• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimK66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    380 ccw

Great topic for today there are some really nice little 380's. I've loved the little 380 round for 45 years and enjoy shooting them very much. Had one I always threw in my pocket in VN (in sddition to my service pistol) and still do (LCP w/CT. My little 380 armory consists of:
    Colt Mustang,
    Colt MKIV Gov,
    Ruger LCP,
    Sig P232 and
    Sig P238
    I have all the confidence in the world in the 380 Hornady Critical Defense for protection.
    Regards,
    JimK

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Sig P232 Accurate, easy to conceal and can fit a big hand easily for such a small gun.

I agree. I can shoot my 45 for about the same price per round as my 380.

Last edited by a moderator:

SD45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I really like my LCP, no issues. The only thing that took me a while to get use to was the trigger pull....just felt strange to me. Effective range in my opinion is 10-20 feet...as mentioned prior...sights are essentially worthless

bmwdud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    fort wayne
    I'm looking for a good .380 to carry, of course i have looked at the LCP and now i have been turned on to the new S&W Bodyguard in .380 coming out sometime soon. Anybody know anything about either of these or other good solid .380's?
    i have had a 380 colt mustang II for about 20 years now and i love it
    you can drop it in a pocket and go or holster it . never missed a beat
    shinny too and we all like some shinny stuff

gblank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have a Walther PPKS, it is a sweet shooting gun. It may be a little large for some people but l like it. fits good in my inside the pant holster. I have also heard good things about the Bersa.

bigman502

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    2   1   1
    Feb 27, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I just bought a LCP from a ingo member and I love it.I have had no problems with it at all.I suspect that the people who down these pistols havent broken them in correctly (200 rnds).The Keltec p3at is also a good one but from my experiance it has a cheap finish that easily wears off and the lcp has a much nicer trigger also.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Lots of great info...

I am in need of an ankle carry, and I think .380 is my best option...

The Kahr P380 is small but dang, it is expensive....

Had an LCP but did not like the trigger

Decisions, decisions

Jesseatteberry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    I just picked up a P238 at the Fort Wayne show last weekend and all I can say is wow! This gun shoots better than any .380 I ever shot, Including the Seecamp! I sold my LCP and I got this, The LCP never had a FTF but the two things I didnt like about it were the bite after about 30 rounds and the sights or lack there of. The P238 has night sights! I took it home and shot about 3 mags at a 8" steel plate @ 25 yards with a hit every time. I would say if you can swing the price get the P238.:ar15:

WaltherFan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    EM69XX aka Fishers
    I love my PPK/S. It is a heavy gun but is a pleasure to shoot because of the weight. I’ve carried it on and off for about 15 years. I carry it IWB and shoulder. Plus there’s just something about the history of Walther that keeps me from getting something different.

bigman502

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    2   1   1
    Feb 27, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I have a recalled LCP that I think is a great pistol although I havent got to shoot it much with ammo costing more than diamonds.I think a lot of people that down them havent properly broke them in yet (200 rounds).I havent had any malfunctions with mine.Also they have a much better finish than a Keltec p3at and are affordable too compared to the sigs and other 380s.

Top Bottom