• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sm0keydaBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    United States
    Do you know how long the AR15/M16 have been around WITHOUT being piston driven? Ive never even owned a piston driven AR and mysteriously the direct impingment ones that I have/had have never had any gas related failures. :dunno:

Yes I understand they have been around for a while, but it's not every day that you find them. I'm into the piston-driven style because I think it would work better from a blueprint perspective. Yes, I have not ever had a misfeed on the direct gas style, but I do prefer the piston style.

vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    I put this one together a few months back. I bought the complete upper on GB. Hardened Arms with a 16" stainless barrel with a 1/10 twist. YHM rail. The lower came from PSA and the mags are 28 rounders from C Products. I've put about 200 rounds through it without any problems at all. It's shoots great.

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    I put this one together a few months back. I bought the complete upper on GB. Hardened Arms with a 16" stainless barrel with a 1/10 twist. YHM rail. The lower came from PSA and the mags are 28 rounders from C Products. I've put about 200 rounds through it without any problems at all. It's shoots great.

That is a great looking rifle, :), happy shooting!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Yes I understand they have been around for a while, but it's not every day that you find them. I'm into the piston-driven style because I think it would work better from a blueprint perspective. Yes, I have not ever had a misfeed on the direct gas style, but I do prefer the piston style.

Thanks Alot! I am now dumber just for reading your paragraph there! :n00b:

band·wag·on

The general rule is that conduct or beliefs spread among people, as fads and trends clearly do, with "the probability of any individual adopting it increasing with the proportion who have already done so".[SUP][1][/SUP] As more people come to believe in something, others also "hop on the bandwagon"

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    Buy a Hydra. the modular lower allows the use of AK magazines in the magazine well. the rifle will feed from a natural magazine meant for the round. ive never seen any 7.62x39 ar magazines that worked well enough beyond range toys that mis feed and jam. The hydras never skip a beat because they feed from the natural mag. they are a bit pricier but over all....10x more reliable than Franken-ar-steins.

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    Buy a Hydra. the modular lower allows the use of AK magazines in the magazine well. the rifle will feed from a natural magazine meant for the round. ive never seen any 7.62x39 ar magazines that worked well enough beyond range toys that mis feed and jam. The hydras never skip a beat because they feed from the natural mag. they are a bit pricier but over all....10x more reliable than Franken-ar-steins.[/QUOTE

I thought about it but I was trying to keep the costs as low as possible. With a little tweeking the ASC mags seem to be working great. Have about 200 rounds of mixed steel case ammo through it so far without a hiccup. Quite happy with it so far.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    Buy a Hydra. the modular lower allows the use of AK magazines in the magazine well. the rifle will feed from a natural magazine meant for the round. ive never seen any 7.62x39 ar magazines that worked well enough beyond range toys that mis feed and jam. The hydras never skip a beat because they feed from the natural mag. they are a bit pricier but over all....10x more reliable than Franken-ar-steins.
    unfortunately there kinda hard to find. cool gun though.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    I'm glad your getting it ironed out. If you end up liking it, I'd highly recommend picking up an AK. Magazines are dirt cheap, and you won't find anything out there to be more reliable.

where? because magpul ar15 mags are $12-15 now and the cheapest you can find ak mags (that legit work) are $20 for new Chinese and sometimes old used eastern Europe mags, most ak mags are $20-30 now

vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy

I've not had one issue with the C Products 28 round mags in mine. They run great.

paddywonka

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    My friend's had issues only with his magazines (only 4 or five rounds then a failure to feed). The gun ran and shot great otherwise.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    where? because magpul ar15 mags are $12-15 now and the cheapest you can find ak mags (that legit work) are $20 for new Chinese and sometimes old used eastern Europe mags, most ak mags are $20-30 now

I'm not sure where your shopping. Here's close to thousand in stock (with more on order) for $10
    New Steel 30 Round AK-47 Magazines.
    The ((10)) waffles are pretty pricey nowadays, but steel Eastern European surplus ones are abundant almost everywhere and cheap. And if your a PMAG fan, they're available for the AK now.
    http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG572/PMAG

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    I'm not sure where your shopping. Here's close to thousand in stock (with more on order) for $10
    New Steel 30 Round AK-47 Magazines.
    The ((10)) waffles are pretty pricey nowadays, but steel Eastern European surplus ones are abundant almost everywhere and cheap. And if your a PMAG fan, they're available for the AK now.
    PMAG® MAGAZINES - PMAG® 30 AK/AKM MOE®, 7.62x39 Magazine

those are the new junk mags that dont work like the euro mags and chinese surplus mags.

while magpul makes them, they are not "avaliable" anywhere, they still have not made enough to keep up with demand (which is everyone) so they always sell out fast, if you can even find them anywhere.

$20 is about the best price i can find for steel surplus commie block mags. and then when you look for bakalite mags they almost double in price. the days of cheap AKs are over boys... $20 mags, $600+ rifles and $.15-.25 a round prices have killed it. AK74 was the only thing besides .22 and shotguns you could shoot cheap, and that **** is over now.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    the first link he posted to One Source Tactical is for steel AK mags, listed as new from various sources, for $10.

those are the new junk mags that dont work like the euro mags and chinese surplus mags.

while magpul makes them, they are not "avaliable" anywhere, they still have not made enough to keep up with demand (which is everyone) so they always sell out fast, if you can even find them anywhere.

$20 is about the best price i can find for steel surplus commie block mags. and then when you look for bakalite mags they almost double in price. the days of cheap AKs are over boys... $20 mags, $600+ rifles and $.15-.25 a round prices have killed it. AK74 was the only thing besides .22 and shotguns you could shoot cheap, and that **** is over now.

Top Bottom