• ...and so much more!
  • spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Crowded!

Man was it ever crowded today. I went on the same day as last year and it was worse this year for sure. We took one lap through the deer/turkey expo and regretted that about 2 minutes into it; no turning back though. Walked by the wall of deer and then right out the door. Didn't make it back to the quiet sports area. Picked up some tubes, hooks, grubs and culprits to get ready for largemouths. I think I only counted 3 Lake Erie charters and all cost more than the 2 I have already looked at online. I think if I go back next year I'm going to skip the deer/turkey part and go either during the week or wait for the following weekend. Still can't get over how crowded it was. You would've thought there was a gun show going on (pre-Obama gun show).

B6240

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Central IN
    It was more packed than I have ever seen. It was my first time back in a few years. My wife, kids, and me went up and down the aisles that were passable in the deer and turkey expo it was just to busy for the kids they are 3 and 5. We went and looked at campers and had a great time climbing in all of them they could.

c604

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgantown
    The croud is exactly why I dont go. I went 3 years ago and couldnt see anything because of elbow to elbow people. Then there was all the crop dusting and sharting, just not a fun time. Instead I have been going to bass pro in clarksville. Its perfect because everyone is in indy and no crouds. Just wish cabelas would open in louisville so I can go there also.

Clay319

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Boone County
    If you go and have an interest in fishing stop by Ballistic Baits in Tackle Town. These are lures made from ammo components. They seem to catch fish and are interesting besides. A great gift idea? It is a local guy trying to get started so help him out. Tell him you heard about it on INGO.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Went yesterday with the wife. Had a good time. Tons of boats and tackle. The RV's were disappointing. Lots of trailers but less that 5 motor coaches. Overall, a good show.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    If you go and have an interest in fishing stop by Ballistic Baits in Tackle Town. These are lures made from ammo components. They seem to catch fish and are interesting besides. A great gift idea? It is a local guy trying to get started so help him out. Tell him you heard about it on INGO.

Crap. Would've liked to have picked some up. Looked for him last year and didn't find him. Didn't even know he was there this year.

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I went today after the gun show at Stout Field. It was pretty crowded, but I really enjoyed it. I went to see Jason Bruce talk about coyote hunting. That was worth the trip.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I went today, Sunday, and I saw no difference in the amount of people. What I did notice is less booths. Since the Pepsi coliseum is closed those venders were placed elsewhere yet I didn't see any additional space opened up so I would guess that there are 100 less venders than last year.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    it's events like these when I wish I had an INGO hat...

But, sadly, I don't wear hats. :D

I had my INGO hat on and walked all over on Saturday. Didn't even get a glance.

spotted a gent CC there yesterday. didnt try to hard to carry deep either:rolleyes:

I CC'ed there yesterday and I never deep conceal. I don't really care if someone sees my carry gun.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I had my INGO hat on and walked all over on Saturday. Didn't even get a glance.

I CC'ed there yesterday and I never deep conceal. I don't really care if someone sees my carry gun.

Were folks expected to look up, or down, to spot the hat ? ;)

(don't know how tall you are compared to the avg show attendee)

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I took the fiancé on Sunday morning. It was crowded for sure but still had a good time looking around. The tackle town seemed a bit smaller than normal, but it's been a few years since I was last there. Lots of boats to drool over.

She is showing some interest in a pull behind camper so we spent a bit of time walking through a BUNCH of them. That's not exactly what I consider camping, but hey, whatever it takes to get her out there!! She likes the idea of her own mini toilet, and mini shower. And AC.

Now time to do a little RV research!!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Were folks expected to look up, or down, to spot the hat ? ;)

(don't know how tall you are compared to the avg show attendee)

I also sloppy conceal, so it was pretty obvious I was carrying.

I did get yelled at by an old guy guarding a side door. Well, I say "guarding", but he was 75 feet away and two aisles down. I poked my head through a side door because I was trying to get my bearings. He comes running after me screaming "NO NO NO!" When he finally got back to me, I said "I was just trying to figure out where we were." His response: "I could have TOLD you that. You didn't have to open my door!" So, I guess I should have known that some old guy 75 feet away in a packed room was the guy to ask for directions rather than simply poke my head out of a door 18 inches from where I was standing. :dunno:

Top Bottom