• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrunnebo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Bloomington
    Does anyone have a reproduction Sharps 45-110? Would you recommend one? I have been wanting one for years. They just seem ridiculously expensive.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    My brother has a couple Shilo Sharps and at least one Axtell Sharps, all are beautiful rifles. Myself I would own at least one but I'm left handed and they just don't work for me. I own a few Browning BPCR rifles, in 40-65 , 45-70 and 45-90.
    What sights are you thinking about using.
    Can I ask why you want a 110 ? I ask because almost everyone I know that has any cartridge larger than 45-90 the rifles seems to end up a safe queens
    very quickly.
    Elwood CC has a member that has a Pendersoli Sharps in 45-110 and in the three years I have know him ( he bought the rifle just after I met him ) In this time he has shot the rifle once. I will say for the money he spent purchasing his rifle it seems to be a good deal.
    The Vernier Sights on the Pendersoli are not the Schizzle but they don't cost a grand for a set either.

Last edited:

mrunnebo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Bloomington
    When I ever get one, I plan on using a vernier sight. I also plan on loading it with black powder. I already shoot 45LC with Goex in a single action six and a Winchester 1866 replica. I think cleaning a Sharps would be cake compared to the 1866.

mrunnebo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Bloomington
    Its kind of embarassing but I have to admit I want a 110 because of Quigley. I love that movie and there is an extra kind of cool in the 110. I reload so ammo cost doesn't really play into it much.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    When I ever get one, I plan on using a vernier sight. I also plan on loading it with black powder. I already shoot 45LC with Goex in a single action six and a Winchester 1866 replica. I think cleaning a Sharps would be cake compared to the 1866.

I believe it just comes down to what is your budget.. And that will dictate if you buy a new or used US made Sharps or a new / used import.
    Heck the sights can cost almost as much as a import rifle depending on what you are looking at and what options you order. You can dump 800 - 1000 on Verniers with MVA sights.
    Good Luck.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Its kind of embarassing but I have to admit I want a 110 because of Quigley. I love that movie and there is an extra kind of cool in the 110. I reload so ammo cost doesn't really play into it much.

It's more popular for just the same reason you stated.
    But I will still say, most of them sit, quietly in the corners of gun safes everywhere.
    110 brass is most of the time hard to find, and it will be most likely 2 dollars a piece or more. So when you find it I would buy what you can afford
    But I'll still say you can have just as much fun with a 45-70 or a 45-90 and brass is so much easier to find. And you can load 45-90 up with smokeless and kick the crap out of yourself or others who are willing to shoot it.
    I have a couple of Browning 1886's and people love them when I'll take one to the range. I'll shoot 300 gr bullets of of them and when someone asks to shoot it I will drop a 520 gn postell in the chamber and let them shoot it.. They never ask twice. That steel buttplate is a b itch...
    Whatever you buy, have fun and make smoke..
    Have you gone to any BPCR shoots in Friendship yet ?

mrunnebo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Bloomington
    I haven't been yet. I really want to go though. I hear it's a blast. I shoot a Pennsylvania flintlock as well. I think I'd have a lot of fun.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Then you want to hit the muzzleloader shoot instead of the BPCR guys.
    There is also a muzzleloaders show once or twice a year in Noblesville.
    It's a interesting show to see.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    45-110 is an impressive but expensive cartridge, my personal preference in Sharps is 45-70. More bang for the buck and the rifles look just as good.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Dam... I knew it... I have a few sets of MVA's Buffalo sights, on my Brownings,
    They build very nice stuff.. I have thought about buying one for my 40-65.. And shoot in a different class sometimes.. Was it worth the cash ?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wanted to have some fun with the rifle but just can't see stuff at a distance these days, this rig was recommended by a friend. You're right about these rifles though, they do spend a lot of time in safes.:)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom