• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    For steaks, I normally prefer to grill my own, but if I'm gonna drop some bucks, it's gonna be Janko's. The best steaks and the waitress' are well, cream of the crop.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    In Bloomington, it's definitely Zagrebs. Man that place is good, every time my GF's grandpa comes down from Indy we go there, and I always leave happy :) I've only ever eaten in Indy at Kincaid's (besides the airport lol) and it was good, had prime rib, but the service just seemed sort of lacking to me (could've been because it was two younger ppl and we get a bad rap on tipping, even though I always do 20% or coulda been because it was like 5:30 lol). Ruth's Chris back at home is good, but never been there here, always get the T-bone :)

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Though I hate to be the idiot that has to ask..... Whats the rough cost for meal at this place? We talking $40-$50 a person or so, higher/lower? Check the site and saw no clues.

I save money as I do not drink. I'm not against it and will, but I am allergic to Beer (amazing, but true) and some other random spirits it seems. I play it safe and try to keep the drinking to a minimum so I don't die. :) Can't even get the neck out of a bottle of beer and I'm sweating, visible rash and the like. Strange, and I'm not allergic to ANYTHING else that I know of.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Though I hate to be the idiot that has to ask..... Whats the rough cost for meal at this place? We talking $40-$50 a person or so, higher/lower? Check the site and saw no clues.

I think it's 25 for lunch and 37 for dinner plus tip, no drinks or dessert included for that price. They have plenty of free ice water and excellent coffee. Dinner buffet includes fried bananas so dessert really isn't necessary

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well heck, that's not bad at all for what it looks like you are getting!

Thanks for the link, I will absolutely try this place out, I had never heard of them.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    +1 for Sullivan's. :) Lars and I ate dinner there for about $75 + tip a couple of years ago. I've fallen completely in love with the Melting Pot, though, so our date nights are pretty much there now.

If you want a GREAT steakhouse that doesn't cost *quite* so much, you might also check out Charleston's on 82nd St & I-69. I'm pretty picky about having my steaks well-done, and I have yet to receive a steak that's not even minutely pink and not overcooked. :)

I think Lars and I are going to have to check out this Brazilian place some time though. :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Spas and I keep saying we want to go to Melting Pot, but somehow we never do. We'll have to make an effort now, I think.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Do you need a reservation there. (melting pot) My wife keeps talking about it and our anniversary is tomorrow.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Do you need a reservation there. (melting pot) My wife keeps talking about it and our anniversary is tomorrow.
    Hahah... yes. If you hurry you might get a seat tonight. At least a day's notice is what I would recommend. And plan a two hour stay, minimum.

And do the big night out. Runs $80-$100 (total for two people), plus drinks and tips. It's a four-course meal. Cheese fondue, salad, dinner (meat & vegetables with a broth-like fondue), and of course chocolate fondue.

One night we're going to have to go just for dessert. I keep saying that, and then remember how good the cheese and meat portions are. :D

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Ya I got a reservation for tonight. 2 hour minimum? Wow . Even my Brazilian BBQ fiasco didn't take that long :):

Hahah... yes. If you hurry you might get a seat tonight. At least a day's notice is what I would recommend. And plan a two hour stay, minimum.

Top Bottom