• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The U.S. has trained 4,500 new Federal enforcers that will be used to crack down on 'cartels' in Mexico. They are helping undermine Mexican law that prohibits foreign police & military to be used on their soil (aka Martial Law). It goes without saying that elevated enforcement will leak into America too. Drones, checkpoints, no-knock raids, etc.

If the Federal government wanted to save money and weaken drug cartels then they would end the Drug War.

U.S. widens its role in battle against Mexican drug cartels

QUE DEJE DE RESISTIRSE!!

Laws and Mexico?!

LOL!!!!

What ****ing Laws in Mexico?! :dunno:

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    I've been in LE for twelve years and spent 6 years in the Army before that. There are a lot more like me than not. Many will simply need someone to point out the problem for them and cooperation will cease. There are also plenty prepared to point out the problem.

Unfortunately, they likely would select the ones that aren't like you and form their little Storm Trooper units with willing volunteers. Obviously they found 4500 that are willing to "do their thing" in Mexico. It just depends on the story they spin to the gullible (or overly eager) troops.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.......

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Unfortunately, they likely would select the ones that aren't like you and form their little Storm Trooper units with willing volunteers. Obviously they found 4500 that are willing to "do their thing" in Mexico. It just depends on the story they spin to the gullible (or overly eager) troops.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.......

Based on what I've seen of the cartel's behavior, I'd go down there and help with the clean up operations. The border towns are run by murderous thugs who are bringing their special kind of terror to our country (I'm not talking about the drugs). Seriously, who skins human beings alive?

If Mexico wants the help cleaning up their country I have no problem with Americans going down to assist. Obviously the police & government officials in the area either can't be trusted or are simply incapable of getting the job done.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What if I said as an American taxpayer I'm not OK with assisting Mexico in their own law enforcement? We aren't the World Police and these prohibition laws create the black markets that fund these cartels.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    What if I said as an American taxpayer I'm not OK with assisting Mexico in their own law enforcement? We aren't the World Police and these prohibition laws create the black markets that fund these cartels.

I agree in part but I see this particular mission as having a more substantial impact to the lives of American citizens than the fighting in the middle east. The violence down there is spilling onto US soil daily.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What's all this talk about legalizing drugs making a difference? Am I supposed to believe that career criminals making billions upon billions in the drug trade, would "pack up shop" if drus were legalized? What are we expecting them to do retire to the white sands and blue waters of the Caribbean and reminisce about all the people theyve tortured and killed?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    What's all this talk about legalizing drugs making a difference? Am I supposed to believe that career criminals making billions upon billions in the drug trade, would "pack up shop" if drus were legalized? What are we expecting them to do retire to the white sands and blue waters of the Caribbean and reminisce about all the people theyve tortured and killed?

for sure they'll find something else to do, but they won't be making billions of dollars smuggling drugs into America.

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    For heavens sakes! Texas needs to be the first state to give the white house a big F.U. and set up a real "defensive perimiter". Then other southern states need to follow. We all know that a real militarized zone is the only way to stop foriegn crime from spilling over! Anyone who says otherwise is in "liberal startrek the next generation lala land"!

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Am I supposed to believe that career criminals making billions upon billions in the drug trade, would "pack up shop" if drus were legalized?

No. It's a way more believable stance to think that they are going to stick with the drug trade, purchase drug licenses from the government, pay taxes, and turn into good business people.

:laugh:

Of course they are going to pack up and leave the drug trade. Are you being serious?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No. It's a way more believable stance to think that they are going to stick with the drug trade, purchase drug licenses from the government, pay taxes, and turn into good business people.

:laugh:

Of course they are going to pack up and leave the drug trade. Are you being serious?

I wasn't clear in my point. I'm not asking if they will stop being involved in the drug trade (which is debatable). I'm asking if one expects them to disappear and stop being a threat, in general.
    Keep in mind that after the repeal of prohibition, the US mafias didn't simply go away. They, like any good business, diversified. They moved to loan sharking, "protection," gambling, prostitution, unions, construction, garbage collection, trucking, tobacco, and nightclubs to make up the difference.
    The point is, that they won't simply disappear... and they may possibly (if they do expand their operations), become more dangerous.

