• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    30 rounds + this = ouch now with cell video

Met up with a friend at the range and got to put 30 rounds through his 50.

30 rounds + this = ouch + :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    BTW, I'm accepting extra rep points for shooting while wearing my Who is John Galt shirt.:D:rockwoot::D

50.jpg

Last edited:

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Good friend.

If he let you put 30 rounds of 50 he is not only a good friend but a very good friend. That is not cheap to $hoot. Had to be a blast to shoot.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    30 rounds will leave a mark.
    I like your tactical head cover with no eye holes. It has that cool factor and provides an element of surprise as to where you're shooting.
    Always keep'em guessing.;)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    30 rounds will leave a mark.
    I like your tactical head cover with no eye holes. It has that cool factor and provides an element of surprise as to where you're shooting.
    Always keep'em guessing.;)

I don't post my ugly mug on the net. Fenway would be upset if I broke INGO

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I got to shoot a .50 BMG a couple of weeks ago and I really didn't think the recoil was that much more than a 12 guage shotgun (well maybe one on steriods), I was pleasantly surprised by it. The one that I shot had a rather large muzzle break on it. I had a huge smile on my face everytime I pulled the trigger, it was SWEEEEET. If you ever get the chance, do it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have a Rossi 12 gauge slug gun and after about 15 rounds of trying to sight that thing in, I couldn't take it anymore. That was with 3" sabot slugs. This thing wasn't as bad. It's pretty light weight as well for a 50. It was much better than I thought it would be. The first round, I pretty much aimed it at the paper and braced myself as I pulled the trigger. I was surprised and wasn't one bit afraid after that. I can feel it a little in my head now from the concussion of it. It is definitely not something you are going to go out and fire a hundred rounds in a day.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    A .50 is one rifle I have never shot. If I ever get the chance, I'll be sure to take the owner up on it. (and pay the $5 per round)

If you reload for it, it isn't near that bad. It can be done cheaper than high end hunting ammo.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I wouldn't risk putting more than 30 in every couple days due to the concussion. I would think it could cause brain or vision damage after too many rounds. T
    youcanfeel the concussion in your head. The effects of the concussion are much worse out to the side. Asiwas leaving, the guy running the place said I should have warned the bow shop guys that we were going to fire a 50. The wall of their shop is about5 feet behind the first bench we shot off of.:rockwoot:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Very cool. My one and only experience with a .50 was an AR-50 my cousin has. It had a massive muzzle brake, so recoil was probably on par with a 12ga shot gun. But, man, the concusion was something to feel in your chest. That, and the woosh of hot air that went by from the muzzle brake.

Standing about 5 ft away felt like someone smacking you in the chest each time it went off!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have a cell phone video of one of the shots. Hopefully, this will work.
    0821091212.flv video by hornadylnl - Photobucket

You can see from the video that it doesn't really throw you back that much. It is a lightweight (for a 50) rifle that was just sitting on a non clawed bipod on a wood bench. If I get to shoot it again, I will go for offhand.

hornadylnl

hornadylnl

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Is it a single shot each time? I don't see the magazine that big around. Did I miss anything?

These are single shot uppers built to snap on to an AR 15 lower. They are single shot and you have to place a round every time you fire. There are different styles out there. One brand uses a screw in breach plug that you have to shotgun the upper and screw in the plug and out every time you fire. There is at least one manufacturer that has a box mag that comes out of the left side of the receiver.

The upper I fired is made by this place.
    Tactilite.com | Zel Custom Mfg. 50BMG AR-15 Conversion Kits
    It is a really nice looking upper and the fit and finish is great.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom