• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And Neil Armstrong became the first Earthman to set foot on the moon. I still remember watching the footage of that landing and the first step. And the pictures that came afterwards were truly spectacular. Can't wait till we go back to the moon. We're long overdue for a city on the lunar surface.

http://www.weather.com/science/news/apollo-11-anniversary-rare-photos

The Cronkite interviews with Robert Heinlein and Arthur C. Clarke on Apollo 11.

[video=youtube_share;xMAmk5Rp1tk]http://youtu.be/xMAmk5Rp1tk[/video]

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    090719-fake-moon-landing.jpg

:):

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I was 8 and had hay fever so bad my eyes were swelled shut, told my sister just before he gets to end of ladder to tell me. I was about 3' from the TV, forced my eyes open with my fingers and saw it…..awesome, miserable and unforgettable.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I remember sitting in front of a snowy b&w tv at grandmas house watching this. Funny how the petty crap is so easily forgotten, fortunate really since so much petty crap seems to get all the media attention nowadays. Chloe had a nip slip, Bruce is now . . . .what's he calling himself now, Anita? Bring back the old days where the whole country was more or less on the same page.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I remember both the liftoff from Earth and the moon landing. Simply awesome! I think that is what started my love of science fiction .

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    The first man to set foot on the moon, Armstrong, and the last to lift his from it, Cernan, were both Indiana educated, Purdue alumni.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    The first news paper article I ever read was the Apollo 1 Flashfire.It was very sad.I remember sitting with my father watching the B/W for 11. I got to see Apollo 15 at Wright Patterson.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wish Buzz was the first one, instead of Neil. Buzz does so much more for the space program than Neil. Neil is kinda a recluse and rarely spoke of the landing. Plus, I like the way Buzz beats down hecklers!

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I wish Buzz was the first one, instead of Neil. Buzz does so much more for the space program than Neil. Neil is kinda a recluse and rarely spoke of the landing. Plus, I like the way Buzz beats down hecklers!

Ummm...Neil Armstrong doesn't do anything for the space program because he died in 2012. He did plenty prior to his death.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    This.

I got to see film of it a couple of weeks later. Where I was at we couldn't hump a TV.

I believe I saw a film clip about two days later on a AFVN TV news broadcast at OPS. Some of the guys that were near a radio said they listened to the live audio being broadcast on AFVN radio though. I was otherwise occupied and somewhat busy at the time as I recall however. :rolleyes: :)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    One of my more memorable moments watching the landing, knowing that my father played a part in designing the breathing devices Armstrong and Aldrin were wearing. I really thought I saw my father breathing funny when Armstrong stepped out onto the lunar surface. He was simulating what Armstrong was doing. Thankfully all worked well!

Funny, sad, with all the advances in technology, we now have to pay the Russians, our one time cold war enemies and rivals to the moon, to put our astronauts into orbit.

I do hold out hope as my father once pointed out the time between the end of Apollo and the first Shuttle flight.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    And Neil Armstrong became the first Earthman to set foot on the moon. I still remember watching the footage of that landing and the first step. And the pictures that came afterwards were truly spectacular. Can't wait till we go back to the moon. We're long overdue for a city on the lunar surface.

http://www.weather.com/science/news/apollo-11-anniversary-rare-photos

The Cronkite interviews with Robert Heinlein and Arthur C. Clarke on Apollo 11.

[video=youtube_share;xMAmk5Rp1tk]http://youtu.be/xMAmk5Rp1tk[/video]

Using private or tax payer dollars? What's the libertarian take on NASA, it's past, present, and future?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom