• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    This wouldn't have happened if do-gooders didn't impose their will upon others (i.e. banning drug use).

People have the right to do to their bodies as they wish, and anyone getting hurt interfering with that right will get no sympathy from me. :twocents:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    This wouldn't have happened if do-gooders didn't impose their will upon others (i.e. banning drug use).

People have the right to do to their bodies as they wish, and anyone getting hurt interfering with that right will get no sympathy from me. :twocents:

No, 5 officers were shot and one killed imposing the laws that were set up dating back to our forefathers. Judeo-Christian values that law abiding citizens respect. The same laws that allows 2 admendment rights to be upheld. The will of the citizens to say that drug usage and its' sales is wrong.

The families of these officers have my respect and my prayers.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Regardless of how you feel about the "War on Drugs" this is a tragedy. Those Officers don't make the laws. They are doing their duty as they see it. I may support changing the laws but I will never celebrate the loss of someone willing to sacrifice in the service of others.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Isn't it a little early in the morning to be Trolling? Maybe your purple broke.

I've beat the living crap out of guys just for trying to sell me drugs on the streets while growing up, including "roids". They are not only poisoning the users, but our society as a whole.

To NOT get involved make us all an accomplice to mass murder. :xmad:

Drugs in general were meant to help people as medicines but of course there are some that will abuse drugs, making these individuals dangerous to themselves and all of us around them .

Most people that defend the abuse of drugs, including alcohol, are usually abusers themselves.

Regardless of what law is in place prohibiting the use and moderation of any drug, some people will abuse them either way. The issue here isn't the laws, but that some people have NO Common Sense at all.

These officers were doing their job and unfortunately got hurt and killed in the process. Prayers go out to them and their families.

You could turn this around and say that the BGs were just doing their jobs and got hurt and killed in the process. Do prayers go out to them and their families? Of course. Just a different kind of prayer. :rolleyes:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I have views on certain things that rub people the wrong way but I don't think I would dance in someone's fresh blood to make my point. It's bad manners.

God bless those hurting this morning.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I don't think the "drug laws" go back to our forefathers. More like the LB Johnson era I think. :dunno:

-Jedi
    No, but our forefathers set up the basis that all of our laws (past, present and future) are established. They have given the congress the right to set up laws as the need arises. Yes, the war on drugs was set up by LBJ and congress has established laws to enforce it. Yes, drugs consume a large part of every policeman's daily patrol. I don't think that are too many people here that have had a weapon pulled on them because someone is protecting their "stash".

I would be reasonably sure that the Chief of Police killed would like to argue with people how drugs have influenced his community.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    My Thoughts go out to the officers and their families.

For those that have "trolled" in this thread why dont you start a new thread about your disdain for drug laws?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Very sad, indeed. Is it just me or does anyone else feel that these "raids" are, for the most part, unnecessary in aprehending these drug suspects? The same goes for suspects of other crimes, too.

I don't undestand why they feel a need for a surprise raid when they can just arrest them at Wal Mart or the gas station.

I feel it puts LEO's at risk when it isn't needed. They have risky enough occupations, so why compound the risk?

I just don't get it. Someone please enlighten me.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    My Thoughts go out to the officers and their families.

For those that have "trolled" in this thread why dont you start a new thread about your disdain for drug laws?

They're busy getting high...give them a minute...geeze.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What drugs were they looking for and what did they find?
    According to the story, the guy had been popped for anabolic steroids previously. I would guess that that may well have been the case this time. Totally ridiculous if it was. Dying so some weight lifter wouldn't put on a few more pounds? Sheesh.

Edit: Checked a couple of other versions of this story and there's only mention that he'd been busted for the steroids previously. No mention that they've found any drugs this time. Sad that this had to happen, but all too predictable given the past history of raids.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    RIP brother. Great respect for that chief, what a heroic leader. Thoughts and prayers with the injured officers.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    According to the story, the guy had been popped for anabolic steroids previously. I would guess that that may well have been the case this time. Totally ridiculous if it was. Dying so some weight lifter wouldn't put on a few more pounds? Sheesh.

Edit: Checked a couple of other versions of this story and there's only mention that he'd been busted for the steroids previously. No mention that they've found any drugs this time. Sad that this had to happen, but all too predictable given the past history of raids.

Yeah, I saw no mention of any drugs found, just about he was popped for roids before.

If nothing was found, could this raid be considered unlawful entry (regardless of anyone's personal views about raids)?

Top Bottom