• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Wisconsin has a lot of bars and a lot of cheese, a few crowded cities and a whole bunch of cows. They have some nice wooded areas up north too. They also have a place called: Bong Recreation Area. :laugh:

Hopefully those who decide to carry aren't constipated (from the cheese) or leaving a bar intoxicated or visiting the "Bong Recreation Area" too often. :D

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    So.....they suspended the 4 hour training requirement. Does this mean that they will recognize Indiana's LTCH? One can only hope.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    "I don't know why on Earth this committee would want to jeopardize public health and public safety by doing this," Taylor said.

Don't believe their has been mass killings in Indiana........?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So.....they suspended the 4 hour training requirement. Does this mean that they will recognize Indiana's LTCH? One can only hope.

I would bet not, at least not now. The stated issue was not training but a difference in our background check. We are not checked with a federal database when we apply for a LTCH, only the state. (we are checked against federal when we buy guns at retail, just as everyone is.)

The difference in our LTCH background check, however, is presently seen as substantially different from theirs, or so it appears.

Of note, one of our members here who is an attorney has voiced a different opinion, that the determination of which state is and is not recognized is political and random. I've laid out my reasoning in another thread why I disagree with him, however, I think perhaps he's not seen that to reply to it. I acknowledge that he may be correct, but the evidence I found seems to me to indicate otherwise. I think it only fair to state that there are different opinions on this point.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think it would be fair to say that there is always a chance. Not sure how good a chance, but a chance nonetheless.

The removal of the training requirement is a positive step.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom