• ...and so much more!
  • JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    If I go with a savage it will be going to my gunsmith before a bullet travels down the bore... It will likely get a SAS 338 can as well

evolution-HD~~element62.jpg

THe XLR Evolution HD Chassis is what I am leaning towards at this time.

With this can .338 Vengeance Titanium Suppressors - .338 Suppressors

Check the cost to the custom options on the Savage vs the Sako and make sure you are really saving a enough money. Good Luck either way. In may case it was a no brainier when a friend asked if I wanted the TRG-42 with out money changing hands (even the entry on the spread sheet was reasonable with all the accessories ;-).

A10WEAPONSGUY

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    have you thought about going the BMG route? you can still reload them for less than a $1 a round if you buy in bulk and have your own brass and shoot as far as your scope lets you see.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I will be getting my first .338LM next week. I bit the bullet and built a DTA SRS Covert with both a .338LM barrel and a .338BR barrel. I will be able to buy bulk .338 bullets and shoot anywhere from light varmints at >100 yards to target shoot to way out yonder. I also have a Gemtech PSR-T brake mounted on each barrel so one suppressor will be used on both barrels. It was a very expensive package but will do the job of several custom rifles also.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    have you thought about going the BMG route? you can still reload them for less than a $1 a round if you buy in bulk and have your own brass and shoot as far as your scope lets you see.

It crossed my mind but I can shoot the 338 LM at local ranges as well as the club out of town so it makes more sense at this time.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    I will be getting my first .338LM next week. I bit the bullet and built a DTA SRS Covert with both a .338LM barrel and a .338BR barrel. I will be able to buy bulk .338 bullets and shoot anywhere from light varmints at >100 yards to target shoot to way out yonder. I also have a Gemtech PSR-T brake mounted on each barrel so one suppressor will be used on both barrels. It was a very expensive package but will do the job of several custom rifles also.

Great choice. Are you thinking of the 338 BR for suppressed usage and is this a DTA barrel or a local gun smith?

http://www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9787

Take Care
    John

Last edited:

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    .338BR will be used mostly subsonic except in states where .338 is legal to deer hunt then I plan to use a supersonic load also.

Frank (AMAFrank) built my .338BR barrel.

Have been very impressed with AMA Frank's suppressed subsonic 338 and 50 caliber rifles. What has me even more impressed is how well suppressed the full house 338 LM is with his suppressor.

You have an PM on the "other option" you need for the DT.

Regards
    John

Top Bottom