• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Don't know about $0, but you can find Bersa Thunder 380s in the low $200s. Very solid firearms. They come up for sale in INGO pretty regularly.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    True. The Keltec P3AT is another option.

The P3AT is more of a pocket pistol- very compact, not much fun to shoot because of it's small size and weight.

The Thunder 380 is not really a pocket gun, however it is easier to shoot because of its larger size and weight.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    For about $280 or so you can get a brand new Ruger P95. It's 9mm so a little more power and cheaper plinking costs. It's $50 more than you want to spend but it's a nice semi auto handgun.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    For about $280 or so you can get a brand new Ruger P95. It's 9mm so a little more power and cheaper plinking costs. It's $50 more than you want to spend but it's a nice semi auto handgun.

I wish I had gone 9mm, ammo for my .380 is breaking me. :) Oh well. Time for another gun I guess. ;)

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Cause I shoot everything from 22 to 357 to 45 and still havent found the balance between 22 and 9mm the inbetween. Anyways my dad wants to teach my mom to shoot and he bought a xd. She doesnt have a very good time with the 22 so I wanna find the balance.

Doc_Jon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    for about 20-50 more you can pick of a used in very good condition beretta 84 on gunbroker from Cole's...i picked up three a while back and was very pleased with them...13 rounds, all metal construction from a name brand maker, will certainly out last a dozen of those cheap polymer wonder 380s out there right now...buy cheap, buy twice..

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    for about 20-50 more you can pick of a used in very good condition beretta 84 on gunbroker from Cole's...i picked up three a while back and was very pleased with them...13 rounds, all metal construction from a name brand maker, will certainly out last a dozen of those cheap polymer wonder 380s out there right now...buy cheap, buy twice..
    The exception to that rule Is mosin nagants. But ive heard nothing but good things about beretta

Doc_Jon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    The exception to that rule Is mosin nagants. But ive heard nothing but good things about beretta
    very true...i suppose every rule has its exception...i definately must reccomend the beretta 84 to anyone thinking about getting a 380...mine came from Cole's, were all clean and serviceable and looked better in person than they did in the pictures...i got three and one had a broken firing pin, which cole replaced at no extra cost...it was a bit of a pain for me to get it in but works like a charm now...from what i understand all the beretta 84s he has were once owned by some branch of the isralie government, like internal affairs or something and they sold them to upgrade...they are more accurate than i had expected...i purchased some new Mec-Gar magazines and new Beretta factory grips from CNDD, refinished the frames in flat black and the slides in semi gloss and you couldn't tell them from a new pistol...my sister loves hers as her CCW piece...she has small hands and was only interested in 22s...as her big brother i wasn't going to let her carry something that small, so after rejecting even an officer sized 45 found the 84 for her

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Bersa Thunder .380 - no question. You'll probably have to get another $20 though, plus sales tax.

A good shooter, good accuracy, good relibility.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    How about a Makarov? Bulgarian Maks are pretty close to your price, Russians a bit higher and East Germans a little higher yet.

They are about the size of the Bersa Thunder, shoot a more powerful round [9mm Makarov], ammo is a whole lot cheaper than .380 and they are built like a tank.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    This aint bad advice...visit aim surplus...and they cz 82s for 229 and p 64s for cheap. But a little more snappy than a bersa 380...i would just get a heavy 9mm like rugers p95
    How about a Makarov? Bulgarian Maks are pretty close to your price, Russians a bit higher and East Germans a little higher yet.

They are about the size of the Bersa Thunder, shoot a more powerful round [9mm Makarov], ammo is a whole lot cheaper than .380 and they are built like a tank.

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    p1000449v.jpg

Llama 380 III-A‎ compact 1911

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I picked up some Herters ball .380 at Cabelas for something like 12 a box. Haven't shot any of it yet but will use it for practice.

I have a Bersa .380 CC which carries on extra round. Nicely built and nice shooter.

I also have a P3AT, not a nice shooter but a great pocket gun.

The .380 has the approximate power of an indian arrow from the old west.`

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    I picked up some Herters ball .380 at Cabelas for something like 12 a box. Haven't shot any of it yet but will use it for practice.

`
    Herter (cheap russian) is total crap IMO. I had jams in 3 different 380's with it.
    Never again I'll stick with Federal and Remington.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

:yesway: (Think Beretta!)

Top Bottom