35.7% of all children born to single mother(average,as high as 51%in some areas)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    Not intending to offend here... but I see a lot of discussion on this thread about how the women should have chosen their partners more wisely, they should have realized earlier this sob was a deadbeat, you don't get pregnant by kissing etc.... seems these same agruments could be used against you. You are in a ****ty situation and I don't envy the place you find yourself. Hopefully as your child ages she/he decides to seek out a quality relationship with her father and you have the opportunity to enjoy being a parent.

this is a moral paradox. It depends on what you believe. I believe in the christian view that states that once you accept a responsibility, once you make a promise you had better D*mn hold to that promise, otherwise you are no better than the poor saps you criticize. By that, regardless of mother or father, step the hell up and act as an adult. treat each other as you would like to be treated.

The bad mothers look for handouts or attention. The bad fathers look at pride and selfishness. This is a cursed society of children, not adults. And we as adults are to blame for not building a future generation devoid of this blatant fall.

Ever heard of condoms?

Exactly. The responsibility lies with both partners period.

Anne Coulter studied this and wrote about it in one of her books..What she found was that this problem was not with ALL single mothers... For instance, when the parents had divorced but the father was still around for support (both financial and more importantly moral) OR that the woman was widowed (What would your Father think if he was still alive?) that the numbers were not so skewed.

It seems that Our Creator (or microbes on the backs of crystals, lest I offend our resident Atheists and their religon, Blessed be their Saints Dawkins and Darwin, Amen) may have known, that dare I say..."gasp" It takes a man and a woman to make a family unit..

We all went to school and had friends whose parents were divorced but it seemed to me that the Father was still around...I remember conversations of single mothers that went something like this..."Let me tell you something little man..I have asked your father to come a little early on Friday when he picks you up and he and I are going to have a looooong conversation about your actions this past week...."

In other words just because the marriage had dissolved...The role of Father had not. This doesn't seem to be the case much anymore.

The role of the father is to uphold the standards of the family and ensure proper discipline, protect the family, and provide for its needs. The role of the mother is as an administrator to support the father his own roles. both partners mesh, there is equality, and the children learn from it, thereby perpetuating and building.

We have lost our perspective on what is right and wrong. Our morals are screwed up. Regardless of what you believe, morals play a massive role, and there is one consensus: Every father, every mother, wants to have a solid family that fulfills itself, with children that learn right from wrong and teach others to do the same. We one get one shot at life, exactly why do we make it so hard on ourselves because of our selfish reasons when the rights choices are ever present before us.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    The Effects Of A Single Parent Home On A Child's Behavior | LIVESTRONG.COM

*-*The Future of Children -

Sources can be cited on and on of the effects of a single parent home lacking a father on children.

Though these are not doctorate level sources, it is well established that most children growing up without a father for whatever reason, has behavorial problems and lacks the foundation necessary to grow in character for a future generation that can build on our society rather than crumble it.

I'm not doubting a correlation, but correlation doesn't always mean a whole lot. I seriously doubt direct causation. My money is on socioeconomic status bein a much better indicator.

gdunn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    this is a moral paradox. It depends on what you believe. I believe in the christian view that states that once you accept a responsibility, once you make a promise you had better D*mn hold to that promise, otherwise you are no better than the poor saps you criticize. By that, regardless of mother or father, step the hell up and act as an adult. treat each other as you would like to be treated.

The bad mothers look for handouts or attention. The bad fathers look at pride and selfishness. This is a cursed society of children, not adults. And we as adults are to blame for not building a future generation devoid of this blatant fall.

Exactly. The responsibility lies with both partners period.

The role of the father is to uphold the standards of the family and ensure proper discipline, protect the family, and provide for its needs. The role of the mother is as an administrator to support the father his own roles. both partners mesh, there is equality, and the children learn from it, thereby perpetuating and building.

We have lost our perspective on what is right and wrong. Our morals are screwed up. Regardless of what you believe, morals play a massive role, and there is one consensus: Every father, every mother, wants to have a solid family that fulfills itself, with children that learn right from wrong and teach others to do the same. We one get one shot at life, exactly why do we make it so hard on ourselves because of our selfish reasons when the rights choices are ever present before us.

