• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    This can be had for right around $2k new.

concept-7.jpg

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    In that price range I too would go with Dan Wesson. The quality is rivaling that of more expensive guns, and as someone said earlier, I like the clean look of them. The Vbob or Guardian would be good choices, the former being steel frame and the Guardian being alloy. A Guardian is near the top of my list at the moment. Here are a couple of mine.

This one is discontinued, although I think they might still be available in California. It's a Cbob. This is probably the most accurate semi auto I own, and definately one of the best looking.
    IMG_0316.jpg

This one is right up there with the Cbob. It's a CCO, officers alloy frame, commander length barrel. Both of these are true commanders, 4.25" barrel with bushing.
    IMG_0161.jpg

Last edited:

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I definitely be looking the higher end 1911's. Have heard the name but don't see it much on here but STI makes some high end 1911 also.

My search would for info would also include 1911 forums and 1911 competition forums.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Thanks for all the input. While I have a limit, I don't have to spend it all. Looked at the S&W "E" series, with bobbed tail, up at Indiana Gun Club today (plus others), and it is 'sweet'. Going to keep looking, but it has moved to the top of the list.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I'm going to be the lone dissenter and recommend that you NOT purchase a Les Baer. I've never seen one make it through a match without stopping. Wilsons, on the other hand, run and run.

The Dan Wesson and STI suggestions are spot on as well. I would probably want a bobtail if I was going to go with a Commander; I bet it'd carry nicely.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    South Central Indiana
    The 5" full size Les Baers are great, but I would not recommend getting the 4.25" Commander-length Baer.

It took a lot of work before my Concept VII would run right, and my experience with Baer's customer service was less than ideal.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Thanks for all the input. While I have a limit, I don't have to spend it all. Looked at the S&W "E" series, with bobbed tail, up at Indiana Gun Club today (plus others), and it is 'sweet'. Going to keep looking, but it has moved to the top of the list.

It's all about what feels good to you that matters the most. Don't know if Colt uses magic dust but they feel like they belong in your hand, but to shoot real good they cost a lot. I pick-up a Sig, like the Novak sights, don't feel quite as good as a Colt but does it real shoot good!

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield

If I had $2000 for a 1911 I would look at the 2011 Perfect 10. It is 10mmand just fits my hand. Elwood’s has one in their gun case as of last Monday.With the need for the 1911 to be commander size I would get 2 Colt :patriot: XSE's LWCommander's. :draw:Sheriff Wilson alwayscarried 2 :draw: when he was on a raid as another load commander was quicker on thereload than reloading an empty :dunno: Commander.

boblade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    I shoot a lot of Compition 1911's and have Shot my Ed Brown and it has
    Been Flawless, I would suggest a cobra Carry

Top Bottom