• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I think its great, would hate to be on the other side though dealing with all the paper work coming in. Wonder how long it will take for the first person to get theirs in.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I think its great, would hate to be on the other side though dealing with all the paper work coming in. Wonder how long it will take for the first person to get theirs in.
    It only took one day but those were dropped off in person on 11/1, not mailed in. They have to process them within 45 days. Any received after 12/1 the turn around is 21 days.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    An interesting link from that article was one about WI churches and how the new CC law affects them and their parishoners. Normally, I would not reference something about any specific church, and this is no exception. The point I'm referencing is the last sentence in the article here: Churches Weigh In On Concealed Carry Law - Madison News Story - WISC Madison

(Background: The bishop of the Catholic diocese made the comment that he's recommending that local churches forbid guns from the property, but, and this is the important part, he's not requiring them to do so. Personally, I see this as a positive stance. He's covering his posterior in the event something happens, but he's still leaving the option open.) In addition, the last sentence of the article reports that the insurance co. for the Church has issued a ruling that a decision on the part of the local church to prohibit or not prohibit guns "will not impact the liability protection."

This is a rather huge statement. In essence, anyone whose insurance co. does try to force them to do so can point to this as precedent (non-binding, of course) that it's not necessary nor even advisable to forbid the presence of an object.

BoR's analysis: WIN!

Blessings,
    Bill

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom