• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    One disadvantage I can see is current ammo availability and cost. Where do you guys find ammo? And how much are you paying per round?

I know a lot of guys are rolling their own right off the bat. Word has it that relatively inexpensive Remington UMC ammo will start to hit the market later this fall...

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Interesting!

One disadvantage I can see is current ammo availability and cost. Where do you guys find ammo? And how much are you paying per round?

Otherwise it sounds like a sweet caliber. It will be interesting to see if it really takes off.

I know a lot of guys are rolling their own right off the bat. Word has it that relatively inexpensive Remington UMC ammo will start to hit the market later this fall...

Hornady 300 Whisper ammo is compatible too...

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side

I'd like to try some factory ammo someday. Bit I've been pretty happy with my handloads....except form the bullet i stuck in the bore last range trip...first for me!

Doug K

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have both the Remington and CMMG subsonic ammo in stock also

Chris PM me with your price-per-round.

And for you guys that are reloading your own, do you buy the empty brass or do you shape it yourselves?

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I formed some when I first built my upper. I ended up sending off a bunch to a guy who converted my .223 brass for a pretty reasonable cost. Still have to. Run it through my dies before loading but it's better than spending the time cutting, forming, and trimming each peice. Not as bad if you're shooting it in a boltgun but even with a brass catcher on an AR (which is a pain to use) you still lose some of the brass.

Doug K

Sparky03

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Lebanon IN
    Thinking about building one of these badboys upper for my m16. One question how expensive is a round to fire off? Chris does percieson cart make these rounds yet?

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Thinking about building one of these badboys upper for my m16. One question how expensive is a round to fire off? Chris does percieson cart make these rounds yet?

At this time Precision Cartridge does not make ammo for the 300BLK. You can ammo for around .75 a round if you go with Gunn or CMMG.

I now have complete uppers in stock. They come with new 1-8 twist, 416 Stainless steel barrels in 9.5", 11.5" and 16" lengths with VTAC Extreme rails. The price for these uppers are $649.95

I can build custom uppers with any rail system you like. Pricing for custom uppers will depend on the options you choose.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    NICE!

and here I thought I knew what I wanted for my next rifle. Not anymore, all this 300BLK talk has my interest piqued.

If you don't mind my asking, what's ballpark on that build? Noveske has a factory 300blk SBR, but it's a bit spendy.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    The uppers I build and sell are $649.95 and that includes the BCG and a VTAC TRX Extreme rail with a stainless steel barrel in 9.5", 11.5" and 16" barrel.

I have right around $1200 in that build without the stamp

Top Bottom