• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Space exploration is a must unless we want to confine our civilization and the human race to this small and deteriorating rock. We need new worlds to use up and lay waste to.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    foszoe said:
    Using private or tax payer dollars? What's the libertarian take on NASA, it's past, present, and future?

Some of it falls under the legitimate umbrella of national defense.

The rest should be left to the private sector. Just my two cents as a libertarian, can't speak for the rest.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ummm...Neil Armstrong doesn't do anything for the space program because he died in 2012. He did plenty prior to his death.

I knew he was head. He just never promoted the program like Buzz. I use to live in Ohio and people who met him would say he Never talk about it, and they said he would get upset if you asked him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some of it falls under the legitimate umbrella of national defense.

The rest should be left to the private sector. Just my two cents as a libertarian, can't speak for the rest.

I would much rather see the money put into NASA as to have it given to out as foreign aid. Just saying.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I knew he was head. He just never promoted the program like Buzz. I use to live in Ohio and people who met him would say he Never talk about it, and they said he would get upset if you asked him.

Yes, Neil Armstrong was notoriously averse to publicity, but I found it refreshing how he didn't constantly make a spectacle of himself (not that Buzz ever went too far), as so many in our reality show-fueled narcissistic culture have become.
    He always downplayed his role in the landing, always pointing out that he was just the lucky one at the end of a very long train being pulled by thousands of other people who made it happen.
    There's nothing wrong with a little humility, especially when you've done something so monumental.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    After having watched the Apollo missions, built the models,etc. it is heart breaking to see where NASA is today. We have to beg rides on Russian rockets? Russian Freaking Rockets? (Read that last part in a high pitched screechy voice). I really thought we were on the edge of great things. I figured we would have visited a few other planets by now.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    After having watched the Apollo missions, built the models,etc. it is heart breaking to see where NASA is today. We have to beg rides on Russian rockets? Russian Freaking Rockets? (Read that last part in a high pitched screechy voice). I really thought we were on the edge of great things. I figured we would have visited a few other planets by now.

They promised me a folding bubble jet car (Jetsons). I'm still waiting.

Top Bottom