You sound like a good man and role model for your child/children. I am sure someday they will come to that conclusion too. If more men believed as we do, this discussion would have far lower figures in the statistics.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not doubting a correlation, but correlation doesn't always mean a whole lot. I seriously doubt direct causation. My money is on socioeconomic status bein a much better indicator.

This, I'm going to say you'll find the lion's share of single mothers intent on abusing the system, in govt housing and trailer parks. Give these people an adequate education or a profitable trade, and we'd see a decrease. Problem is you can't force motivation on anyone. I think blame rest squarely on govt, because they support laziness.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana

What caused the socieoeconomic status to fail? People. How do people wanting to make a serious change for as quickly as possible make that happen? By getting into government positions. From there it is a trickle downward.

While the root issues now lie with our government, we are a free people, or at least are supposed to be. We are supposed to have the free will and rights to make the change for the better. If the perspective changed from thinking that government is at fault (also known as pointing fingers) to changing the way people think, then the right people will want to be in government to make the right changes.

Therefore, our socioeconomic collapse is our fault, not the government's. Because we as a people let the wrong people with the wrong agendas and wrong points of views into power. Remember power corrupts. Allow the wrong to govern and you become victim to your own criticisms.

You sound like a good man and role model for your child/children. I am sure someday they will come to that conclusion too. If more men believed as we do, this discussion would have far lower figures in the statistics.

Thank you. I very much appreciate this statement, and yes. I hold family very highly. After-all, i am responsible for how my wife views me. And I am responsible for how my daughter grows up because it is from my image that my wife perceives me and my daughter learns from.

This, I'm going to say you'll find the lion's share of single mothers intent on abusing the system, in govt housing and trailer parks. Give these people an adequate education or a profitable trade, and we'd see a decrease. Problem is you can't force motivation on anyone. I think blame rest squarely on govt, because they support laziness.

Government is the problem now because we have failed to uphold our responsibilities as a nation of wise adults pushing for a moral future.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I dislike the wording of this post labeling the problem as 'single mothers'. Why do we single them out for being the responsible one of the two creators of that life? It is the absent fathers that are the real problem here. .

Because they have all the ***** and half the money , that's why . If they didn't open their legs it wouldn't be a problem .

If a chick doesn't have any respect for herself , she starts slinging that **** all over town like candy to whatever dirt bag that will lay with her and next thing you know she's got 5 kids by 5 baby daddy's .

Morals and respect , too many folks have been brain washed by our libtard guberment and no longer have any morals or respect for themselves .

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    In our obsession to become politically correct, we have stopped judging. Not long ago, a young woman, unmarried with a child was shamed by society. Now, it gets you put on an MTV reality show.

Sadly, it's not as simple as just going back to shaming people for their poor decision making skills. We have an entire generation that doesn't understand the concept of either shame, or personal responsibility.:dunno:

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    Because they have all the ***** and half the money , that's why . If they didn't open their legs it wouldn't be a problem .

If a chick doesn't have any respect for herself , she starts slinging that **** all over town like candy to whatever dirt bag that will lay with her and next thing you know she's got 5 kids by 5 baby daddy's .

Morals and respect , too many folks have been brain washed by our libtard guberment and no longer have any morals or respect for themselves .

Because all they want are handouts :xmad:

In our obsession to become politically correct, we have stopped judging. Not long ago, a young woman, unmarried with a child was shamed by society. Now, it gets you put on an MTV reality show.

Sadly, it's not as simple as just going back to shaming people for their poor decision making skills. We have an entire generation that doesn't understand the concept of either shame, or personal responsibility.:dunno:

It has to start one family at a time. The general education has to change as a whole, privately. The government wants dedicated living zombies, what our children need are leaders.

Just like you said, everything immoral gets a spot on the media, which poisons our future :(

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Matriarchal societies are never dominant in world history. As manhood is systematically drugged out of the children of America,and the children who are not drugged are taught the error of any male dominance,we shall be defeated by a more patriarchal culture.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    While I don't think someone who is unmarried should be shamed of being an unwed mother, they should have to take care of the baby and realize that life has consequences. I have not always done the right things in life, but the few things I said I would never do and still have never done is drink alcohol (this is not really a never thing, but I have no desire to do so at this moment in life due to a few things), smoke, do drugs, and because of the way I was brought up in church, not have sex until I get married (I am getting married next Feb.).

