• ...and so much more!
  • el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany
    I can see the 9 vs 45 analogy to 5.7 vs 9 and 5.7 being adequate with proper loads... that cost dollars per round and have to be ordered.

Almost zero mechanical accuracy difference at ranges shooting someone is justified. Statistically, 17 rounds vs 20 rounds is irrelevant since the vast majority of SD action doesn't use half that. Plus, as mentioned and as the saying goes, every bullet comes with a lawyer. That's also assuming it doesn't take those extra 3 rounds to stop the perp because you didn't buy the dollars-per-round fancy ammo.

I get it, it's a cool gun and round but you're building a roundabout straw man case to justify it.
    Idk man I can justify it pretty easily when you realize I'm only worried Abt decepticons

el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany
    A
    I can see the 9 vs 45 analogy to 5.7 vs 9 and 5.7 being adequate with proper loads... that cost dollars per round and have to be ordered.

Almost zero mechanical accuracy difference at ranges shooting someone is justified. Statistically, 17 rounds vs 20 rounds is irrelevant since the vast majority of SD action doesn't use half that. Plus, as mentioned and as the saying goes, every bullet comes with a lawyer. That's also assuming it doesn't take those extra 3 rounds to stop the perp because you didn't buy the dollars-per-round fancy ammo.

I get it, it's a cool gun and round but you're building a roundabout straw man case to justify it.
    Also not a straw man, read the whole thread

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Also not a straw man, read the whole thread
    Idk man I can justify it pretty easily when you realize I'm only worried Abt decepticons
    FYI you can multi-quote so you don't have to reply to each person individually.

I've been watching it, participated several times. I saw one, just one proponent (If you can call it that) and it was conditional. Not many are for carrying 5.7, Lots of valid reasons why not. All of your arguments for it have been addressed. Not a straw purchase, a straw argument: thin, flimsy, easily blown away. You're bending over backwards to find exceptions to justify diverging from conventional wisdom. It's a cool gun, you've got it, carry if you like, enjoy yourself because statistically you probably won't need it anyway. Just don't get upset with everyone else for being logical.

As for Decepticons, 5.7s only rated for what, class 3 armor. Since the autobots spend half a movie lobbing person-size munitions at them with little effect you might want to up the ante.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I mean what does BBI know about ballistics?

It's not like he was a regular Polizei then a detective now a LT in charge of crap.
    It would be different if BBI had investigated hundreds of shootings.

@ditcherman wears a fanny pack (man purse) I think he has a "man bun as well"
    WT actual H?

Show us on the dolly where 5.7 touched you inappropriately.
    Oh, you can’t, because when 5.7 touches you that part is GONE.

el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany
    FYI you can multi-quote so you don't have to reply to each person individually.

I've been watching it, participated several times. I saw one, just one proponent (If you can call it that) and it was conditional. Not many are for carrying 5.7, Lots of valid reasons why not. All of your arguments for it have been addressed. Not a straw purchase, a straw argument: thin, flimsy, easily blown away. You're bending over backwards to find exceptions to justify diverging from conventional wisdom. It's a cool gun, you've got it, carry if you like, enjoy yourself because statistically you probably won't need it anyway. Just don't get upset with everyone else for being logical.

As for Decepticons, 5.7s only rated for what, class 3 armor. Since the autobots spend half a movie lobbing person-size munitions at them with little effect you might want to up the ante.
    I understand what a straw argument is, the statement I made was relating to the proven science of having confidence in the firearm your carrying, sorry you misinterpreted it but my mindset is subjective and that's what I was explaining

Top Bottom