• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, there's the mountain of physical evidence, timelines, and witness accounts. Other than that, nobody can say with any certainty what actually happened.

None of that information addresses who started the altercation (which is the most important piece). Are you prepared to say with any certainty that you know how the scuffle started?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Dang. Didn't redact soon enough.

Nope. And to answer the redacted question.... whose generosity should one rely? People get into altercations to subdue the other party. Are you willing, to be subdued? It works both ways, both Martin AND Zimmerman may have had the right to employ deadly force. We simply don't know who had the "right" of it.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    It has nothing to do with him defending himself. Kudos to him for doing so. I label him as a scumbag for selling the gun to profit and gain more media attention for himself. Why didnt he sell his bloody clothes too? Im sure some sicko would buy them.The left wing media will have a heyday with this. Once again putting responsible gun owners in a bad light.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    None of that information addresses who started the altercation (which is the most important piece). Are you prepared to say with any certainty that you know how the scuffle started?

We do know some things:

1. We know that Zimmerman had no clue where Martin was, from the time before he exited his vehicle until the end of his NEN call
    2. We know that Zimmerman never left the north-south vicinity of he sidewalk "T" where the altercation started
    3. We know that Martin did leave that vicinity, and in fact was some 400 feet south of that vicinity, before returning to that vicinity, prior to the altercation
    4. We know that the location of physical evidence (especially Zimmerman's keychain/flashlight) implies that Zimmerman was surprised
    5. We know that Martin sustained no injuries other than the fatal gunshot wound, and showed no signs of a defensive struggle
    6. We know that Martin used otherwise unlawful force against Zimmerman, including punching him, taking him to the ground, mounting him, and continuing to punch him and to pound his head into the ground
    7. We know that witnesses saw Martin using this force against Zimmerman
    8. We know that no witnesses saw Zimmerman use force against Martin

100% of the evidence corroborates Zimmerman acting in self-defense against a physical assault. 0% of the evidence corroborates Zimmerman using (much less, initiating) force against Martin.

This is just about as open-and-shut as a self-defense case can get.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Has the auction been pulled? I just got this:

Please review the following problem(s):

Sorry, but the item you have requested is no longer in the system.

If you would like to search for items you may use the search box above or you may go to our home page.
    If you are unable to resolve this problem, please contact Customer Support.
    Please include the entire error message in your report.​

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Has the auction been pulled? I just got this:

Please review the following problem(s):

Sorry, but the item you have requested is no longer in the system.

If you would like to search for items you may use the search box above or you may go to our home page.
    If you are unable to resolve this problem, please contact Customer Support.
    Please include the entire error message in your report.​

Yes it got pulled at 11.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We do know some things:

1. We know that Zimmerman had no clue where Martin was, from the time before he exited his vehicle until the end of his NEN call
    2. We know that Zimmerman never left the north-south vicinity of he sidewalk "T" where the altercation started
    3. We know that Martin did leave that vicinity, and in fact was some 400 feet south of that vicinity, before returning to that vicinity, prior to the altercation
    4. We know that the location of physical evidence (especially Zimmerman's keychain/flashlight) implies that Zimmerman was surprised
    5. We know that Martin sustained no injuries other than the fatal gunshot wound, and showed no signs of a defensive struggle
    6. We know that Martin used otherwise unlawful force against Zimmerman, including punching him, taking him to the ground, mounting him, and continuing to punch him and to pound his head into the ground
    7. We know that witnesses saw Martin using this force against Zimmerman
    8. We know that no witnesses saw Zimmerman use force against Martin

100% of the evidence corroborates Zimmerman acting in self-defense against a physical assault. 0% of the evidence corroborates Zimmerman using (much less, initiating) force against Martin.

This is just about as open-and-shut as a self-defense case can get.

Oh, nevermind. This has been debated ad naseum. I will simply let people have their own beliefs. We'll never know.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Awe crap.....not this debate again....................:popcorn:

I guess I would ask has anyone changed their mind on this in light of all that has happened since...???

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Awe crap.....not this debate again....................:popcorn:

I guess I would ask has anyone changed their mind on this in light of all that has happened since...???
    I still think, going by the evidence presented at trial, that it was most likely a good shoot. I have been 100% convinced, however, that Mr. Zimmerman is a raging moron, and most certainly was BEFORE the shooting. Someone with a brain would probably work a little harder toward staying OUT of the headlines. Even still, morons have the right to defend themselves.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So when I win this auction, I will have a day at the range to allow others to pull the trigger at a target with a hoodie draped over it.

After a summer at white supremacist camps, I will come out ahead

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom