• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    In regards to PSA being hit or miss on quality, I don't think that's regarding all of their products. For example, their premium uppers are pretty highly regarded and they have a good reputation of quality for plenty of their mil spec stuff.

however, they do sell some stuff that could be a crap shoot. An example would be some of the non mil spec stuff, or some of the p-tac stuff they sell.

PSA sells a pretty wide range of stuff. Some high quality, and some lower quality. They really try to go for the entire market range. You just have to do your research and know what you're buying (as with anything).

dp665

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    go ar. psa magpul lower 180 plus 348 for upper with bolt and fn barrel. around 550ish and you have a milspec ar.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No BUS, No magazine..........missing some things. How is it going to shoot with no mags or sights?;)

Single shot and point shoot, like the pros.

Anyway, $40 gets you a p-mag and rear sight. Still cheaper.

I'm very happy with my PSA build, but some folks want the brand name cache, don't want to wait for weeks for PSA to ship, or are already planning on selling instead of using. For them, an extra $150 or so to get the Colt is probably worth it. For someone who wants to be able to customize cheaper but still have a quality rifle, time isn't a primary concern, and isn't worried about the logo or name on the side of the lower, $150 is likely not worth it.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have a CHF PSA upper along with 2 Noveske uppers(1 CHF, 1 SS) and another Noveske-barreled(CHF) upper. Yes, the Noveske's will outshoot the PSA as I have shot them side by side. They both have the "same" CHF barrels so why does the Noveske shoot better??? In lies the secret. If people have never owned or shot a Noveske, then I guess they would never understand. YMMV:ingo:(No purple intended)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I have a CHF PSA upper along with 2 Noveske uppers(1 CHF, 1 SS) and another Noveske-barreled(CHF) upper. Yes, the Noveske's will outshoot the PSA as I have shot them side by side. They both have the "same" CHF barrels so why does the Noveske shoot better??? In lies the secret. If people have never owned or shot a Noveske, then I guess they would never understand. YMMV:ingo:(No purple intended)

Same barrels in the Noveske CHF and PSA CHF? I don't buy the Noveske being more accurate with just an upper receiver swap. Are you running a free float tube on the Noveske, and a non floating handguard on the PSA? Too many variables, but a Noveske receiver isn't going to shoot better than a PSA receiver on it's own. There's something else gong on component wise.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Same barrels in the Noveske CHF and PSA CHF? I don't buy the Noveske being more accurate with just an upper receiver swap. Are you running a free float tube on the Noveske, and a non floating handguard on the PSA? Too many variables, but a Noveske receiver isn't going to shoot better than a PSA receiver on it's own. There's something else gong on component wise.

Both are non-free float. Noveske barrels are just more accurate. Hard to believe if you have never shot one. I didn't believe the hype either until I owned one. There is a reason why John built up the reputation he did for his barrels.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Noveske barrels are just more accurate.

No argument there. A Noveske barrel is on another level (not that a PSA CHF is bad at all), and it's one of the components that actually affects accuracy.

My comments earlier were regarding receivers only. Some people get too caught up on what's stamped on the receiver when they should be concerned about components that actually affect performance.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    No argument there. A Noveske barrel is on another level (not that a PSA CHF is bad at all), and it's one of the components that actually affects accuracy.

My comments earlier were regarding receivers only. Some people get too caught up on what's stamped on the receiver when they should be concerned about components that actually affect performance.

No worries. If anyone thinks otherwise, I have the land to prove it.:ingo: I just bought a house w/15 acres so I have more than enough room to stretch out a 500yd range and then some. I actually have a 1,000yd range lined up.:) I just laugh at people who have no experience with a said product say there is "no difference" between them. I watch AR threads become nothing but misinformation on this site all the time. If anybody wants real AR info, please go over to M4carbine.net and not AR15.com............

Top Bottom