste my fuel on lights.

the sound of the generator can be fixed easily, also the exaust needs vented.

Agreed on the lights.... what I was trying to get at.... agreed on the generator... if you know what you are doing..... and don't get yourself killed or burn down your house in the process:laugh:.

Preparing takes cash.
    You have to be willing to spend money on things you may or may not need in the future.

There is a good portion of the population that has trouble getting by from week to week.

It does not take as much cash as people think..... I have found good deals over the years and could survive fairly well in my opinion.... there are others though that would do better with far less because of training that they have.

It takes more brain power and the will to live then it does money......

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Preparing takes cash.

That's the problem in a nutshell, plus the welfare nanny state that has been created. Ive got the guns and ammo down pat, getting a new generator soon, moving up to 8000 watts, just need to get better prepared in the food and medical area. Which worries me cause you can only get so much prescription meds at a time. Fortunatly every thing I'm taking is not life critical. But my wife has a mild case of heart disease, and I wonder where we'll get her meds if the disaster happens at the end of the 90 day supply we are limited to! :dunno:

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    It takes more brain power and the will to live then it does money......

I think it takes both.....
    I have bought items slowly and as I could afford them.
    Generator,Extension cords, shotgun, ammo, food, water, batteries.
    Now I am working on planning.

But you have to remember, some folks rent their furniture.
    They are not willing to give up any cash, or put forth any effort, for the future.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Preparing takes cash.

I have to disagree with you here. A family who gets by on very little will have an easier time adjusting to being without than those who live every day with a lot of accessories. When I was young we did not have a pot to **** in but we got by fine and I never knew the difference. Today, I have my trusty PS3, LCD TV, laptop, and various other toys that are my everyday needs but I hope to be able to survive without:D Finally, you can find a lot of necessary items for little or no money at yard sales and left over items you use everyday like tin cans and soda cans for candles and stoves.:twocents:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Heck, generator? lights? Electricity? Gasoline? You'd better forget anything that requires either electricity or gas. Both will be non-existent. I have human operated devices to replace everything that requires gas or electricity. Once I feel reasonably comfortable that I have all of the bases covered Imight look into solar for a few electrical niceties.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I think it takes both.....
    I have bought items slowly and as I could afford them.
    Generator,Extension cords, shotgun, ammo, food, water, batteries.
    Now I am working on planning.

But you have to remember, some folks rent their furniture.
    They are not willing to give up any cash, or put forth any effort, for the future.

For example you can stay fairly warm outside and night even if you don't have a sleeping bag........ are they nice yes but you don't have to have it... you can make your own with nature if you had to.

Yes buying a few things does save time and make life easier.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Heck, generator? lights? Electricity? Gasoline? You'd better forget anything that requires either electricity or gas. Both will be non-existent. I have human operated devices to replace everything that requires gas or electricity. Once I feel reasonably comfortable that I have all of the bases covered Imight look into solar for a few electrical niceties.

for sure.

when I talk about generators its mostly related to a short SHTF incident.

if its TEOTWAWKI then im getting the heck out of dodge.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom