• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I think .380s will start seeing a decline in use. 9mms are getting smaller, softer shooting, without sacrificing the advantages of 9mm. The .380s on the market just don't really provide as much benefit in the caliber tradeoff, especially given that subcompact 9mms are now close to the size of non-micro .380s.

The most recent .380 that got me excited was the Beretta 80X Cheetah, but even that's close to the size and weight of some 9mms, so I probably wouldn't carry it.
    The only 380acp that got me excited was the Browning 1911 380acp I just bought for $238 ;)

I would probably never have bought a 380acp, but I couldn't pass up that deal.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I have a 9mm cutoff for personal defense. My lightweight carry is a Beretta APX carry A1. It’s got 9 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty in it. It’s about the same size as a LCR its trigger is much better and it’s optic ready. Wife carries a S&W shield also a great pistol.

Anything is better than nothing but the ability to shoot a small pistol takes some skill.

I am working on a class next year that’s going to be 1/2 day with CCW pistols G19 or something similar. The second half of the day will be back up guns. It’s eye opening to shoot a small pistol after shooting a compact.

Most of us don't carry a one fits every situation CCW. I do it based on threat level and what I am wearing that day.

Top Bottom