• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    +1 on the Bersa Thunder (mine was the Concealed Carry version). Never had any malfunctions, and I was reasonably accurate with it. However, I personally feel that DAO is a better type of action for a concealed carry weapon. If I ever have to draw a weapon, I would like the function to be a simple and reliable as possible...no external safety to fiddle with, etc.

Me too... however... FWIW... the Bersa has a firing pin block safety and can safely be carried in a holster with the safety off.

I have a Thunder .380, and on the rare occasions that I carry it, the safety is off.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If the sig 238 would come down in price that would be my choice. Other than that I have a LCP with CT laser, a good gun but hurts the hand after about 25 rounds. My back up carry gun is a Diamondback 380 which is a pleasure to shoot and it is like a baby glock.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    183   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    I'm not trying to take away from the .380 but do you have a specific reason for choosing this caliber? With the prices and scarcity of .380 ammo right now, have you thought about 9mm instead? There are a few small 9mm on the market right now that you might consider. Right now, shooting a 9mm would be almost half the price of a .380. :twocents:

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    ZX guns had several of the Sig P238's at the Shipshewana show this morning. real nice gun. The one I fondled was telling me it wanted a home next to my RIA .45

mlohr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I just purchased a P238 Equinox. A little pricey but I had to have it. Only 50 rounds thru it so far. Flawless. I also scored several boxes of 50 count FMJ ammo at wally world today for 17.95 a box. I haven't tried any HP ammo yet but I will.

Renegade1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Porter
    The LCP is almost identical to the Kel Tec P3AT. It's a great concealed carry gun. I just hope that the sights on the LCP are better than the P3AT.

Renegade1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Porter
    The sights on my P3AT are almost worthless. I put an Armalaser unit on it, and it is much better now. Plus, it prints in my pocket more like a wallet.

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    The sights on my P3AT are almost worthless. I put an Armalaser unit on it, and it is much better now. Plus, it prints in my pocket more like a wallet.

I owned a P3AT up until recently. I think that was my only complaint about the pistol. It held nicely, it concealed easily, and was very consistent. It was an ankle gun for me, day in and day out.

chad504

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    I have about 300 rounds through my LCP, not a single problem. It seems to shoot better that my dad's Keltec.

Top Bottom