Ever seen a city that has garbage collect everyday? Theyre out there.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I wasn't clear in my point.

If that's all your point is, then your point has nothing to do with the legality of drugs or the role of government. If that's all your point is, then your point is simply put: Bad people exist and like to make money.

When our government bans something, it doesn't actually magically disappear. It just makes it more profitable and rids Industry X of any oversight or legal recourse. By keeping drugs illegal, our government is keeping the pockets of criminals filled with cash, because people want drugs and people will pay for them. Would you rather the lunatic who takes people he doesn't like, puts rubber tires around their body and ignites them to take the American people's money or would you rather some hippy CA grower take the American people's money and pay taxes as well? Drugs are being sold either way, so who do you want to profit from this industry? The industry isn't going away. Drugs aren't going away and bad guys aren't fading out. In my opinion, we should take away the power from the bad guys and let some good guys make the money. That's how I feel about the so called "War on Drugs".

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I wasn't clear in my point. I'm not asking if they will stop being involved in the drug trade (which is debatable). I'm asking if one expects them to disappear and stop being a threat, in general.
    Keep in mind that after the repeal of prohibition, the US mafias didn't simply go away. They, like any good business, diversified. They moved to loan sharking, "protection," gambling, prostitution, unions, construction, garbage collection, trucking, tobacco, and nightclubs to make up the difference.
    The point is, that they won't simply disappear... and they may possibly (if they do expand their operations), become more dangerous.

Ever seen a city that has garbage collect everyday? Theyre out there.

Since they're in Mexico, that's much more Mexico's problem than it is ours. With no reason to smuggle drugs to the US I'll bet they'd focus their operations more south of the border. In which case we win. Or they move up here, and it becomes . . .

"Two bosses. Crazy bellringer was right. There's money to be made in a place like this."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If that's all your point is, then your point has nothing to do with the legality of drugs or the role of government. If that's all your point is, then your point is simply put: Bad people exist and like to make money.

Since they're in Mexico, that's much more Mexico's problem than it is ours. With no reason to smuggle drugs to the US I'll bet they'd focus their operations more south of the border. In which case we win. Or they move up here, and it becomes . . .

"Two bosses. Crazy bellringer was right. There's money to be made in a place like this."

That's exactly my point. Drugs honestly, in the grand scheme, have noting to do with it. Very bad people will still be bad people regardless of whether drugs are part of the equation. Thus, they'd be carrying on their activities regardless, and we'd probably still be in the same position.

And JB, its obvious more money exists north, rather than south, of the border. It only makes sense to do business here rather that there.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    That's exactly my point. Drugs honestly, in the grand scheme, have noting to do with it. Very bad people will still be bad people regardless of whether drugs are part of the equation. Thus, they'd be carrying on their activities regardless, and we'd probably still be in the same position.

But all the minions, who are only 'bad' because the government says that selling plants is against their rules, will not be attracted to the trade anymore because it wouldn't be a billion dollar underground racket.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    They'd never make the kind of money they're making in the drug trade, in other organized crime ventures. NEVER. And that would weaken them significantly.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Just as soon as we legalize recreational drugs, our ever clever government will ban cigarettes, and the cartels will have something else to profit off of.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

But your position is that we shouldn't legalize drugs because it wouldn't make a difference to the bad people. They would find something else to profit off of. But if our government banned Doritos, cartels would start smuggling them and all sorts of crime would be linked to Dorito dealing and then you could say the same thing "Why should we legalize Doritos? The cartels will just find something else!" In the meantime, good people just want some yummy Doritos because they've been eating them for 30 years and all of a sudden the government issues a decree that they are illegal and now those good people turn into bad people because they just want to mind their own business, relax, eat some Doritos, and watch The Thing on Blu-Ray ($10 at Best Buy! What a steal!). You can substitute Cannabis for Doritos and that's the boat we are in right now.

I don't want to deal with cartels, I don't want cartels to profit off of me. I don't like breaking any laws and I don't like disliking my public servants (Police officers, Judges, Prosecutors, etc...) because they dislike Doritos. In fact, the only thing I do want right now is a big bowl of Doritos, and I don't believe that should be illegal and I certainly know it doesn't make me a bad person.

:cheers:

Top Bottom