• ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Hi all!

160 acres with springs, small year round stream, hills, possible caves, 50 acres bottom land for crops, hills that are 50 to 70 feet higher than the pasture Various outbuilding, minimal zoning laws, rural area, but not too far from life.

Could this be INGO's survival campground?:ingo:

They say purchase farmland as a hedge.

Just raising cattle and feed corn should generate 20 to 40 k per year with minimal work. More if we get motivated.

A 500 + yard private range is also possible........

Its 15 miles west of Bloomington IN

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Hi all!

160 acres with springs, small year round stream, hills, possible caves, 50 acres bottom land for crops, hills that are 50 to 70 feet higher than the pasture Various outbuilding, minimal zoning laws, rural area, but not too far from life.

Could this be INGO's survival campground?:ingo:

They say purchase farmland as a hedge.

Just raising cattle and feed corn should generate 20 to 40 k per year with minimal work. More if we get motivated.

A 500 + yard private range is also possible........

Its 15 miles west of Bloomington IN

You think raising cattle and feed corn is minimal work???

FWIW, while that's not a bad price for the land, it's also the direction development is heading, so in 20 years it may not be as rural as it is now (even if it's in Greene or Owen county).

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    You think raising cattle and feed corn is minimal work???

FWIW, while that's not a bad price for the land, it's also the direction development is heading, so in 20 years it may not be as rural as it is now (even if it's in Greene or Owen county).

We both own land, and understand what minimal is.......:)

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    sounds like a great idea. Kinda like a florida time-share only not as crappy.

I have no money, but I'd donate labor for range time. (When I'm in the country!)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Man I wish I had the money for something like this. If you DID do it, I'll help with labor. I grew up around farmers and cattle owners so I know what you mean by minimal. I'd LOVE to work a place like that. I'd be fun!

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Sounds good BUT, I bouoght in to a "hunt club" several years ago. We had about a thousand beautiful acres surrounding Crane Ammo Depot. 32 owners. Almost all woods, a nice clubhouse, a couple underground congrete ammo bunkers. All it took was a few Buttholes to try to strongarm everyone else and made it miserable. I got out. What a shame. Everyone was always fighting or pissed off. My friend even had a guy threaten to shoot him. We all like to think we're tough and say go ahead and try or whatever but, if I just got stressed all the time about it. It wasn[t worth it.
    NOT TO SAY THAT IT WOULDNT WORK IF YOU HAD THE RIGHT GUYS AND RULES. BUT SOONER OR LATER, SHAREHOLDERS SELL TO SOME ASS AND THEN IT STARTS GOING DOWN HILL. Just sharing my experience

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Personally, I'd like to buy land out west or in Alaska just for SHTF purposes. I think that would be a better investment, personally, but I'd love to see something like this unfold. :)

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Is it $400,000 for 160 acres? That's $2500 an acre.

(I used a calculator for that) :rolleyes:

That's an acre for the cost of two nice guns. Who is willing to give up two guns to own a place to play?

Top Bottom