• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I purchased one today at the Maysville Road, Fort Wayne location. They said they still have six on site. The South Anthony, Fort Wayne location had one left on Sunday eve, but it has a broken shelf. A new shelf was to be delivered in January but has now been pushed back to February. Go to the Maysville location if you want one.

In addition to the discounted price and the $100 rebate, you can still get the 11% discount also. Makes for a very good price on a good (not great) safe.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I bought one today. $332 total after taxes and with rebates. They had 3 left that are supposedly damaged. I could not see any damage on mine.

I was just going to re-do my closet to hold my guns, but at this price, it's not worth it. Plus, now I have my closet back for other stuff!:)

quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    I bought one today. $332 total after taxes and with rebates. They had 3 left that are supposedly damaged. I could not see any damage on mine.

I was just going to re-do my closet to hold my guns, but at this price, it's not worth it. Plus, now I have my closet back for other stuff!:)

$332 total??? Was that a scratch-and-dent price?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    electronic lock. no joy.

It is but it also has 2 backup keys that will open it ICE.

Some people can't afford their "safe for life" at this point in their life, and while I can afford a nicer safe like a Johnson, my long-term plan is to just have a vault. So a cheapo safe to hold me over for now is just what I need. The most likely occurence at my house is going to be a smash and grab or a house fire. This cheap safe should protect from both. A determined thief, probably not, but for the price, this safe is better than nothing if its all you can afford.

This was my thinking on the subject as well. Besides having lots of other things that my wife wants to do around the house that are going to take up free cash.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    $332 total??? Was that a scratch-and-dent price?

Well, sorta. The manager said that the three he had in stock were damaged. But the one I looked at just had one of the shipping feet missing. So I tore the cardboard back on that corner and I could not see any damage. He sold it to me as a damaged unit anyway. All three were out back in one of the storerooms. I think he was happy to get one out of his store.

I would ask for a deal if you go. I never really thought of a store like that discounting an item like that, but I think they will if they only have a few left or maybe if they have a bunch left.

My motto is: "The best is just good enough for me." But as I get older I am beginning to soften a bit and buy more appropriate to my life situation. This one will work just fine. Getting it upstairs is going to be a challenge!:)

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Looks like I will be heading to Menard's tomorrow. I was thinking of using my return money for another gun, but buying another safe(Browning is already full) would be the smarter purchase.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Looks like I will be heading to Menard's tomorrow. I was thinking of using my return money for another gun, but buying another safe(Browning is already full) would be the smarter purchase.

I'm with you on that. I was looking for another gun, but that will come again. I will have to wait awhile.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Well I just called the Lafayette They had 4 today, all damaged, and now they have none. Gregkl got one, then someone went and bought the other two, then one came in on a truck at about 5 and it is already paid for. Guess I will just keep checking.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    My local store has one on the floor & 1 in the back. The one on the floor looks like it was hit by a fork lift or something in the top right corner. It's dented & the paint is chipped. I went to the customer service desk last night & told the girl I wanted to talk to someone about getting it at a discounted price. She came back after talking to a few people & told me that since they still have a good one in the back, they would just ship the damaged one back to the distributor instead of selling it damaged. I thanked her & just left. It is a good deal though. I might still go back & get the good one.

FNRA Scott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    East Central Indiana
    Since they offered 6 months- 0% financing on purchase over $299.00, I took advantage of it. I applied for a card at the store and 10 minutes later, I was approved. Although my wife said buy it, I'll just pay $100.00/month for 5 months and payoff the last month. Not quite a big hit on the house account. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Hobart
    It is a good safe and we used the hardware to bolt it to the ground in our house. It is not a flimsy safe and will do the job to keep thieves from taking any of our stuff if we were gone during a break-in and keep stuff locked away from the kids. I was told if it was left in a garage to just hook up a de-humidifier. Hope this helps.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    FWIW, Bloomington is out, FT Wayne southside had a floor model as of last night but it was missing shelves, and Ft Wayne east side had 6 after my dad & brother left with their load of safes.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well I just called the Lafayette They had 4 today, all damaged, and now they have none. Gregkl got one, then someone went and bought the other two, then one came in on a truck at about 5 and it is already paid for. Guess I will just keep checking.

Fort Wayne East location is not that far from Warsaw. They have some still in the box, undamaged.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Called Menard's in Richmond today to see if they had any in stock. Lady said they have a floor model that is in perfect condition and one still in the box. I said great, hold one for me and I will be there.

So I take the 66 mile journey to the Richmond Menard's to go pick one up.

I get there and the one in the box is severely smashed on one corner. Went and looked at the floor display, it looked fine. Told them I would take it. Went up front and paid and drove around back. Kid promptly takes my picking ticket and says he will be right back. 30 minutes later he is still not back. Another kid says he will go help him so I can get out of there. 10 minutes later the sales guy and a lady walk back to me and say, bad news, we don't have the keys for the floor model, but we can sell you the smashed unit for $25 off. I go back in and look at the smashed unit and I pass. Drive around front, walk in and get my money back.

132 miles and almost 4 hours later, I still don't have a safe. Ugh.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I would have taken the floor w/o keys and then requested them from stack on. The main lock is electronic so the keys don't matter, just backups.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Called Menard's in Richmond today to see if they had any in stock. Lady said they have a floor model that is in perfect condition and one still in the box. I said great, hold one for me and I will be there.

So I take the 66 mile journey to the Richmond Menard's to go pick one up.

I get there and the one in the box is severely smashed on one corner. Went and looked at the floor display, it looked fine. Told them I would take it. Went up front and paid and drove around back. Kid promptly takes my picking ticket and says he will be right back. 30 minutes later he is still not back. Another kid says he will go help him so I can get out of there. 10 minutes later the sales guy and a lady walk back to me and say, bad news, we don't have the keys for the floor model, but we can sell you the smashed unit for $25 off. I go back in and look at the smashed unit and I pass. Drive around front, walk in and get my money back.

132 miles and almost 4 hours later, I still don't have a safe. Ugh.

That's a bummer. He should have sold it to you for no more than $450.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Picked mine up tonight. It has some scratches on the bottom edge which you won't see once it's sitting on the floor. The interior may not be as nice as the more expensive safes, but it has 6 1.5" locking bolts, and it's pretty heavy... I am rethinking trying to get it upstairs. I may just put it in the dining room.:)

Anybody know if you can remove the door?

Top Bottom