Everyone makes a mistakes in life, I have a few friends who are unwed parents. One was married, another is getting married to the father of her boys, and another is being a father to his kid. I went through 8th to a few years into college with my dad not in my life, everyone needs someone like a father in their life. Luckily for me, a friends parents are my extra parents and my friends dad taught me things like how to change the oil in cars among other things.

GBolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    I have heard several times of kids getting together, the end result being a baby. The "couple" stays together, but does not marry until after the baby arrives. When asked why they did not marry before the baby was born, replied they couldn't afford the hospital costs, and the girl gets "assistance" if she is not married.

What a way to start parenting. :(

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

This is very true and I agree, but our society has declined because of spineless men, without morals. Just because a woman shakes her goods does not mean she is to be taken to the nearest dark corner to be humped. Blaming moral decay on women has always been an easy escape, but still men want to be the leaders and in charge. A leader accepts responsibility, but after getting his jollies, it's then the woman's fault because of her revealing dress and alluring smile.

We tell our daughters to keep their legs closed, but what are we telling our sons? Yeah, it's our fault! It's Friday, so I wonder how many men are going to do something beside go out on the prowl? I've seen some that post about their conquests, without any shame. So, as men and leaders, let's address the times when we see other men acting immorally. I know, that's not our business, right?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    but again, we are only holding the women accountable based upon the words you just wrote. You dismiss the actions of the father as 'men on the hunt, looking to pollinate' while further critisizing the women by stating 'in the past, women knew not to get involved with them'. It is this mentality that boys will be boys that creates this permissive attitute that creates this problem. Women are emotional creatures. Most of them aren't interested in one night stands and raising a child by themselves. Unfortunately that creates a situation where they can be preyed upon. While their being naive in some instances is a fault of their own, the person preying on them is equally to blame.

In my wifes case she was MARRIED and left high and dry. So not all single mothers started out that way....

I agree that men should be held to account. They should be forced to support their offspring. If they won't get a job, I wouldn't have a problem with putting them in forced labor to contribute. They should be ostracized and demonized. Any man that isn't happy to support his child is a piece of crap and everyone should know it.

The comments I made though are still the way the real world works. From what I have read, many women get impregnated by men that have fathered many children already. They may know it. They also know he has no interest in settling down. Many of them also know that the welfare system will support them and their child(ren). If that system wasn't there, maybe they would have chosen more wisely.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Two instances I have seen: A very attractive woman in her late twenties said if she wasn't married by age 30 she was going to have a baby anyway. If you saw her, you would see there would be no shortage of volunteers. She went on to get married.

Another woman I know, early thirties and shacking up. Tells the guy she is on the pill and gets pregnant on purpose. Guy get po'd but sticks around.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    As we reject principles of morality taught in the best Book ever written,our Nation will continue it's decline.
    Resident atheist, but I still back with you on this issue. Plenty of so called "Christians" running around with children in high school nowadays. I know several of them personally. It's all about poor decision making and our cultural lack of ethics. You don't have to be religious to be moral. Our nation on all levels has just lost any sense of personal responsibility. Many of those who check "Christian" on the census are the very people we blame for societies ills. Just depends on how much you follow the Bible. Reason why I put Christian in quotation marks for much of this is because many of these people are Christian in nothing but name. Those who actually attend church that I know tend to be moral people. I don't believe in your god, but I find many of the teachings of your book to be a good moral compass. The responsibility for these children lies on both the men and women. Women, don't just let any man have you. Men, don't just take any woman.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    Am I the only one that noticed that the article refers to single mother as meaning out-of-wedlock?

Having a child out-of-wedlock does not mean that the father is absent in the child's life as there has been a large rise in more couples choosing to not get married. And whether or not you are married has no bearing on your ability as a couple to raise a child properly and wholly.

I think the statistics that this article is using are flawed and not an accurate representation of the true reality behind their definition of "single".

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Teaching self discipline is the real purpose of true religion, to live with the knowledge that we have a responsibility to deny "self",and overcome evil with good. Churches need to get out of the business of being businesses....Any thinking individual can discern the greed and avarice of many organized groups.The FACT remains that a boy or girl need a dad and a mom,and should be brought up in a way that teaches the pride there is in productivity!

Top Bottom